Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Cutting circles        (Topic#1540881)
bcblondie
Idol
bcblondie

Seriously. How do you do it? I saw one of those big old circle cutters at walmart but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on them.
What do you do, find a mug and trace it with an exacto knife? My circles look like snowballs!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to bcblondie

I use the dinnerware method pot and pan lids, cups, tupperware, dinner and desert plates, whatever is the right size, trace onto the back side of my cs, and then I cut it out with scissors,,,,,

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to CommaHolly

Totally with Holly on this one. I have the Martha Stewart circle cutter for smaller cicles but for large ones I have a punch bowl and a tupperware lid that I like to use.

Edited by Penny Lane on 08-15-10 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Penny Lane

If I dont use my Cricut, I use Creative Memories cutting system. The best by far in my opinion. And I have used quite a few!

nrskrs
nrskrs 
Resident
nrskrs
In response to m.perk

I have the Martha Stewart circle cutter....it works great! Absolutely love it!

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to nrskrs

even with tracing, I can't cut a circle! so I also have the CM system...and if I need something larger, I use a tupperware top that has a groove.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to m.perk

• m.perk Said:
If I dont use my Cricut, I use Creative Memories cutting system. The best by far in my opinion. And I have used quite a few!

I ditto this!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Sunnydi

I love my Fiskars Ultra Shape Xpress. The trick is to place the template with the Fiskars name right-side up, and then hold the USX like you would a computer mouse.

scrapinmomof4
Veteran
scrapinmomof4
In response to Sunnydi

I use the cm cutting system for smaller project and ek success cutting system for larger circles. I already had the ek success cutting system before CM started making the larger circle shapes.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to scrapinmomof4

I use the CM cutting system, too. I have an Expression, but it honestly doesn't even occur to me to use it. I need to get it out and play with it.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to lisymarie

I use Cricut machines and Fiskars shapes.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to dotfree

I now only use CM circle cutters ... however I used to trace cups/mugs and to make it less obvious that it isn't perfect, just ink the edges or distress them with scissors.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to peenut_23

CM circle cutters or Cricut. However, I use cups, lids etc, in whatever size I need. I agree to distress or ink the edges if you've cut it a little crooked, or hide the worst of it under something. It'll be our little secret!!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 08-16-10 06:54 AM
In response to ScrappyMama6

I use the EK Success Curvy Cutter. Love it. Got it and the glass mat at HL with a 40% off coupon, so it wasn't much at all and has been TOTALLY worth every penny.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to Ami G

I love my CM circle cutters too...nice thing is you can cut exact mats or double mats too!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to purpledurple

my cricut is wonderful for this... lol

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to flutterbye0419

I'm intimidated by cutting circles, so I rarely do it. My scissor skills are not that good. And I am completely a doofus when it comes to circle cutting systems. None of them have worked for me.

I think I need to figure out which Cricut cartridge has the circle on it. George, maybe? Anyone?

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-16-10 09:11 AM
In response to meezerpleaser

George does have a circle on it as well as other basic shapes.

I use my CM cutting system (love it!) and my Expression.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to LeeLo

I have a Coluzzle for smaller size circles that I have had for years and it works so I stick with it. And I splurged one year during back to school shopping and bought a compass. Good old fashioned compass. Draw it out and then cut. Works for me!

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to kirasmommy

plantin schoolbook also has a circle

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics