Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
mdoug!
mdoug! 
New Kid On the Block
mdoug!
In response to madmatter

What about paper piecing? Instead of die cuts, I'm wanting to try some of thsoe cute shapes.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to mdoug!

I'm gonna have to try the stick pins sometime too. Dry embossing also interests me!

New Kid On the Block
In response to madmatter

My big questions is a comparison of the Cricut and the Cuttlebug.

Cuttlebug Embossing

Does anybody have a personal opinion.

I have been learning from the above site. It has helped!

kyky
kyky 
Veteran
kyky
  • kyky on 08-21-10 12:24 PM
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
I like pins too!

me too, I really ADORE them

sunshineann
Resident
sunshineann
In response to kyky

Love the stickpin...what a great idea. Thanks for passing it along.

kyky
kyky 
Veteran
kyky
  • kyky on 08-21-10 12:28 PM
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
For me it's Steampunk.

can you link some LO "with" steampunk? I'm really curious!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
Manda, what's a "crimp bead"???

It is a special little bead with a larger middle hole that you crimp at the end of the bead string to keep the beads suspended.

There are different sizes, the largest fits over the pins.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
Shayla, I got a little with a Swirlydoos kit and then a scrap friend sent me a HUGE amount.

She said they have it at Michaels.

What! I was just there! darn it I didn't see it but also wasn't looking. I was soaked by the rain so I was in a rush to get in and out lol!

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to Tina scraps

• Tina scraps Said:
oh now that's just not fair that they're not out till November! those piercers look cool! and so many designs, I could probably retire all my bazzill templates.

I know I want those so bad!! I got a sb.com gc for my bday and I am saving some $$ for those! I am so mad I have to wait till november!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-21-10 01:07 PM
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
let's see the LO's you used them on, Jude

Is that a dare? I'll think about it?

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Obi

I really love distressing and misting lately. I'm also getting more into border punches now that I can find them at TJ Maxx! I just started buying chipboard embellies, those are fun too.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
I really love distressing and misting lately. I'm also getting more into border punches now that I can find them at TJ Maxx! I just started buying chipboard embellies, those are fun too.

Wow! I didn't realize they had scrapbooking things! I will have to add that to my list of places to check when hitting my rounds!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
Manda, what's a "crimp bead"???

It is a special little bead with a larger middle hole that you crimp at the end of the bead string to keep the beads suspended.

There are different sizes, the largest fits over the pins.

hum, I'll have to see if I can find any,,,,sounds like it's stronger than glue,,,,

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to kyky

• kyky Said:
  • KellyCali Said:
For me it's Steampunk.

can you link some LO "with" steampunk? I'm really curious!

Visit the gallery and search steampunk, you should get some results. And make sure you search the superstore for steampunk or graphic 45 to get an idea of the collection.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to tinadn

• tdn823 Said:
  • Smashley Said:

Wow! I didn't realize they had scrapbooking things! I will have to add that to my list of places to check when hitting my rounds!

You really should check it out. I had to dig around in the last aisle in the back of the store, but I got 2 MS border punches for $5.99 each, 2 MS stamp sets for $1.99 each. They mostly had MS stuff, but they had a lot! Paper packs, stamp sets, embossing powder, albums - it was great! I can't wait to go back in a week and see if they have anything new.

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to Pickledplum981

• Pickledplum981 Said:
Oooh and my new favorite trend that I just discovered is some lil bling called dew drops. I never heard of them before and my LSS had some and they come in the cutest little bottles and I want all the colors now

i guess that some things that are new now in some areas of the country are old in others. i discovered dew drops about 2 years ago, and i love them. there were also some items sold in the floral crafting department that looked a little like them, but they were discontinued and some of us bought big bags and swapped around on here. you might could post on the swaps and see if anyone still has some they might want to swap.

for me the latest new thing is the Crafters Companion Templates...you can use them for tracing around and cutting out papers for different shapes, or doodle with them, or use them with glimmer mist. and glimmer mist is new to me, but i am frustrated because i made my own from tutorials, and they worked at first, then they stopped up and i can't get them to work! so i am going to try some canned air like you use to clean your keyboard, like someone here suggested...i hope it works!

i have sewed by hand on some layouts, but i've got a lo i want to sew on the machine...but my dd has my machine and i need to get it back!

here is a layout i made with dew drops. (also known as skittles)
You Have Your Mother's Eyes By Randasue

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to randasue

love love love MS punches, especially the all-around-the-page ones. I get them at M's with a 40 or 50% off coupon.You used to not be able to use them on MS items, but now you can. I'll have to check out my TJ Maxx though, to see if I can pick up a few on the cheap.

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy
In response to madmatter

For me it is still Kraft paper, I have been using it for years but now that it is "coming back" I still love it. Use it for most of my bases, now sometimes you don't see much of it when I am done but I like how neutral it is to start with. I am also loving the "ledger/ lined" paper look! I heart school supplies (yes I am a dork) so this is perfect for me and helps me keep my journal lines straight! LOL!

Question on the stick pins, how do you NOT stick yourself or others on the cards/layouts/minis?

I have also found awesome deals on Martha Stewart punches and more at Marshall's, check them out if you have them, I just got a corner chomper from We R Memory Keepers for SEVEN DOLLARS!!!!

lmhfin
lmhfin 
Pro
lmhfin
In response to Caitlynsmommy

great post! My fav is handmade flowers!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Caitlynsmommy

• Caitlynsmommy Said:
For me it is still Kraft paper, I have been using it for years but now that it is "coming back" I still love it. Use it for most of my bases, now sometimes you don't see much of it when I am done but I like how neutral it is to start with. I am also loving the "ledger/ lined" paper look! I heart school supplies (yes I am a dork) so this is perfect for me and helps me keep my journal lines straight! LOL!

Question on the stick pins, how do you NOT stick yourself or others on the cards/layouts/minis?

I have also found awesome deals on Martha Stewart punches and more at Marshall's, check them out if you have them, I just got a corner chomper from We R Memory Keepers for SEVEN DOLLARS!!!!

Have you seen the new pp from MME that's all printed on kraft paper?? delicate florals, light pinks and blues and greens printed ON kraft, which gives it an old, distressed look,,,,,very pretty!!!! It's 20 bucks at M's, they don't have it here yet, but you cna use a coupon! It's a LARGE stack too!

as to not sticking yourself, I use headpins which don't have a sharp pointy end,,,,if you use pointy ends, you can clip it off with a wire cutter (which I do often anyway so the bare end doesn't show) OR you can get these little "caps" for the ends,,,,,,,bunch in a package for a couple bucks!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics