Username Post: So excited! BF got me Sizzix Big Shot! Tell me your favorite dies please!        (Topic#1539761)
lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin

So happy-My BF ordered the Big Shot for me tonight from Joann's. He got it for $60 plus free shipping so it was a good deal. Can't wait to get it and start playing!

For you sizzix fans-I would love to know what your favorite dies are!

lizbaas
Pro
lizbaas
In response to lmhfin

I would recommend all the Tim Holtz alterations dies, they are just so versatile!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to lizbaas

I was a little disappointed with the T.H. on the edge dies...for some reason, I thought they would be bigger!

I do love T.H. Tatterred Florals and Sizzix Bigz Flower Layers 3 for making my own homemade flowers.

I just used the Sizzix Bigz Flourish & Decorative Accent with flower for making your own flourishes!

Congrats on your bigkick! I've had mine since Christmas and I really love it! So much easier to use than my sil...although I love my sil too.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to StarsNSparkles

my fav dies at the moment (and I only own ONE set but fixing to fix that!) are the shapeabilities dies and nesties from spellbinders,,,oooo so pretty! They just have such pretty edges and embossing capabilities,,,you'll need a tan mat to emboss them (or a plumber's mat you can get at Home depot!) but they are INCREDIBLE!

shopgirlaudi
Mayor
shopgirlaudi
In response to CommaHolly

LOVE the Tim Holtz dies. A definate must have. I just picked up a latches and hinges die yesterday at Michael's that reminded me of the TH dies, on clearance for only $4.99. They had quite a few of the large dies on clearance as well as others. Any flower dies are good to make your own...or flourish dies...use those often;)

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 07-31-10 08:51 AM
In response to shopgirlaudi

Check out the Clearance section on sizzix.com

mgiov
mgiov 
Mayor
mgiov
  • mgiov on 07-31-10 10:14 AM
In response to stick

Absolutely the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral, it's amazingly versatile...
I just got the new 3-D Flower and love it, perfect for flower centers and rosebuds.
Speaking of Tim, Gadget Gears and Hardware Findings are great, too.
Did you look at the Texture Fades, or any other embossing folders??? They're wonderful!!!!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to mgiov

I have lots of Sizzix dies, from the little Sizzlits to decorative strips to the Originals and the Bigz. Lately I'm using my BigKick for Nestabilities, though. I *love* those! As far as the Sizzix dies go, I really like having the tags, several alpha sets and strips, the decorative strips, and different flowers.

Lisa
Products Referenced in This Post:

ShoppingMom
Diva
ShoppingMom
In response to lstory

I love flower dies, i cut felt with it to make my own felties:)

kelsey kay 2012
Veteran
kelsey kay 2012
In response to ShoppingMom

i use my big shot mostly for embossing. but what a good boyfriend!! too bad zachary didn't think to do that for me... haha

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to kelsey kay 2012

Stampin' Up also sells dies for the Big Shot. I love the top note die which is exclusive to Stampin' Up.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to cdjohnson

Oh I am a die junkie! I love them all, and have several alpha sets, but I think the dies I use the most are the border dies, flourishes and flowers. I have bought several dies here, but I frequently go to the sizzix website and shop the clearance section there. Tuesday Teasers on the sizzix website is a constant temptation too.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to lcmemories

Love cuttlebug embossing folders and also spellbinders. Use them more than any of my sizzix dies.

Foamy
Foamy 
Mayor
Foamy
  • Foamy on 08-15-10 06:44 AM
In response to Sneezy1956

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Big SHot. I have not taken the leap to an electronic cutting machine because I LOVE my BIG SHOT SO MUCH!!!!
Here are a some of my fav dies -

Edited by Foamy on 08-15-10 06:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Foamy

i love just about all dies, but i don't have a big shot. still with my sizzix when I choose to use it, i tend to go to the flowers and flourries dies the most. my cricut is what i go to for lettering most of the time because it is so easy to resize and i can get exactly what i want using my bug.

lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin
In response to flutterbye0419

You guys are the best! Thanks for all the suggestions!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics