Username Post: Goodie Bag ideas for scrapbooking weekend        (Topic#1540123)
amyc1
amyc1 
Veteran
amyc1
  • amyc1 on 08-04-10 07:45 AM

I am going to a scrapbook weekend in about a month. Everyone attending can contribute to a 'goodie bag'. I am at a total loss what I can put in there . It does not necessarily have to be scrapbook related either (i.e. in the past people have put in candy, packs of gum, pads of paper etc.)
I am trying to come up with something that is creative, not too expensive (this will be for 40 people), and if I am going to 'make' something, it can be quickly and easily made. I know this is a tall order, but any help would be appreciated.
I'd LOVE your ideas. HELP!!!
TIA

timetraveler
Guru
timetraveler
In response to amyc1

post it note holders ,pen,little bit candy wrap candy bars with pretty paper

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-04-10 08:15 AM
In response to timetraveler

household items you can stamp with....shaped erasers/corks/bubble wrap

scraps of ribbon

jolly rancher candy or tootsie rolls

scrapbook bingo cards?? bingo cards with items you would find on a scrapbook page....every little bit, you call out an item and if they have it on a page they are working on or someone to their immediate right or left have it, they can "stamp out" (good use for the cork here) the spot. First person to bingo gets a scrappy prize....play blackout with it as well for a bigger prize.

buy a big bag of misellanous buttons and split between the goodies bags

black, acid free gel pen for journaling....you can never have enough of those

some fun paper clips?

a notecard with some challenges on it......you can make one card and copy for everyone.....they can use it to "jumpstart" their mojo if they hit a block during the crop.

those individual drink mixes for bottled water?

Resident
In response to j3Mel

I know M's has large bags of scrap paper and stickers. You could buy a couple of those and divide them up. After all everyone could use more paper and stickers!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to DolphinGirl09

Fun little things like shaped paper clips, buttons, cute pins to use on corkboards, magnets, brads, loose rhinestones, and flowers. All of these are things you can buy in bulk packs (some of them even at the dollar store) and split up the packs. Pens with cute designs can also be had at the dollar store. Even if you don't use a regular pen with scrapping, you can always use a pen to write out ideas and sketch LOs.

You can make really cute magnets. Get some of those clear glass pebbles with the flat bottom, like you use at the bottom of a vase or fishbowl. The ones that are about the size of a quarter work really well for this project. Cut images from pretty pp and use glossy accents or diamond glaze over the whole piece of the cut out pp. While the GA is still wet, adhere the pebble on top. Wait for it all to dry, add a magnet and voila!

You can make cute tags or journal spots. Heidi Swapp sells those journal spots that are in a small stack. You could split up the stack into several bags for different people.

Don't feel like each bag has to have the exact same stuff in it, either. People will enjoy trading and looking at each other's stuff. In fact, I think that's part of the fun with the goody bags.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

I forgot to add that you use the GA or diamond glaze on the image side, not the blank back of the pp. The idea is that after you put the pebble on top, you get the effect of one of those baubles like Prima sells.

Another idea: M's sells stamp sets with tiny stamps in them. I have one that has maybe nine stamps in it. Each stamp is tiny and cute. You could get some of those sets on sale or with a coupon and put one stamp in each bag.

Jazabelle
Resident
Jazabelle
In response to siameseplease

If you buy some of the smaller things, like paper clips or stickers, you could always add a homemade appeal by making a shaped envelope. Cut out two large circles for a "sun" shape decorate however you like then adhere most of the shapes to one another. This creates a pouch. Theme it. I'm guessing your going at the end of August, so I figured a sun shape would be fun and appropriate. (feel free to use googley eyes!)

If you can't fit your items in a homemade pouch. You can use the same idea/theme to make tags. Make your themed tag and attach. If you buy pens, for example, use a hole punch to make two punches near the center, fold over and slip your pen through.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Jazabelle

Just thought of another goodie. In the Target Dollar Spot, they used to have six packs of those pins (like the ones I pinned to my denim jacket in the 80s, LOL). I use those in my scrapbooks and they might also be a fun thing for your goodie bags.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to amyc1

A full-sized candy bar with a band of pp and a flower? A pen and notepad with a pp cover? I guess it depends on how much you want to do. Otherwise, you can just settle on packets of M&M's -- chocolate is ALWAYS appropriate!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to meezerpleaser

Decorative stick pins or handmade butterflies just need a spool of wire, some tulle, and a few beads per butterfly (there is a tutorial on tidbitz in time). The packs that have rows of bling and cut the rows apart and use in each bag. Divide a pack of Mini Marks Rub ons.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to rockmom

How about a simple hand-crafted thank you card. Everyone can find a use for one of those.

amyc1
amyc1 
Veteran
amyc1
  • amyc1 on 08-06-10 03:23 PM
In response to amyc1

What GREAT ideas! Thank you so much! I knew I could count on my scrapbook.com friends to help me out! I'm still not too sure what I'll pick, but at least I don't feel so lost and overwhelmed.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to amyc1

Sometimes local fast food places will give out packs of coupons. Find a place nearby and tell them 40 women will be looking for somewhere to eat lunch. (If they don't serve food where you are.)

Mrs Barbara
Tenant
Mrs Barbara
In response to 950nancy

I like to make flower pens for a cute quick gift. I usually pair it with a journal, but that could get expensive. Maybe you could get a few jars of primas with a 40% off coupon and pair them with a flower pen for a flower themed gift. You could use a flower die cut to attach a tag. You can get fake flowers cheap at the dollar store and I think Michaels has a bunch maked down now in the seasonal section. Floral tape is like a buck and you could use cheap pens instead of journal pens and get them SUPER cheap right now with all the back to school sales.

Edited by crazycraftyworld on 08-06-10 11:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Croppers Ball
Resident
Croppers Ball
In response to Mrs Barbara

This is a wonderful thread!!!
Great ideas for our annual crop too.

How about those make up applicators, or those make up sponges, great fo rapplying ink.

amyc1
amyc1 
Veteran
amyc1
  • amyc1 on 08-13-10 06:32 PM
In response to amyc1

Again, I loved all your ideas. I just thought I'd tell you what I actually ended up doing....

I made my own envelopes using tissue paper and freezer paper. They are looking great, did not cost very much and still have a personal homemade touch to them. AND they are useable.

Basically:
-I Fused the tissue paper to the freezer paper using a hot iron
-made a template using an envelope. I traced, cut out and glued the envelopes together. Viola! A cute, homemade gift.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics