Username Post: pennants/banners        (Topic#1540389)
angie girl
Diva
angie girl

I know these are the hot thing right now. How have you made them? What's the easiest way you've found to make them? Is there a Cricut die cut or a punch?

Thanks!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to angie girl

I like to use Spellbinders to make them

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Here Kitty

I mean for scrapbook pages. Those look big enough to be a real size, hang-on-the-wall type banner. Am I wrong?

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

I did mine with my cricut. I think I used one of the triangles on George and Basic shapes but you could use any triangle or one of the carts with a pennant piece. I sized it in DS to make it longer and skinnier. Each is just under 5" wide and just over 5" long.

Banner swap - Create for Terri By ColbyCheeseCat
Banner swap - Create for Terri By ColbyCheeseCat

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Sorry I just re-read your post! You could make them any size in DS too for LOs. It's all basically the same thing on a different scale.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Just cut out some triangles from pp and lay them next to each other - that's what I did!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• angie girl Said:
I mean for scrapbook pages. Those look big enough to be a real size, hang-on-the-wall type banner. Am I wrong?

Actually with the nestabilities, you get all different sizes of dies, so the small ones could work for layouts. I've just used them myself for the regular banners though, not on a layout.

I've also made banners from stamps - I have a kite stamp and I just cut the top off. That's how I made these banners. I cut them with straigt and decorative scissors.
Fly Away With Me By Here Kitty
Same thing here, just on a card.

Birthday Wishes By Here Kitty

I've also just cut triangles and made a banner like on this layout.

Cute as a Button! By Here Kitty

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-08-10 03:40 PM

These are all fabulous ideas! I've also just cut them from patterned paper or used chipboard pieces. Here are some examples. Hope that helps!

scrappinnik
Veteran
scrappinnik
In response to Ami G

Ive also used the Maya Road set of chipboard. Then I made a templete I can keep using. Also I found on House of 3 blog they have a digital version that is pretty cool.

Edited by scrappinnik on 08-08-10 04:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to scrappinnik

Wow, these banners are all Very Cute! I was watching this thread to see what everyone meant about "banner"...all the creativity never ceases to amaze me!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

• Here Kitty Said:

Can you tell me hw you do this? I have never seen a penant set.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to CorrieW

• CorrieW Said:
  • Here Kitty Said:

Can you tell me hw you do this? I have never seen a penant set.

They don't have a pennant die, but you can use any shape to make a banner. If you subscribe to Scrap 'n Art, I did a tutorial about making a banner with Spellbinder dies in the Jan/Feb 2010 issue. You can use different shapes and layer them, it's quite fun to see what you come up with!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'd trace or cut a triangle to use as your template, Angie,,,,then you can trace it the number of times you need to,,,,,on another board you asked about the fancy cut ones,,,,someone told me they just cut out a triangle with regular scissors an then lay it down and glue it on whatever paper they want to be the background paper,,,then cut out around it with fancy scissors,,,,,

how do you want to attach it to the string (if you're going to use real string??) I simply made my banner a half an inch taller than I wanted, and scored it where I wanted the top to be,,,,then folded it over the string and glued down with tacky tape,,,,,

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks everyone! Definitely inspired to try it out!!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother

Great ideas here!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics