Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Crop-a-dile        (Topic#1540171)
Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066

I have been thinking about purchasing a Crop-a-dile... I was wanting everyone's thoughts! Do you have it? Do you like it? Pros? Cons? Do you actually use it? What makes it better than old fashioned eyelet setting and hole punching? Any other advice??

Oh, and which one do you have, want?

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Karen3066

I have the crop- a -dile. waste of money in my opinion. it doesn't have a far reach so its only good for tags and small stuff.

I bought the crop-a-dile 11 big bite and I love it. You can reach all over a 12x12 Paper. I dont use as many eyelets as I used to but im always useing it to punch holes.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to andrea m

Karen, I love mine. (I originally got mine for $7 with a half off sticker at Joanns). I never invested in the 'old school system', so maybe that's part of it's appeal for me. Plus, I love the pink of it all (though gotta say, the green, orange & lavendar are all equally cute!)

Once I return to the states I'm hoping to inexpensively find a Big Bite from someone who isn't thrilled with theirs. I believe you can find them at Walmart on marked down/on clearance for $10-$20, that is, depending on your Walmart.

In the end, I'd say the Crop-A-Dile is a hit or miss! Scrappers seem to either love it or hate it.

MamasBoys
Resident
MamasBoys
In response to KellyCali

I have the Big Bite. LOVE it!! Friend has the pink one but when we are together she always uses mine. It is so nice that it can reach everywhere on a 12x12. At first it seemed bulky and hard to do....but much better than pounding away with a hammer! After a few times I got they hang of it. I got it for half off at HL on sale. Hope that helps!

Resident
In response to KellyCali

I have the Big Bite and I've used it about twice, but I did get started with the "Old school" and that just seems simpler to me.

Lindy_Pop
Veteran
Lindy_Pop
In response to eyescrapp

I love my Crop-A-Dile! I had gotten mine for Christmas with a 40% off coupon so I think I paid $12 for it. I've never set them by hand so I cant say if that way is better but I love using mine.
The only Con is that you can only do small things, go for the Big Bite, I wish I had. Although now that I'm doin more cards, the size is fine. Its only when I'm scrapping that I want the big one.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Lindy_Pop

• Lindy_Pop Said:
...now that I'm doin more cards, the size is fine. Its only when I'm scrapping that I want the big one.

Exactly & great point! That's pretty much how I also feel!

(In which case a paper piercer will do the trick just fine as long as it brads vs. eyelets that you want in the center of your page!)

Products Referenced in This Post:

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to KellyCali

I have both...nip it in the bud and get the big bite! It is big, but I store mine on a peg board...great asset IMO even if I don't use it on every project.

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to HisGEM

The big bite is my fave

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrapalooza

I have the Big Bite - love it. I haven't used it in a while but I go in stages where i use it a lot! Its a great tool.

I have a big basket of things I take to crops every Friday night and it lives in that basket.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Henri Jean

I have one and I rarely use it. I got the standard one and unless you want to punch a lot of holes and set a lot of eyelets near the edge of the paper.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I have both and love my Big Bite. It's super quiet, which allows me to punch and set at any time of day (no more disturbing autistic son). It reaches everywhere, and is very slim. I slip it right into my crop bag. I've never bothered using a case for it.

kanary
kanary 
Mayor
kanary
In response to Luvmyfam

I could not do without my Big Bite. The long reach is worth the price, but my favorite part is that there is no hammering and you don't need to be a weightlifter to punch holes. Very little pressure is required; in fact, if you press too hard, you'll smash your eyelet or gromlet. So many uses for the Big Bite. I just used it the other night to punch a hole in one of my dad's belts. Easy peasy.

glensgirl
Idol
glensgirl
In response to kanary

Another big bite user. I love it!! Use a 40 or 50% off coupons at either Ms or AC M's then you can it get it for a relatively inexpensive price. I love mine!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to glensgirl

I have the Big Bite. It's great except my instructions were in French and I've heard that's pretty common.

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to sunrenay

Thanks for all the input... I use quite a few eyelets, so I think I will make the investment! And of course I will use the 40% off coupon!!

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975
In response to Karen3066

I have the crop-a-dial, wish I had the big bite!

cdjohnson
Queen
cdjohnson
In response to danielle1975

Definitely get the big bite if you do 12x12 srapbook pages otherwise as stated above you can all do small areas. I have the big bite and use it quite a bit.

krispin41
Tenant
krispin41
In response to cdjohnson

Seriously. I wonder why I waited so long to buy mine. It punches through so many things like butter. I punched holes in all sorts of things just to see what it could do!

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to krispin41

I have the crop-a-dile. I love it but I only ever use it for punching chipboard, cds or metal. Otherwise I use the "old system" eyelet setter.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics