Username Post: paints        (Topic#1540149)
3in3 
Tenant
  • 3in3 on 08-04-10 11:34 AM

just wondering what paint is best for chipboard? I was using memory keepers but i can't find it anymore. Also I would appreciate some constructive criticism on my lay outs. I don't know anyone else that scraps so getting feedback would be great!

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to 3in3

As far as paints, any acrylic paint will work on chipboard. Making Memories paint tends to be a bit thicker, but a lot of people use the cheaper Apple Barrel, Plaid, etc.

MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun
In response to tinacome

I agree about the paints. I haven't been scrappin' long but I looked at your gallery and left a couple of comments. I like your work a lot.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-05-10 03:31 AM
In response to MissaOnTheRun

I think any acrylic paints are OK, but BY FAR by favorites are the dabbers. They are super easy to use, have great coverage and no mess or cleanup.

The dabbers come in many colors and can be found here at the Superstore or in your local craft store.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-05-10 04:11 AM
In response to IzzyB

For suggestions, I would go through the main gallery here and find a few pages you really like. Then click on the name of the artists of those pages and look at their whole gallery. That would give you some design ideas.

An artist I like who has a great clean and simple style is Cindy312. Here gallery is here: http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/82838.html

She has a great way with using multiple pics on a page, building cohesion among all the elements, and scrapping to scale so that embellies don't overshadow photos.

3in3 
Tenant
  • 3in3 on 08-05-10 12:14 PM
In response to IzzyB

Thanks for taking the time to view my pages and give all the helpful tips!

Colombean
Guru
Colombean
In response to 3in3

I adore painting on chipboard! I use regular acrylic (translation, whatever is on sale @ M's...) I like painting a layer first, letting dry, and then painting another layer. 2 layers is usually enough. but then I decide to change the color and so on and so forth. lol

New Kid On the Block
In response to Colombean

I like this particular article it gives me an additional input on the information around the world. thanks a lot and keep giving with posting such information.
========================= ============
Money Saving

km37 
Tenant
  • km37 on 09-05-10 09:25 PM
In response to martinageo

I have used the Kaisercraft range and it worked well.

New Kid On the Block
In response to km37

I never painted on chipboard. Looks like I found something new to mess around with.

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to PicturePosterBooking

I checked out your gallery your layouts are great... I've never painted on chipboard... yet another technique I'd like to try!!

ehammann
Veteran
ehammann
In response to 3in3

I'm a fan of Making Memories acrylic paints. They work well for everything I use paint on. Some of my other favorites are Crackle Paints and Pebbles Inc. paints.

On the layout below I used Making Memories Paints.

massadmomma
Veteran
massadmomma
In response to ehammann

I'm with IzzyB! The Ranger Paint Dabbers are awesome.
They are similar to Bingo dabbers, but way better. You don't have to use a paintbrush and there is no cleanup.
You can also blend other colors with them. I didn't know this until I saw Tim Holtz do it the other day on HSN.
They are also great for stamping. You just dab the paint right onto your stamp and stamp away! They clean right up with soap or just water!

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to massadmomma

I agree that the paint dabbers are a mess-free way to paint, but if you want coverage I would stay away from their white dabber. I had to use 3+ thick coats of it to turn the kraft colored chipboard white! I don't know how well other white paint covers, but I was disappointed with it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics