Username Post: Chipboard find for 2cents at W's        (Topic#1540045)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

Well I found this by total accident. I was at walmart last week picking up my little boys birthday. I was walking through the clearance isle to check the cricut stuff and saw these cute desktop calendars. They were for 2009-2010. I thought if I could get 5 months of use out of it that'd be great. And it was only 2 cents not much of a loss so I bought it without really looking at it cause I was in a bit of a hurry and of course when I got home and looked at it July was the last month so I could only get a handful of days use of it.

But then I also thought since is such a good large size I could use the other side for posters that my cub scout den sometimes make through out the year and then too that's a really big piece of raw chipboard on the back of it too.

Don't really know how much chipboard goes for? So would that be a good price for a large pice of chipboard?

I've got a stack of it just waiting for me to get a deep cut blade for my cricut. Everytime I used to go to this one lss store back in indiana they used to always put a 12X12 peice in the bag when you bought and for some reason I always saved it even though back then chipboard wasn't really being used yet.

lol

Cindy

Edited by Cindyckj on 08-03-10 09:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Cindyckj

I'm sorry, somewhere you lost me.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Bxr-Linda

Well the whole desk top calendar cost 2 cents and it has a nice big piece of chipboard on the back of it and the pages can be used for other things.

So how much is a regular peice of chipboard? This might be a good way to get a piece of very inexpensive chipboard.

Cindy

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Cindyckj

I have no idea how much regular chipboard costs, but the last time I paid 2 cents for anything was 1968. So....yeah....I would say it's a good deal!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

make new calendars for the coming year, print out the months or whatever and scrap you a new one RIGHT OVER the old months

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette
In response to CommaHolly

I don't buy too much chipboard but it sounds like a good deal! Go you!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to CommaHolly

It's kinda a odd size being really long and all I just thought that if anyone used chipboard much and was looking for some it's a really good price cause I found some for sale here for like over like over 4 and 5 bucks for 20 pieces.

I just thought it was a way of being thrifty and a way to repurpose something and who couldn't use a 2 cent huge sketch/note/scratch pad. Couldn't believe it was only 2 cents. I've never seen anything for 2 cents at walmart before. hehehe

I might actually pick up a few more and save the chipboard for when I get my deep cut blade.

lol

Cindy

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to Cindyckj

If you set the Cricut to multi cut..you don't need the different blade. Works like a charm!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Croppin4Christ

Before you buy more, you may want to check and see if it's acid-free.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'll just spray the stuff!

Jazabelle
Resident
Jazabelle
In response to Cindyckj

The price reduction is usually so they can toss them away without losing too much money. ( I used to work for them ) We actually sold throw blankets, fleece ones, for 15 cents....

On another note, I bought a lovely gel pen from M that was marked .29 and on my receipt.... .01! Now, I'll go get myself some cheap chipboard and write on it with my new gel pen....

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to Jazabelle

usually chipboard is covered with acid free paper..so it doesn't matter if the chipboard is acid free or not

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Croppin4Christ

• Croppin4Christ Said:
usually chipboard is covered with acid free paper..so it doesn't matter if the chipboard is acid free or not

Well, not really, but...

Acid will leach and travel, so if you are truly concerned with archival safety, it doesn't matter if it's covered with acid-free paper. It could damage your pages.

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to Bxr-Linda

I have never seen anything marked down to 2 cents. What a find!!! The closest I got was 25 cent misc embellishments at Joanns.

I save chipboard from different things....have not used any yet. I am concerned a bit about the archive safe...so I have been putting off using any.

Tiffany

Malee9000
New Kid On the Block
Malee9000
In response to Diamond Events by Tiffany

I will go and check if there is any left. I just got the cricut machine and want to do scrapbook photo albumn. I think it will hold the photo better than the printed sheets. Hope I will get some with 12x12. Thank you to share this info.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics