Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Stickles..Which Colors???        (Topic#1540795)
Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden

Hi All...

So I want to place an order today and take advantage of the buy one get on free. But what colors do you find you use most? Thanks.

PS...I dont own any at the moment.

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Seamaiden

If I were you I would start my stickles collection with the basics unless you have a color that you use particularly often. I have linked to diamond (a beautiful clearish sparkle), black diamond (glittery black), silver (a very nice sparkly silver), and cinnamon (a lovely brown shimmer).

cnsarenee
Tenant
cnsarenee
In response to kariyava

I find myself using the Diamond alot more than the other colors.But I do use the Christmas Red and the Worn Lipstick also but not as much as Diamond.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to kariyava

Quick! Stop Me!!!!!!!

I can't stop myself from buying STICKLES!!!!!!!!!

if I buy 9, get 3 free even with shipping its cheaper than if I went to the store for them!

BUT I DON'T NEED THEM!

MUST STOP THE MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSS

too late I bought a dozen

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to cnsarenee

is that a rhetorical question?

I agree with the advice about basic colors, unless you have a particular fave color. somehow I ended up using eucalyptus quite a lot, even though I would never rank it as a fave color if you asked me.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Ohio4HMom

• Ohio4HMom Said:
Quick! Stop Me!!!!!!!

I can't stop myself from buying STICKLES!!!!!!!!!

if I buy 9, get 3 free even with shipping its cheaper than if I went to the store for them!

BUT I DON'T NEED THEM!

MUST STOP THE MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSS

too late I bought a dozen

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to Tina scraps

LOL Tina.... I caught myself as I was hitting complete order...

I really cannot get these right now even though its a GREAT deal...

its not something I need... *smacks hands, puts self on go to work mode*

apparently I need to stay of sb.com today LOL

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Ohio4HMom

i found that i needed to start a collection some time ago here are the colors i have and i use them all a lot!

Black Diamond
Gold
Starry Night
Green
Grape
Lime Green
Sequins
Silver

Right now I am on a no buy budget time because I am not working, so I need to get more colors, but these are the colors I find myself always going back to. I am out of Spiced Marmalade and I love that one!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to flutterbye0419

These are my go-to Stickles.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to Luvmyfam

Any of the clears like diamond, as it will pick up any color you put it on. It gives it bling.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to Ms Jackie

I just had to say, that I went to HL and J's a few weeks ago, and not one person working knew what Stickles were!!! M's only has a tiny collection.

Now how can that be?

I told them to google it, no doubt one of the places it will lead them to is here.

I'm coming on after work to place my order!

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Scatter

The one I use the most of is the Diamond stickles. I do have a couple others that I rarely use tho. I bought sets at Michaels for the seasons, so I have the Christmas set (red, green, gold), and the halloween set (orange, purple, black). The only other one I have is Frosted Lace, but that's only because it was in the bin with the Diamond and I picked it up by mistake. I have so much loose glitter, that I use that instead, but I really do like the look of stickles.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Scatter

• Scatter Said:
I just had to say, that I went to HL and J's a few weeks ago, and not one person working knew what Stickles were!!! M's only has a tiny collection.

Now how can that be?

I told them to google it, no doubt one of the places it will lead them to is here.

I'm coming on after work to place my order!

i did the same thing a while ago with j's and m's and neither of them knew what they were, but on j's website they were listed as available at my local store.... i ended up coming here and buying whatever colors i couldn't get in my lss.

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo
In response to flutterbye0419

I think a simple whitish color is a good starting place... like the Diamond (or Icicle which what I use a lot but is chunkier). I also think the metallics are nice choices because you can use them on alot. I looked here online and saw that they are offering them in the three pack which would be very convient. And as others have said, if there are certain colors you scrap with a lot, you might consider colors in those families to be very handy as well.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Seamaiden
Guru
Seamaiden
In response to KatieJo

Has anyone used the platinum?

lojay7
lojay7 
Veteran
lojay7
In response to Seamaiden

I use Diamond the most. I just placed an order through LTD Commodities I was able to get 12 for 14.00. I believe. Sorry If I wasn't suppose to mention where I bought them.

I can't wait to get them.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to lojay7

I'm a little out of touch, so someone please explain to me what the deal is with Stickles.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to lisymarie

It's the most awesome glitter glue EVER! Very easy to use (just make sure you let it dry overnight.) Once you start buying it's hard to stop! I have to keep a list of what colors I own so I don't buy too many duplicates!

Here are a few of my favorites. They change depending on the project, but I find myself using the ones like stardust and icicle most of all.

Ohio4HMom
Expert
Ohio4HMom
In response to lojay7

• lojay7 Said:
I use Diamond the most. I just placed an order through LTD Commodities I was able to get 12 for 14.00. I believe. Sorry If I wasn't suppose to mention where I bought them.

I can't wait to get them.

Thanks for the tip on that! I didn't know they carried stuff like that.

may have or may not have ordered all 12 also

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Ohio4HMom

But what do you do with it/them?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics