Username Post: Glimmer mist....what is your fav?        (Topic#1539949)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I was looking at getting some glimmer mist (I am not really sure I am ready to try and make my own) so I thought I would ask, what is your fav colour and why?

Which is the most versitile? Which do you use the most?

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-02-10 07:59 AM
In response to PhotobearSam

I really like Iridescent Gold. It's great for when you want a subtle hint of shimmer, and it pretty much goes with anything.

I also love a good brown mist, such as Suede or Coffee Shop. Brown is another neutral that will accent anything beautifully.

Those would be good, versatile, sort of neutral ones to start with. I also LOVE Patina and Candy Apple Red for pops of brilliant color.

These colors are the ones I use the most.

Hope this helps!

NJStampinMom
Governor
NJStampinMom
In response to Ami G

The irradessent gold is also a blending color. Squirt it OVER other bolder colors to saturate and blend them into each other. WAY cool! I have many glimmer mists but the gold is so subtle and blendy - I use it way more than any others.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to NJStampinMom

I only have about ten or eleven colors, but the one I reach for the most is Iridescent Gold. It gives a gorgeous, but subtle shimmer. I love it.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to Kamananui

I love the wheatfields & pearl.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to ncyankee

I depends on what you like. I layer them a lot, but I def use dazzling Diamonds, Sapphire, Suede, Candy Apple Red, Patina, Vintage Pink, English Ivy and Antique Brass a lot. I have a lot of colors, but I think I use those the most.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to Manda_K

The two that I use the most are Olive Vine and Pearl. Coffee shop is a close 3rd!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Kamananui

• Kamananui Said:
I only have about ten or eleven colors, but the one I reach for the most is Iridescent Gold. It gives a gorgeous, but subtle shimmer. I love it.

*only*?

walnut gold, silver, and patina are the ones I've used most, but that's because I was using them on specific projects. I just got coffee shop, and I agree it's a good basic color to have.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Tina scraps

I love color, so my favs are bright and bold

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Here Kitty

My favorite is pearl, it can be used on any color for slight shimmer and the color of the pp stays pretty true.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to MrsAnnieS

Thanks for helping me out...I had no idea which ones to choose first....This is going to help me out a lot.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee

I only have three right now, but I'm loving Raven. I love it's versatility. Sometimes it comes out a grey/blue color and sometimes it's a darker purplish color. It's very pretty. I've used it on some paper flowers I made.

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to DesiLee

I use gold, coffee shop, and marshmallow all the time. I also use meadow green and sorbet. I love love love glimmer mist everyone should use them all the time!

RockstarJen
Mayor
RockstarJen
In response to Pickledplum981

Marshmallow and Dazzling Diamonds are my favs!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to RockstarJen

I wish you could buy a set of them instead of one bottle at a time. I would love to see a tarter set of about 10 of them.....then I would not just guess.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• PhotobearSam Said:
I wish you could buy a set of them instead of one bottle at a time. I would love to see a tarter set of about 10 of them.....then I would not just guess.

I bought a set at the Tattered Angels booth at the Scrapbook Expo. It was a great deal, and it featured a couple colors that were not ordinarily sold separately.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Luvmyfam

I thought they sold a set here on sb.com....??? Well they do sell kits that have a few colors available in one....

tammytutterow
Tenant
tammytutterow
In response to HisGEM

Vanilla Breeze. It makes the most perfect vintagey glimmery tea dyed looking tags!

Edited by tammytutterow on 08-08-10 07:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics