Username Post: Help new to scrapbooking!!        (Topic#1540283)
New Kid On the Block

I was wondering if someone could help me, I want to start scrap booking but i don't know what type of scrapbook is best. I am torn between getting a scrapbook like the moments ones with plastic covers and expandable or to get a artist sketch book as they come in different sizes and lots of pages in case i go wrong also when you look through it (when its finally finished) my embellishments and raised parts will pop better?

Please send some scrapbooking wisdom my way
Thanks

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-06-10 03:26 AM
In response to carmelinamancini

Most scrapbookers prefer 12 x 12 "D-ring" scrapbooks. The most common brand of these is American Crafts. You can find them at your local craft store or here on sb.com in the Superstore.

A D-ring is a type of 3-ring binder that opens and closes and holds paper protectors better than a traditional 3-ring.

kelsey kay 2012
Veteran
kelsey kay 2012
In response to IzzyB

i use the expandable ones with the plastic protecters inside...i like it a lot! i normally choose the K&Co ones...

I have a sketch book one that i have never used.

New Kid On the Block
In response to IzzyB

Thank you so much for your help I am so glad i was able to get a more experienced opinion & addin the products and video helped so much. You've really helped & I really appreciate it =D

New Kid On the Block
In response to kelsey kay 2012

Thank you for replying to my post again your opinion has helped me decide especially since you have a sketch book scrapbook and have never used it =)

xoemzox
Tenant
xoemzox
In response to carmelinamancini

I began with a 'book' album (such as the artist book you were referring to) and have since switched to scrapbook albums with plastic protectors, which I got from a high street store. I find the page protectors very useful (less marks on the book!) and as easily interchangeable as the book. Plus, I make the pages before adding them to the book, instead of making them on the page... it's easier to correct mistakes that way.

Also, welcome to sb.com and happy scrapbooking

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to xoemzox

i use scrapbook albums. i do not take them apart for expanding them though. i don't have much luck with that. i just get a new album every time i fill the first one up.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to flutterbye0419

Love my D-ring!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to lisymarie

In the long run, any scrapbook with page protectors is PROBABLY going to work best for you,,,,especially if lots of people like to touch and look I figure, I want them to last as long as possible and I HOPE they are well loved long after I am gone,,,,,

However,,,,,,there are no wrongs in scrapping Whatever works best for you

One thing to consider, though, and I don't know what the case is,,,,,are artists books acid and lignin free?? Books that ARE will last LONGER then those that are not,,,,

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

Hi pls help me..im new with this i was planning for a digital scrapbooking is this better? and where i can i print my 12x 12 scrapbook pages...im from calgary thanks..

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to serahphim

I used to use the books with posts and when I got about 25 of them I couldn't find anything! If I wanted to see our trip to India, I had to open 10 books to find it. When someone wanted to see something it took me forever to got through books.

Got rid of all of them and went to 3-ring for my 12 x 12. I get about 45 pages or 90 layouts in each book so it covers an entire cruise or vacation.

I get the ones a HL with the clear place for the tab. That is the largest typing space I found, which is why I get those and I cal list everything in the book and find the right book at a glance.

Post bound books are prettier in my opinion, I like the way they looked better, but I prefer the size of the 3-rings because I can get so many more pages in them, I can move them around or add or take away pages without bothering with the posts.

And best of all, I can list on the spine what is one them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics