Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Peg364

• Peg364 Said:
I can't wait to try these Holly - thanks so much for explaining them

YW They are so eassssssssyyyyyyyyyy and cheap too! I get strings of pearls (50-65) for a buck and a half, strings of crystals for 4 bucks, and packages of beads for a couple bucks!!!!

Manda, do you make these?? Any suggestions on how you do it? I'm still a beginner myself and can always use a good tip

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Oh, and all J's jewelry making stuff was 40% off yesterday,,,I THINK the sale goes through to today too, if you wanna pop over there tonight

just sayin

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

I love the idea of making your own stick pins! Why didn't I think of that?!

Great thread Holly!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tracy F

Holly, thanks for the inspiration. it totally never occurred to me to do any of that, and I have all the stuff needed to do it! duh tina!

and I'm especially loving border punches these days, too. I've built up my punch stash in the last few months.

Scrapkaty
Mayor
Scrapkaty
In response to Tina scraps

hmmmm....there are several trends I love in scrapping..
distressing
layering
inking
bling
border punches
...and now I think I'll start on the stick pins! Those sound and look so cool!..thanks, Holly!
I remember in the 80's they were a fashion trend..I wish I still had all of mine...oh, did I just age myself?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Tina scraps

took me weeks of thinking before it dawned on me too, Tina,,,,i started a thread here, and a bunch of people told me how to make them,,,,,,so, see? This site is pretty awesome

I love border punches too, but don't feel the need to have 50,,,,,15-20 would do I think I have 8 right now but one is on the way out,,,DO NOT punch TWO PIECES OF CS at once!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Scrapkaty

• Scrapkaty Said:
hmmmm....there are several trends I love in scrapping..
distressing
layering
inking
bling
border punches
...and now I think I'll start on the stick pins! Those sound and look so cool!..thanks, Holly!
I remember in the 80's they were a fashion trend..I wish I still had all of mine...oh, did I just age myself?

No more than I am already aged

melissadam
Angel
melissadam

I love glimmer mist and border punches! .......I also love all the embossing folders ......I have alot but dont use them hardly at all

cant get into sewing or stick pins .......

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to melissadam

Yeah, I have made a few Holly. Mandy is better than me at making them than I am.

Your technique sounds fine though, it is the same thing I do, I just seal the beads with a crimp bead so they don't fall off instead of gluing it.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Manda_K

Stickles, bling, using butterflies on EVERYTHING I can, embossing and I am really loving ribbon...oh I can't forget the cutting tools too oh and using Modge podge as a glossy accent!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to madmatter

I love all the big border punches and companies coming out with alpha sticker sheets that have more than on alpha or other stuff on them (Basic Grey, Bella Blvd). SO smart and makes our money go a little further.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• CommaHolly Said:
I love border punches too, but don't feel the need to have 50,,,,,15-20 would do I think I have 8 right now but one is on the way out,,,DO NOT punch TWO PIECES OF CS at once!

I'll second that, as I managed to actually break one. Also, DO NOT try and punch any type of thin cardboard.

I completely did it by accident as I was mechanically going through scraps and didn't realize that it just couldn't handle the weight of the particular material.

Woopsie!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to KellyCali

Making the stick pins sounds fascinating...what type of glue?

I'm (still) a punch nut. Love border punches...any kind: fiskars, eks, ms...bring em on.

I ink a lot also...

flagirlof4
Guru
flagirlof4

Jenni bowlin embellishments, my scrapbook store doesn't any of her stuff so I've buying it off Ebay.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to flagirlof4

I don't know if you'd call it a trend, but I love ribbon on a LO.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
Making the stick pins sounds fascinating...what type of glue?

I'm (still) a punch nut. Love border punches...any kind: fiskars, eks, ms...bring em on.

I ink a lot also...

I just use a clear drying liquid glue that's acid free. And I wipe off the excess on the bead before it dries,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Manda, what's a "crimp bead"???

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to purpledurple

• purpledurple Said:
I love stitching too..but the hand stitching with those Bazzill templates leaves me frustrated. I keep loosing my spot and the paper bends on me. Give me some tips am I doing something wrong??

And I'm really loving inking and chipboard pieces right now!

Holly I so want to make some stick pins...I've seen some and they are gorgeous!

I'm not sure how you're doing it, or how most people do it in general haha... but what I do is I put my paper flat on a self healing cutting mat on my desk and lay the template where I want it and then proceed to poke the holes with the paper piercer. If you don't have a self healing cutting mat I believe a mousepad will work.

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to Pickledplum981

Oooh and my new favorite trend that I just discovered is some lil bling called dew drops. I never heard of them before and my LSS had some and they come in the cutest little bottles and I want all the colors now

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Pickledplum981

• Pickledplum981 Said:
  • purpledurple Said:
I love stitching too..but the hand stitching with those Bazzill templates leaves me frustrated. I keep loosing my spot and the paper bends on me. Give me some tips am I doing something wrong??

And I'm really loving inking and chipboard pieces right now!

Holly I so want to make some stick pins...I've seen some and they are gorgeous!

I'm not sure how you're doing it, or how most people do it in general haha... but what I do is I put my paper flat on a self healing cutting mat on my desk and lay the template where I want it and then proceed to poke the holes with the paper piercer. If you don't have a self healing cutting mat I believe a mousepad will work.

I put my paper on a piece of foam core board or craft foam when I poke holes with a paper piercer.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics