Page 6 of 9 
Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to shae516

Okay, I'm only on page 2, but "Santa" would like to thank everyone who mentioned Sew Easy (and provided blog links) for all the favors I'm trying to establish to get them for Christmas!

Now, back to reading......

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
Okay, I'm only on page 2, but "Santa" would like to thank everyone who mentioned Sew Easy (and provided blog links) for all the favors I'm trying to establish to get them for Christmas!

Now, back to reading......

lol!! Sew easy is going to be on a lot of our wish list When I saw the CHA link I had to add them to my Blog, I just can't wait!!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to ShaylaCreations

What is the Sew Easy that everyone is talking about?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
I wanna try stick pins- I've got all the stuff since I make jewlery. Might need to get some longer head pins tho.

Holly- those beads you put between the other beads, are you ready for this one? They're called "spacer beads". Serious.

Um, I'm currently loving SCAL and my cricut. Trying to find reasons to use them.

ummmmmmmm yeah, another one I shoulda seen coming

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

I'm also starting to go cricut cart crazy lately for a year and a half I had like 4 of the carts,,,,,,,suddenly, I have like TEN! I think they came out with a few great ones lately

Someone suggested I might like a cart called FRENCH MANOR since I like the Heritage one,,,,,,

but you can't buy it in stores, it's a circle exclusive, and EBAY wants 140 BUCKS for it!!!! No thanks, LOL.

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy

Holly French Manor is going to be high for a LONG time! I dont have , not a member of the circle but I know LOTS who are selling to make up the money for joining. Silly I think but hey to each their own!

I also love the new trend/style of School things in scrapping (rulers, lined papers, apples, backpacks etc)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Caitlynsmommy

Well, it kinda makes sense to me,,,,if you sign up and spend several hundred dollars to be in the club and get the 4 or 5 carts per year that are included,,,and then you don't LIKE one or more of them, I guess it makes sense to sell them,,,,but there is NO FREAKING WAY I am paying that much! Summer in Paris has similar furniture, and it's a 25.00 cart,,,and serenade has birdhouses, another 25.00 cart,,,,there's not THAT many images on there that I love that are extraordinarily different than ones you can find on other carts,,,,,so no freaking way

Edited by CommaHolly on 08-23-10 03:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

The new "trend" that I have gotten into is so simple yet I loveee the way it looks.

Doodling around my journaling strips.

Thanks to Sarah..I snagged the idea from her =)

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I do not know if I am a trendy scrapper or just "catching up" with old trends. But I enjoy learning new (to me) techniques.

trends I like...
Dress forms: have not used one on a LO, yet...but they are so cute on bridal shower invitations (same with corsettes)
Border and Punch around the page
All the tools that MS puts out, esp the screw punch, punches, and score board.
BLING, but not just the plastic bling...I like using Swarovski crystals on thisgs. They are pretty costly for scrapping but I always seem to have some odd number left over from wedding stuff....LOVE crystals.
Fussy cuts, cutting elements out of PP and using pop dots to give depth. LOVE that and use it alot.

Tiffany

Smashley
Idol
Smashley

• CommaHolly Said:
I'm also starting to go cricut cart crazy lately for a year and a half I had like 4 of the carts,,,,,,,suddenly, I have like TEN! I think they came out with a few great ones lately

Someone suggested I might like a cart called FRENCH MANOR since I like the Heritage one,,,,,,

but you can't buy it in stores, it's a circle exclusive, and EBAY wants 140 BUCKS for it!!!! No thanks, LOL.

I wish carts weren't so expensive. I've had my Cricut for 2 years and I only have 4 carts. They have come out with some really cute ones lately, but I can't justify spending $60 or $80 on one. Well, let me re-phrase. I can justify it, DH just doesn't agree with my reasoning. LOL

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

• hotroding scrapbooker Said:

I have pictures up on this page of my blog
http://shaylacreations.blogspot.com/2010/07/cha-summer-...

they are piercers for hand sewing and they have a bunch of designs.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker

• ShaylaCreations Said:

I've never seen these before. Certainly a neat idea. I would probably sew on layouts more if I had these tools. Where do they sell them?

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

• ShaylaCreations Said:

I've never seen these before. Certainly a neat idea. I would probably sew on layouts more if I had these tools. Where do they sell them?

Well I found out they are not coming out till November or so.. Not sure where they will sell them, I am hoping They get them here.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

They look pretty sweet to me! I hope it will actually make it SEW EASY!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

I wish carts weren't so expensive. I've had my Cricut for 2 years and I only have 4 carts. They have come out with some really cute ones lately, but I can't justify spending $60 or $80 on one. Well, let me re-phrase. I can justify it, DH just doesn't agree with my reasoning. LOL

I've NEVER spent more than 33 bucks for a cart! They go on sale, I buy them on Evilbay, whatever, but I REFUSE to spend that much! I just got paper doll dress up for 22.00, Home Accents for 12 bucks and Heritage for 19.50, and Summer in Paris for 11 bucks!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

My Cricut is still new, so I'm still having fun using it and collecting cartridges for it.
I like using bling (but I'm not very good at it).
And I'm liking the different border punches and am working on ways to get more of the cuts in my LO's.
I'm kind of "meh" about most of the brand new trends -- I'm just a scrappy stick in the mud.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to meezerpleaser

Holly - PDDU and EDPD are carts with a lot of bang for the buck. I have used many of the accessories, they just come in so handy.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to scrap4brains

I'm adding cigar boxes to the list.

I love the ones that I have seen!

Now I just need to find some!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Feathers too!

A new trend that I hope & predict will explode by the Fall!

Diamond Events by Tiffany
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
I'm adding cigar boxes to the list.

I love the ones that I have seen!

Now I just need to find some!

We used to alter cigar boxes when we were kids... I have a pretty good collection of some very nice boxes that DH has been saving. I guess I will not complain about his cigar smoke...LOL. He actually smokes outside, and not often, so really no need to complain.

Tiffany

Page 6 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics