I have three:
1. Making Memories trimmer - sits next to my scrap table and is used for cutting any larger pieces of paper
2. Creative Memories personal trimmer - great for trimming up small scraps or photos.
3. Fiskars trimmer - for crops. That's the only thing I use it for; my MM trimmer is just too heavy and bulky to carry with me.
I have 3...I only use 1!! One is the original I bought when I first started scrapping. The "arm" on it broke off so I just felt like I HAD to get a new one. I bought a Fiskars trimmer b/c it was recommended by some scrappy friends. The third one I bought on a retreat, b/c I had left the cutting strip to my Fiskars at home somehow. I think it fell out while I was packing it. I had to run to Wally World, b/c that was the ONLY option (I was in the N. GA mtns in the middle of nowhere!) luckily they had a cheap trimmer that would get me thru the weekend!!
I'm wanting to get a new one, as I'm not extremely happy with my Fiskars. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at the Cutterpede--I think that's its name??
I have 3. The little one I don't use at all and will probably put it out for sale in a yard sale. Mostly I use my larger one with the rotary blade, but if I'm going to have a border on a lo, I don't want to waste the middle portion and I cut it out with my fiskars portable trimmer.
Oh dear, I've bought SO many trimmers. Have yet to find THE ONE. And a couple that sb.com doesn't sell. None of them have ever cut straight all the time. A couple of them I've broken, a couple more I gave away. *sigh*.
I currently use the Fiskars 12-inch desktop rotary paper trimmer, blade style f.
I have 3. (sorry can't add superstore product links from work)
- small (5 x 7) Creative Memory guillotine trimmer for precise photo trimming. This is by far the sharpest, cleanest, most precise trimmer for those little sliver cuts. I even took it to a scissor sharpener and had the blades sharpened. He called it a disposable “toy” trimmer.
- Making Memory, self sharpening, sliding trimmer for photo & paper trimming.
- Fiskar trimmer (the one with square, plastic replacement blades) for cutting out the center of papers and scoring (has a scoring blade). This trimmer lets you position the blade. If you are going to cut a section out of the center of piece of paper, why not cut it in a perfect square or rectangle. (This a great way to save money on pattern paper.) This trimmer also enables you to cut old fashion photo mats from paper. (example cut a 1” all around mat with a smaller than 4 x 6 opening. Then you position the 4 x 6 photo underneath the mat showing the area you want to show in the mat opening.)
I cannot believe I am admitting to this. I have five!
My absolute favorite is the Tonic, I could be a spokesperson, LOVE it
I have a couple of Fiskars, a cutterbee, and the MM little one , like a box. I am laughing at myself when I embarked on the quest for the perfect trimmer, its like the perfect adhesive only harder to catch!
I had 3 - the big MM rotary one- never used it, my son needed one at work, gave it to him.
The 1 I use most is Fiskars, the reg ole blue one.
Then I have the Creative Memories blue box one, but its only 6"- so i use that to trim pics or any small papers within that size, it is the one i like the best, but because its size is limited, i use the Fiskars one. I have had the CM one for years and have never had any problems with it.
I wonder if they make a 12" trimmer?? I may need to look into that!