Username Post: What ideas do you have for stencils?        (Topic#1540785)
astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

Ach, one of my many weaknesses with scrapbooking is a completely nonsensical love for stencils. And Prima just came out with a bunch more! Danger! I love the possibilities, all the colorants one can use with them. So, to justify my purchases of stencils, how's about you fine folks share some of your favorite tips/techniques/ideas about how to use stencils.

Edited by astrangevictory on 08-13-10 06:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to astrangevictory

You can use it as a guide to create your own sewing template, just poke holes along the edges pretty close together

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to Rosita

Draw through them, paint/ink over them to use them as a mask.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to astrangevictory

You can use them for placement of jewels. You can also use the lines or shapes or swirlies with Stickles. They are also for doodling. I love to use my gel pens on the doodling. I also use the signo white gel pen on dark colors. I have gelly roll set that is for light colors on dark cardstock.
You could also use glitter if you did not have stickles.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to anda11

Instead of placing jewels, you could use them for flower placement too.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to anda11

My best tip with stencils is that you can easily make your own! I made some with my Silhouette and transparencies. You can cut the designs out of transparency and use them over and over for misting, etc. They're a bit more flimsy than hard plastic stencils, but they work for a lot of techniques.

TimeScrapper
Idol
TimeScrapper
In response to Here Kitty

You can use stencils for dry embossing! Get yourself the little stylus tool for embossing, put your cardstock on top of the stencil, and press down and trace around the inside of the stencil with the stylus. Then you have the shape embossed into the paper. Ink it, or chalk it, or leave it subtle!...whatever you want!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics