Page 2 of 9 
Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to madmatter

Shayla, I got a little with a Swirlydoos kit and then a scrap friend sent me a HUGE amount.

She said they have it at Michaels.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to ShaylaCreations

oh now that's just not fair that they're not out till November! those piercers look cool! and so many designs, I could probably retire all my bazzill templates.

DesiLee
Idol
DesiLee
In response to madmatter

I don't know if mine are new, but they're new to me! lol.

I like perfect pearls, just started experimenting with them.
I love making flowers. It's something simple I can do while watching tv with dh and I love how, since they're hand made, I can make them match any lo. I get my tutorials on YouTube.
I'm also liking stitching. I've done it by hand but I haven't tried machine yet. I'm nervous about messing up either the paper or my machine lol.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to madmatter

Nothing new. I just recycle old trends.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

omg, stick pins are SO EASY to make!!!! you buy headpins, I like the 2.5 inch ones in the jewelry department of J's, about 2 bucks for a bunch,,,,then you buy beads, crystals, pearls, really anything you like,,,,,I buy bags of different toppers too,,,,,you put a tiny drop of glue on the top of the pin right below the head, thread the beads on in the order you want them on (the first one will stick to the glue) and then put another drop of glue right before you thread on the last one,,,,,

let dry, and VOILA,,,,stick pins!!!!

Here's a simple one,,,I'm getting better!

bride By CommaHolly

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CommaHolly

I like pins too!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

I've also strung beads on coil-less safety pins for a different kind of beaded pin,,,

the bottom left green card here has one of those,,,so pretty with pearls, etc,,,and if you have alcohol inks or markers, you can buy plain white anything and color them the color you want to,,,

Christmas cards By CommaHolly

Edited by CommaHolly on 08-21-10 05:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

one warning though, there's many kinds of "headpins",,,some of them have a hook at the top,,,I like the flat regular ones like on a regular old sewing pin. They do make fancy ones with beads already on the top (about 3 bucks for ten), but I'd rather put my own 'top" on them,,,,

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

OMG I probably even have headpins from my jewelry stuff! I am so not good about thinking how to reuse or recycle things I already have.

holly, the ones with the hook on it are probably "eyepins" rather than head pins.

when you say "toppers", is that what they're actually called or just what you use them for? where do you get those?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Tina scraps

Just a big bead that you want to use for the top. My pins are about 3" long or so.

Edited by Manda_K on 08-21-10 05:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Manda_K

either a big bead you use for a top, OR they have these little,,,,,,,,caps. I am going today and I will find out EXACTLY what they are called,,,,but they are cupped so they fit right over a pearl or bead of the same size,,,,,or sometimes I buy like filigree silver beads for the top,,,,you can do whatever you like for the top bead though,,,,,my only issue is sometimes the hole in the bead is too large, and it would slide right off the pin, head or none,,,,,so I can't use those as a topper,,,,I can use them for subsequent beads though cuz the topper holds them on,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I'm not a jewelry maker so I don't know what everything is called,,,,but I like the little flat things that you can put on to separate two pearls,,,,there's one in the stickpin on the wedding photo, between the two pearls,,,,

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I like this thread so much better than the "hate" thread!!

I love:
flowers, inking, stickles, liquid pearls, & bling

Unfortunately, I am surrounded by males, so I try to find interesting ways to use those on my layouts.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to lcmemories

They are called bead caps Holly.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to madmatter

I love stitching too..but the hand stitching with those Bazzill templates leaves me frustrated. I keep loosing my spot and the paper bends on me. Give me some tips am I doing something wrong??

And I'm really loving inking and chipboard pieces right now!

Holly I so want to make some stick pins...I've seen some and they are gorgeous!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:

uhhhhhhhh yeah, shoulda seen that one coming

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364

I can't wait to try these Holly - thanks so much for explaining them

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• CommaHolly Said:
  • Manda_K Said:

uhhhhhhhh yeah, shoulda seen that one coming

Yes, you shoulda. hehee!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Manda_K

Right now I'm into border / edge punches and layers (paper not chickens).

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to scrap4brains

I am loving my distressing inks!!!

Page 2 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics