Page 1 of 53 
Username Post: Which sb trend did you hate?        (Topic#1540453)
meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

We all know that scrapping goes through trends in fits and starts, and they're usually nice ones that we get involved with happily (flowers, for instance). But which trend didn't ring your bell? Which one did you maybe use but didn't like?

(For me it was owls and/or birds -- only did one.)

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to meezerpleaser

Cutting pics with deco scissors. Yeah, that was a while ago, but I couldn't really get into it.

Eyelets are not my thing, either. For a while there, people seemed to be using them on every LO. They hate me, so I hate them. LOL

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Oh, and I just have to hijack your thread to say that I want to see more pics/LOs of Lladro!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to siameseplease

owls and birds, definitely. for the longest time I wasn't into flowers, I thought they were pretty just not my style, but I've started getting into them now. By that I mean buying them if not actually using them

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Tina scraps

Cutting photos with decorative scissors.

I haven't gotten in to the owls or birds either.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Tina scraps

That's funny. I love owls and birds, I just haven't had a chance to use them, except one owl so far. I have a owl stamp set I'm dying to use.

One thing I can't get into: torn paper
I can't do it. I like it on other peoples lo's, but not my own. I can never get it to tear right, either. Ranks right up there with deco edged scissors.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to Bxr-Linda

Cutting your pics into shapes like stars and hearts...I did that too and now look back and don't really like those pages!

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to purpledurple

Ugh.... It KILLS me to see some of my old pages that I cut the photos into stars and ovals with!!!

I can't get into the MASSIVE flower trend. I can understand a few on a page, I LOVE flowers, but some pages it looks like a floral shop exploded onto paper, and not in a good way.

A while back I think it was hambly came out with some mustache rub-ons... I didn't quite get that trend either.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to ScrapperSara22

UGH!!! Cutting my pictures up into ovals and circles too I don't like those scrapbooks!!!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to ScrapperSara22

I think cutting photos in to ovals and circles is not so bad. But I agree about the other shapes, stars, hearts....I did a layout where I cut my photos into strawberries! But that wasn't that long ago, I'm just super new at scrapping. (Just over 2 years.)

One thing I cannot stand, and please forgive me if there are any Becky Fleck Challenge fans on here...but it's what I call the garbage can look. It looks like people spread glue on paper and then sprinkle their craft trash can over it like glitter. Bits of paper, rope, string, ribbon and other oddities...anything for no rhyme or reason EVERYWHERE. I don't understand it. And it's this look that wins the Page Maps monthly challenge almost every single time.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Penny Lane

Masking...I have almost all the masks and for some reason, every time I try to do it...I hate it! I don't know if I'm just not doing something right or what...but I just don't like it when I do it...and I would love to know how others make it look so great!!!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to StarsNSparkles

Ok dumb question...what is masking?

MamasBoys
Resident
MamasBoys
In response to StarsNSparkles

Literally LOL to the deco scissor pics I did UGH!! I am not into the owl and bird thing either. I have a few flowers...havent used them yet because I have 2 sons and haven't seemed to do a LO that they would fit on. I am going to do a surprise album for my mom's 50th next year and I am pretty excited to do some girly flowery pages then!! Speaking of....I should get started on that.

MamasBoys
Resident
MamasBoys
In response to MamasBoys

You aren't alone. I don't know what masking is either.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• Penny Lane Said:

You take a "mask" or anything really and put it on the paper, then you ink or mist over it so it leaves the negative impression of the image behind.

I love masking, I use it on a lot...and I mean A LOT of layouts!

I cannot get into banners.

I love birds and owls!! Dang guys!! What is wrong with them?

Edited by Manda_K on 08-09-10 12:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • Penny Lane Said:

You take a "mask" or anything really and put it on the paper, then you ink or mist over it so it leaves the negative impression of the image behind.

I love masking, I use it on a lot...and I mean A LOT of layouts!

I cannot get into banners.

I love birds and owls!! Dang guys!! What is wrong with them?

OH! I've done that before...lol Just didn't know the name.

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4
In response to meezerpleaser

tracing and cutting!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

I don't like to do the layouts with tons of flowers and swirls. I like them when other people do them, I just don't like to do them myself.

I don't care for the big swirly bling flourishes. I don't mind a little here swirl here or there, but not the huge swirls that are popular.

I love birds and owls

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Here Kitty

Sorry Manda, I have seen very few layouts where the birds and owls 'fit' the theme or feel of the page.

To me, it's so random. Unless your page is about nature or birds and owls, why???

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Sorry Manda, I have seen very few layouts where the birds and owls 'fit' the theme or feel of the page.

To me, it's so random. Unless your page is about nature or birds and owls, why???

THIS.

Page 1 of 53 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics