Username Post: should I use both sides of the page?        (Topic#1540603)
florcd 
New Kid On the Block

Hi! I`m from Argentina and I`ve just made a sort of scrapbook for a friend whose husband was transferred to another country and I really enjoyed it. This is not a hobby here so I don`t know much about it, but I`d like to do the same with my own photos.
The question is: Will it look nicer if i only use one side of the page or it`ll turn out just as pretty nice if I use both?
I can`t decide and I can`t start untill I do so...!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to florcd

I usually don't use the back, because I usually use different colored backgrounds on the pages. However, I'm currently working on a travel album and am using the same color cardstock for all the backgrounds, so I am using the backs on those. As long as you don't have really really heavy stuff on there or are poking holes through with brads or anything, it should work just fine using both sides. I've done it before and it's worked great. So it just kind of depends on what you want to do.

Resident
In response to scraprabbit

Using both sides of the page you also need to consider how thick your paper is. You want to make sure you can put what you want on eah page without worrying that the thickness, or thinness of paper will cause a problem. That said either way will work.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to eyescrapp

Good point - if you use both sides, make sure you use a nice thick piece of cardstock.

florcd 
New Kid On the Block
In response to scraprabbit

Thank you!! I think eyescrapp is right, the cardstock Ì bought isn`t thick enough...
I`ll start today while my son takes his nap. Wish me luck!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to florcd

It's an interesting idea that I never considered Most likely because I use a ton of thick embellies,,,,,and if I made a LO on one side of the paper, and then turned it over, it wouldn't lay "flat" enough for me to scrap the back side,,,,,

but if your embellies were flat, it certainly would be a way to cut down on costs!

New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

I only use the one side for the same reason as CommaHolly, thick embellies

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Sizzix Vagabond

It honestly never occured to me to use both sides of the paper. I think I'll continue to scrap just one side, though, because I like to rearrange my album.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to lisymarie

• Quote:
It honestly never occured to me to use both sides of the paper. I think I'll continue to scrap just one side, though, because I like to rearrange my album.

I agree with this too. Unless I was really sure that I was happy with my page order, I wouldn't think it would be a good idea. If you scrap both the front and back of a paper you can't rearrange those two pages anyway.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to KatieJo

i choose to not use both sides of the paper, mostly because i am working on several albums at the same time. for example, i am making the following albums:
kenzie's life albums
maddie's life albums
family albums
and an album for my sister in law for christmas.

so for me it would be very hard to use both sides of the paper. that and when i use brads, who's to say that where the brad is poked through the paper to secure my flower or tag, that i would be able to hide that on the other side. the same thing goes for the eyelets.

else49 
New Kid On the Block
In response to flutterbye0419

Thank you so much for this question. I am a beginner scrap-booker and was wondering the same thing. More so on a double page layout than the single page layouts. I guess you could use the back for more 'journalling'!

Thank you again for the question and answers.

Else

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to else49

else, you could do journaling on the back, but there is also hidden journaling where you could "hide" your journaling behind a tag or place it in a pocket you have made on the page. i did this lo:

my manna By Flutterbye0419

i don't know if you can tell but there is a small blue brad on the page, that brad is holding the same pp over the hidden journaling that i did on this page. i really do like journaling right on the page so that the lo's don't have to be taken out and could get messed up more often. just my pick.

else49 
New Kid On the Block

Thank you Dawn and I understand and yes I can see it what you mean by the journalling on the page. I was more thinking about the extra things I would want to record for that page for personal information more than for others to see.

I agree the main journalling should be done on the lo itself.

Else

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to else49

you are very welcome. in your case, yes, the back of the lo would be perfect for you.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I don't journal on every page,,,,so when I do not, I often write the date, names of people in the photos, event, etc on the back of the LO so future generations will know,,,,,

florcd 
New Kid On the Block
In response to CommaHolly

I have to tell you that my husband sneak a peek and told me to use both sides...he said it´ll be like a traditional album, etc.Anyway, he convinced me, so I started with a flatter scrapbook, it´s not so fabulous but I think it´s giving me a chance to practice without pressure...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics