Page 5 of 9 
Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to CommaHolly

I used to worry about sticking myself or others by using the pins. Once I started using them though I realized that only an idiot would stick themselves. You really have to go out of your way to rake your hand across the card/LO to stick yourself.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to runzalot81

Yeah, it doesn't make the lo dangerous.

ReginaOklaScrapper
Expert
ReginaOklaScrapper
In response to Manda_K

After reading this thread, I might give stitching a try come November. Maybe I can get my fiance to buy me all of those SewEasy Piercers for my birthday which just happens to be in November. That would really make me want to stitch and I've been to scared to try it by hand without some type of guide.

Edited by ReginaOklaScrapper on 08-22-10 07:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to ReginaOklaScrapper

I think they look great too!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

• runzalot81 Said:
I used to worry about sticking myself or others by using the pins. Once I started using them though I realized that only an idiot would stick themselves. You really have to go out of your way to rake your hand across the card/LO to stick yourself.

It's conceivable that it could happen, but usually the tip end is UNDER a pile of flowers or something, so that makes it much harder, I agree, in that case you'd have to rake your hand over it,,,,

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to madmatter

If you guys like diamond dust check out ultra fine clear german glass glitter on the Bay - for the new vintage look Christmas papers it will be great and also mica flakes..... They give an awesome vintage look.

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to DaisyButton

I don't know that it is a trend, but I love using my vintage button finds on layouts.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

i love stick pins. i have the stuff to make them, but have been busy and not able to play with my scrappy stuff lately. i also love the vintage and steampunk look..another thing i bought stuff for and haven't played with yet. hopefully i will get to try them out later this week.

other "new" loves for me are:
punches
dew drops
glimmer mist
masking
paint splattering
rose ribbon

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

You can get little clear glass pebbles at Ms or HL in the wedding section and dye them with alcohol ink, drop some in a bag and put a few drops in and roll it around. Custom colors that way.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to purpledurple

• purpledurple Said:
I love stitching too..but the hand stitching with those Bazzill templates leaves me frustrated. I keep loosing my spot and the paper bends on me. Give me some tips am I doing something wrong??And I'm really loving inking and chipboard pieces right now!

Holly I so want to make some stick pins...I've seen some and they are gorgeous!

I take a pencil and very lightly make a mark between the holes, like connect the dots, the floss usually covers it, if not, just a quick swipe with an eraser.

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to Manda_K

Oh, Alcohol ink... cool idea

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • purpledurple Said:
I love stitching too..but the hand stitching with those Bazzill templates leaves me frustrated. I keep loosing my spot and the paper bends on me. Give me some tips am I doing something wrong??And I'm really loving inking and chipboard pieces right now!

Holly I so want to make some stick pins...I've seen some and they are gorgeous!

I take a pencil and very lightly make a mark between the holes, like connect the dots, the floss usually covers it, if not, just a quick swipe with an eraser.

Connect the dots is a great idea! I was just using the black lines on the template as a guide, but this is better because you don't have to take your eyes off of your paper.

roxybonds
Veteran
roxybonds
In response to shae516

I love:
Stamping
Sewing/Stitching
Distressing

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to DaisyButton

I love this new "anything goes" mentality to scrapbooking. When I first joined sb.com, the tone was a lot more rigid. It weemed like every post had a acid free/lignin free reference. While I deeply respect those trying to do (nearly) archival work, but I love how people seem to be more open to different styles and materials-- more open to creativity or even more open to the lack of. I guess what I mean is, scrapbooking seems to be more accepting and less "rules".

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to lisymarie

RULES SHMULES!!

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 08-22-10 01:46 PM

• CommaHolly Said:
  • runzalot81 Said:

It's conceivable that it could happen, but usually the tip end is UNDER a pile of flowers or something, so that makes it much harder, I agree, in that case you'd have to rake your hand over it,,,,

I gave up on stick pins because people would goo ooh what a pretty pin pull it out of the lo and stick themselves. So I started using hat pins with cap's on the end. And people would go oh a hat pin pull it out of the lo tear the page.

Some people don't get decoration for the sake of decoration.

But these are the same type of people who must remove staples from any stapled document. You know the type; 'Oh a staple...'

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Obi

HAHAHA!!!!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Manda_K

I wanna try stick pins- I've got all the stuff since I make jewlery. Might need to get some longer head pins tho.

Holly- those beads you put between the other beads, are you ready for this one? They're called "spacer beads". Serious.

Um, I'm currently loving SCAL and my cricut. Trying to find reasons to use them.

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy

• CommaHolly Said:
  • Caitlynsmommy Said:
For me it is still Kraft paper, I have been using it for years but now that it is "coming back" I still love it. Use it for most of my bases, now sometimes you don't see much of it when I am done but I like how neutral it is to start with. I am also loving the "ledger/ lined" paper look! I heart school supplies (yes I am a dork) so this is perfect for me and helps me keep my journal lines straight! LOL!

Question on the stick pins, how do you NOT stick yourself or others on the cards/layouts/minis?

I have also found awesome deals on Martha Stewart punches and more at Marshall's, check them out if you have them, I just got a corner chomper from We R Memory Keepers for SEVEN DOLLARS!!!!

Have you seen the new pp from MME that's all printed on kraft paper?? delicate florals, light pinks and blues and greens printed ON kraft, which gives it an old, distressed look,,,,,very pretty!!!! It's 20 bucks at M's, they don't have it here yet, but you cna use a coupon! It's a LARGE stack too!

as to not sticking yourself, I use headpins which don't have a sharp pointy end,,,,if you use pointy ends, you can clip it off with a wire cutter (which I do often anyway so the bare end doesn't show) OR you can get these little "caps" for the ends,,,,,,,bunch in a package for a couple bucks!

Holly I have seen that paper and LOVE IT! I have it but have not used it yet, I was purging and organizing today as I just went on a two week NO BUY challenge with my DH, wish me luck. OF COURSE NOW I want to go get the things for the stick pins, but I will have to wait

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy

• runzalot81 Said:

That is good to know! THANKS!

Page 5 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics