Username Post: What to bring        (Topic#1541085)
MissaOnTheRun
Mayor
MissaOnTheRun

I am going to be in very rural Michigan for the month of September and I need to make sure that I have a great stash of scrappin' goodies with me. There are no stores nearby and i'm going to have a lot of free time.

What do I need to bring and how can I pack it small?

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to MissaOnTheRun

Stamps and plain paper or cardstock and markers?

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to johnsusan8

Wow, you must be coming to my neck of the woods. Selection of scrapbook supplies is few and far between!

My advice have planned ahead of time what you are going to scrap and bring the basics. You can add more bling when you get home.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to johnsusan8

If you have time, try to package the materials you'll need to create several layouts. And remember your adhesive, and lots of it! You'd be suprised at how quickly you run out! I would carry it all in a hard plastic tote, that way stuff doesn't get crushed, or bent.

paper
cutter
markers
punches you need
ink
stamps
adhesive
embellies
brads

Good luck, and have fun!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to ScrappyMama6

adhesvie, adhesive, adhesive, cardstock, photos and more adhesive. hehe, know what I mean? I always need more adhesive even when I think I have extra.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to rockmom

I would pack my goodies in 12x12 hard containers. I like my Art Bin ones, as they are slim. I have several.

I would bring lots of cardstock, some pp, and photos. I would also bring tons of adhesive. Running about would be awful! I would also bring eyelets (and a setter and a pick), brads and staples.....anything to help hold stuff together. I once had to bring stuff in limited quantities, and I stuffed random ribbons, buttons, flowers, etc., into a ziploc baggy.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to Luvmyfam

Leaving? Was it something I said??
What to Pack? When are you leaving?? Well first of all, do not pack it, if you have a week till you leave SHIP IT Just send it ahead!

Personally, I think these are basics:
  • White Paper (paper packs ship nicely!)
  • Paper packs I have a couple shown as examples
  • adhesive tape and 6 pack of refills for the tape I use the Tombow it is light and packs easily with a protective cover on the tape
  • Glue pens terrific little travelers!
  • one 18" Ruler
  • Colored pens, basic pack
  • Paper cutter
  • extra blades (important!)
  • Scissors! Love the BEE they are small, have a protective cover and travel well!
  • ribbon to match the color pack (approx 1 yard each)
  • embellis!! get the die cut out and all the things you've wanted to try but haven't...DO IT!
  • BRADS (A couple bags of these for flower centers, dots on i't and just because!)

But that's me!

Shipping is better! You know where you are going and they know who you are so when it gets there no worries. Of course what you have left you can definitely bring back in an extra bag. Either get a bag there or stuff an extra in the luggage.

Have fun! will miss ya, Missa!

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to AZscrapnquilt

OH ya!!! Worse case scenario, there is ALWAYS online shopping!

okay now I'm done.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics