Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Hobby Lobby        (Topic#1539755)
Scrappin Zeta
Governor
Scrappin Zeta

I have never been in Hobby Lobby...Do they have a good selection of scrapbooking supplies?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Scrappin Zeta

I really like their selection for a big box store. They always have a lot of thickers which I love.

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman

I don't have one close to me but I really like them. They have great paper choices and they have good sales. And you can get coupons for them too.

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy
In response to scraprabbit

Hobby Lobby is basically the only outlet I have in my city for my supplies. Their selection grows every year. I always find things "I must have!" They alsio have supplies on sale for 50% off during different times of the year, including albums, stickers, and embellishments!

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to Claggy

All paper is half price right now. Plus their 3D embellishments by paper studio are half off now too and that includes the brads. Chipboard and gem embellishments are half off too.

scalvert2542
Expert
scalvert2542
In response to VickieW

I like Hobby Lobby, went in for one thing this afternoon, and well $25 dollars later lol. They have a nice paper selection and I personally like the flower varieties they have. Also the store by me seems to have new brads ALL the time (including specialty shapes).

Oh yes! The stamp section is dangerously good...consider yourself warned hehehe.

Edited by scalvert2542 on 07-30-10 08:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to scalvert2542

Hobby Lobby is basically the only place to get scrapbooking supplies locally. I love it! Like someone said, they have been adding more to their selection, and usually have alot of up to date stuff.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to flintridgescrapper

I went there for the first time last Saturday and I am in LOVE! They have a lot of things my M and J don't have! It is def worth the 25 minute ride....I think I might go up that way today!

Claggy
Claggy 
Mayor
Claggy

So Zeta- I guess the consensus is: Go to Hobby Lobby and go NOW!

Enjoy your visit and let us know what you think!

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to Claggy

I love page kits and they have a wide variety. Their Paper Studio brand is often half price. They sell their own scrapbook magazine for cheap and there is usually a coupon on the back that can save you more than the price of the magazine.

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to johnsusan8

I think I will make a visit to Hobby Lobby !

NoirCat
Guru
NoirCat
In response to cheball

Hobby Lobby is not a bad scrap supply store. Unfortunately, the economy has cut their supplies as well as the companies making the supplies.
I like what they have and the prices are not out of line. Like J's & M's they have weekly coupons too. Sales are not bad.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to NoirCat

YES!!!!!! Enough said.

kelsey kay 2012
Veteran
kelsey kay 2012
In response to cdjohnson

Its alright. M's is BY FAR the best in my opinion, but J's is good too

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to kelsey kay 2012

I like Hobby Lobby. The nearest one is about three hours away and they definitely have a larger selection than my local J store. They offer good sales. You can print coupons from their website and someone already mentioned the magazine (only $2) with a 40% coupon on the back.

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I really like to try and support local scrapbook stores, in fact they are the ones that carry the really high quality papers like Bo Bunny. However, with scrapbooking being a very costly hobby, I raid the larger craft stores for many of my supplies. Hobby Lobby has a great selection of paper (their decorative paper isn't thick so it's better used with more quality cardstock like Bazzil) and they have a wide selection of embellishments and stickers. They are very reasonably priced and typically have great sales and coupons.

So my recommendation is go!

Edited by nrskrs on 07-31-10 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to nrskrs

• nrskrs Said:
I really like to try and support local scrapbook stores, in fact they are the ones that carry the really high quality papers like Bo Bunny. However, with scrapbooking being a very costly hobby, I raid the larger craft stores for many of my supplies. Hobby Lobby has a great selection of paper (their decorative paper isn't thick so it's better used with more quality cardstock like Bazzil) and they have a wide selection of embellishments and stickers. They are very reasonably priced and typically have great sales and coupons.

So my recommendation is go!

All the Hobby Lobbys I've been to do carry the high quality papers as well, just not in the individual sheets. They do carry some in individual sheets, but not usually brand new releases.

I get Basic Grey, DCWV, MME, American Crafts, Anna Griffin, Bazzil, Glitz and lots more from HL.

Edited by tinacome on 07-31-10 08:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to tinacome

For us pretty much anything is at least a half hour drive cause we live in a pretty small town.

But I was surprised at how much our Hobby lobby really did have but of course the one thing I wanted to look at they didn't have which is usually just my luck. lol

Our Michaels I was surprised that alot of the stuff was like from scrapbook lines that were like over 4 years old. Is that normal?

We have 2 local Joanns but one has hardly anything at all and the other one I haven't been too in ages cause it is clear on the far side of Springfield which is the closest big town which is 30 min away but being on the far side of town it's like a 45 min drive. UGH.

Cindy

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Cindyckj

i have one opening here tomorrow!!!!!! yay

cnsarenee
Tenant
cnsarenee
In response to HerHighness68

I went to HB Saturday and spent way to much, lol. I like HB much better than the M's thats closest to me.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics