Username Post: Storing embossing folders?        (Topic#1540855)
momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

I recently bought a Texture Boutique and now have a dozen or so embossing folders. I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to store them. Any ideas that work great? TIA

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to momofcody

I have quite a few (not sure how many but more than 12 I know) and I store them in the spacemaker pencil boxes. They fit PERFECTLY and it keeps them nicely contained!

Hope others chime in with their storage- I always like to hear how other people store stuff.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to Seaexplore

I just have a little rectangular basket that I've had forever. It's just a little bigger than the folder size so it's perfect!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-15-10 07:01 PM
In response to CatScrapsHere

Office Depot Really Useful Boxes. The one that's sized for CD's is perfect for most embossing folders. Right now mine is about 2/3 CD cases (with clear stamps) and 1/3 embossing folders. I have a few other sizes from this same line so they all ultimately stack together really well. Very sturdy, too.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to stick

photo storage boxes so I can separate them into themes,,,,works well,,,,,I flip to Halloween (for example) and have them all there together to choose from,,,,

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to CommaHolly

I store mine in three ring binders in protective sleeves. So they don't fall out I close each protective sleeve with a small colorful paperclip.

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody
In response to dotfree

Wow! So many wonderful ideas! Now to decide! lol Thanks everyone.

New Kid On the Block
In response to momofcody

Hope the ideas keep on coming..... I always learn a lot on how to store things / organized from the forum.

I use the Jetmax drawers (4 drawers per unit) and store in one of the drawers. Of course, the 5x7's Embossing Folders do not fit... so I need to locate a new way to store those since it seems that they are producing more and more of them.

The Jetmax works well but since it's not full, I find the emb folders don't sit upright so I think I need to buy a few more to make the drawer full - lol - don't you love how we justify everything to ourselves... and it would be cheaper than find a whole new storage solution... lol!!!

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to Willster007

I have the texture boutique too and I have atleast 20 embossing folders of different sizes...I use this, I took the trays out and use them on my shelf, but I have the A2 size on the left and the smaller ones on the right. Plus I have room for a ton more...I also made my own tabs to seperate them and I used a scrap piece of paper to paste on the front so I know what it looks like! It was even better that I picked this up for $3 at a scrappy yard sale brand new

Princess Kitty
Veteran
Princess Kitty
In response to Cupcakes for Chloe

I'm so glad this question was posted!

I bought two more embossing folders last weekend and I'm starting to get quite the collection, I have been keeping them in a zip lock bag but have been looking for something bigger (& nicer) to store them in, I have been inspired by reading this!! I will have a good hunt around the house and see what I can find

PK

sueml
sueml 
Veteran
sueml
  • sueml on 08-19-10 04:53 PM
In response to Princess Kitty

The cuttlebug blue storage binder fits most A2 and smaller embossing folders and you can buy more pages with different configurations for it. I got mine after Christmas last year. I bought the Texture Boutique with some Christmas money.

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee
In response to sueml

I store mine in the assembly boxes KASSETT they sell at Ikea in different sizes they are awesome.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to JoJorenee

I have mine in the large Zip N Flip, but I also only have about 4 folders.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to Smashley

I have mine in a zippered tote I got from Jo-ann. They had a rolling tote that was black with pink flowers on it and they had a bunch of storage options that matched. I got a bunch of pieces in the set when they were on sale. This was a few years ago though. The tote is about the size of a kid's lunch box it's got a strap on it and zippers around the top. Inside it's got a small plastic zipper compartment on the top that I store the smaller embossing folders in and the bottom compartment is just the right size for the A2 folders.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to DesiLee

I have mine in a clear plastic tub that has a lid with a handle.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to debby_westbrook

Mine are like Deb's except I put the name on a piece of paper and used my atg to stick the name down and they are stored in alpha order.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics