Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: How Many.....        (Topic#1540591)
HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

paper trimmers do you have? If you have more than one, do you use them for different reasons?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to HisGEM

I have three:
1. Making Memories trimmer - sits next to my scrap table and is used for cutting any larger pieces of paper
2. Creative Memories personal trimmer - great for trimming up small scraps or photos.
3. Fiskars trimmer - for crops. That's the only thing I use it for; my MM trimmer is just too heavy and bulky to carry with me.

Edited by siameseplease on 08-11-10 08:20 AM. Reason for edit: to add products

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers
In response to HisGEM

I have 3...I only use 1!! One is the original I bought when I first started scrapping. The "arm" on it broke off so I just felt like I HAD to get a new one. I bought a Fiskars trimmer b/c it was recommended by some scrappy friends. The third one I bought on a retreat, b/c I had left the cutting strip to my Fiskars at home somehow. I think it fell out while I was packing it. I had to run to Wally World, b/c that was the ONLY option (I was in the N. GA mtns in the middle of nowhere!) luckily they had a cheap trimmer that would get me thru the weekend!!

I'm wanting to get a new one, as I'm not extremely happy with my Fiskars. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at the Cutterpede--I think that's its name??

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-11-10 08:37 AM
In response to jeneppers

I have two: the Cutterpede original and the Cutterpede mini. I love Cutterpede trimmers and Cutter bee scissors. I think the Cutterpede products are really nice.

On the regular and mini cutterpedes, the blades are interchangeable, which is nice. They take regular blades (very sharp), scoring blades, and decorative blades.

I use the mini for trimming photos and the large one for everything else. I didn't really need the small one, just wanted it, lol.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to IzzyB

Just 1! I have the old dark gray one from fiskars! Haven't even needed to replace the blade on it yet.

Cindy

"Old Gray"
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Cindyckj on 08-13-10 06:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to Cindyckj

i have one from fiskars.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Cindyckj

I have two. I use the guillotine for photos only and the regular trimmer for paper.

Cindy

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to cindy312

I have 3. The little one I don't use at all and will probably put it out for sale in a yard sale. Mostly I use my larger one with the rotary blade, but if I'm going to have a border on a lo, I don't want to waste the middle portion and I cut it out with my fiskars portable trimmer.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to cindy312

Oh dear, I've bought SO many trimmers. Have yet to find THE ONE. And a couple that sb.com doesn't sell. None of them have ever cut straight all the time. A couple of them I've broken, a couple more I gave away. *sigh*.

I currently use the Fiskars 12-inch desktop rotary paper trimmer, blade style f.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to HisGEM

I have 3. (sorry can't add superstore product links from work)
- small (5 x 7) Creative Memory guillotine trimmer for precise photo trimming. This is by far the sharpest, cleanest, most precise trimmer for those little sliver cuts. I even took it to a scissor sharpener and had the blades sharpened. He called it a disposable “toy” trimmer.
- Making Memory, self sharpening, sliding trimmer for photo & paper trimming.
- Fiskar trimmer (the one with square, plastic replacement blades) for cutting out the center of papers and scoring (has a scoring blade). This trimmer lets you position the blade. If you are going to cut a section out of the center of piece of paper, why not cut it in a perfect square or rectangle. (This a great way to save money on pattern paper.) This trimmer also enables you to cut old fashion photo mats from paper. (example cut a 1” all around mat with a smaller than 4 x 6 opening. Then you position the 4 x 6 photo underneath the mat showing the area you want to show in the mat opening.)

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I cannot believe I am admitting to this. I have five!
My absolute favorite is the Tonic, I could be a spokesperson, LOVE it

I have a couple of Fiskars, a cutterbee, and the MM little one , like a box. I am laughing at myself when I embarked on the quest for the perfect trimmer, its like the perfect adhesive only harder to catch!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to riverroadrn

I had 3 - the big MM rotary one- never used it, my son needed one at work, gave it to him.
The 1 I use most is Fiskars, the reg ole blue one.
Then I have the Creative Memories blue box one, but its only 6"- so i use that to trim pics or any small papers within that size, it is the one i like the best, but because its size is limited, i use the Fiskars one. I have had the CM one for years and have never had any problems with it.
I wonder if they make a 12" trimmer?? I may need to look into that!

Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
Just 1! I have the old dark gray one from fiskars! Haven't even needed to replace the blade on it yet.

Cindy

Me too! I have this one in 12x12 and the mini...love them.

Heather

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Seamaiden

I have 3, but only really use 2.

1 extra large, 1 medium & 1 small one, sorta as an on-the-go, backup blade trimmer!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
I have two. I use the guillotine for photos only and the regular trimmer for paper.

Cindy

This is kinda funny Cindy...because I do the complete opposite!

(I use the guillotine for paper only and the regular trimmer for photos only).

Bigger items, bigger blade. Smaller items, smaller blade is my logic.

Hmm, thinking that's kinda interesting! Is there perhaps an exact science that I don't know about when it comes to cutting & trimming correctly?

I wonder if one actually exist?!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
  • cindy312 Said:

Cindy

This is kinda funny Cindy...because I do the complete opposite!

(I use the guillotine for paper only and the regular trimmer for photos only).

Bigger items, bigger blade. Smaller items, smaller blade is my logic.

Hmm, thinking that's kinda interesting! Is there perhaps an exact science that I don't know about when it comes to cutting & trimming correctly?

I wonder if one actually exist?!

Fascinating! I use the guillotine for photos because I found that photos would dull my regular blades SO fast. I don't have to replace them nearly as often now that they're not cutting photo paper.

Cindy

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to cindy312

I have 5 I think:

Carl RT-200
making Memories
Cutterpede, fiskars orginal
the green and pink one can't remember it's name

Oh I can't remember what the last one is and not where I can look.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Sneezy1956

I have 3:

- the green and pink Provocraft one (I loved it until it stopped cutting exactly straight. I still use it on cards a lot though!)

- Making Memories - I use this one primarily, but I hate having to use the grid lines instead of just being able to put the paper flush against the sides

- Purple Cows decorative blades trimmer - my mom bought it for me last Christmas and I haven't used it still!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by married05 on 08-11-10 05:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cheball
Diva
cheball
In response to married05

I have the 12" Fiskars portable gray one. I have never replaced the blade and it seems to work well for me. CHERYL

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to cheball

I have 3.

Fiskers 12 inch trimmer (which I hate because it has never cut straight)

Creative Memories 12 inch rotary trimmer which I mostly use when I scrap away from home.

Fiskers 12 inch rotary trimmer - by far my most favorite of the 3.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics