Username Post: Paper Ripping        (Topic#1540319)
Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima

I just put a new needle into my cricut and was using a new mat but every time i tried to cut out my letters it would tare the paper.I havn't had this issue befor.Any ideas?
Products Referenced in This Post:

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Kasima

Too much pressure or speed is all I can think of. Or maybe, is the design too intricate or small?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

Yep, I would either adjust the blade or the pressure...and maybe the size of the font if you can...

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to HisGEM

It could be that the font was to intricate, any ideas for elegant fonts that will cut nicely,using mtc, I think i was using edwardian script.Mind you being that it is a new blade i may have had too much pressure.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Kasima

The more intricate, the larger the size you need to make the letters/design in order for it to turn out well.

Which is why a lot of people have purchased the Jasmine font cartridge and complained about it... Because you just canNOT cut it small while keeping it whole.

How large/small were you trying to make your letters? Edwardian is very intricate for the uppercase letters, so I just can't see it cutting well for a height of less than probably 1.5" or more (that is, if you're constraining the proportions and not enlongating or shortening the letters).

Kasima
Kasima 
Veteran
Kasima
In response to CMLeach

I was trying to do 1/2 inch - 3/4 inch and i welded them together.I need an elegant font for a wedding LO im doing of my mom.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Kasima

Yea... Your font size is way too small. That's why it's ripping.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to CMLeach

I concur (love that word!) CMLeach. Blackladder is 1 in and up. any smaller and issues arise! A new mat sometimes works as well if you need it smaller. Trial and error, I hate to say it! If you are using a pricey cardstock you may want to consider the bigger font size and leave it at that.

Good Luck! Let me know how it goes!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics