Page 7 of 9 
Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to KellyCali

I think that sew easy thing looks good. Has anyone every tried using a tracing wheel for the same purpose?

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to scrap4brains

I'm adding staples to my faves!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to tinadn

Whomever it was that was looking for Jenni Bowlin stuff - AC Moore has it. They've got the calendar cards, bingo cards, journaling spots, buttons, stick pins, alpha stickers, and the small 4x4 die cut papers. You can use a coupon to get them!

I love border punches and have acquired quite a few.

Also love stick pins, although I have never made any of my own.

One of my fave things to do is scrounge for buttons, lace and cool notions in antique stores.

I love charms and flower soft. And, of course, my copics.

Veteran
In response to siameseplease

For all you 'stick pinners' do you attach anything to the point once you have stuck the pin into your layout?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to SunnyAB

Yeah, mine have an earring back on the point.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
  • Smashley Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
I'm also starting to go cricut cart crazy lately for a year and a half I had like 4 of the carts,,,,,,,suddenly, I have like TEN! I think they came out with a few great ones lately

Someone suggested I might like a cart called FRENCH MANOR since I like the Heritage one,,,,,,

but you can't buy it in stores, it's a circle exclusive, and EBAY wants 140 BUCKS for it!!!! No thanks, LOL.

I wish carts weren't so expensive. I've had my Cricut for 2 years and I only have 4 carts. They have come out with some really cute ones lately, but I can't justify spending $60 or $80 on one. Well, let me re-phrase. I can justify it, DH just doesn't agree with my reasoning. LOL

I've NEVER spent more than 33 bucks for a cart! They go on sale, I buy them on Evilbay, whatever, but I REFUSE to spend that much! I just got paper doll dress up for 22.00, Home Accents for 12 bucks and Heritage for 19.50, and Summer in Paris for 11 bucks!

WHAT?!?! I'm going to have to check out Evilbay! And now I'm sad that I don't have more carts since I can apparently find them on the cheap.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • Smashley Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
I'm also starting to go cricut cart crazy lately for a year and a half I had like 4 of the carts,,,,,,,suddenly, I have like TEN! I think they came out with a few great ones lately

Someone suggested I might like a cart called FRENCH MANOR since I like the Heritage one,,,,,,

but you can't buy it in stores, it's a circle exclusive, and EBAY wants 140 BUCKS for it!!!! No thanks, LOL.

I wish carts weren't so expensive. I've had my Cricut for 2 years and I only have 4 carts. They have come out with some really cute ones lately, but I can't justify spending $60 or $80 on one. Well, let me re-phrase. I can justify it, DH just doesn't agree with my reasoning. LOL

I've NEVER spent more than 33 bucks for a cart! They go on sale, I buy them on Evilbay, whatever, but I REFUSE to spend that much! I just got paper doll dress up for 22.00, Home Accents for 12 bucks and Heritage for 19.50, and Summer in Paris for 11 bucks!

WHAT?!?! I'm going to have to check out Evilbay! And now I'm sad that I don't have more carts since I can apparently find them on the cheap.

Try Paper Crafting Pro too, cheap carts, good service, and a great wasy to stock up on all the must-haves! Free 2 day trial should be enough to get you started!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to ScrappyMama6

I will look there as well! I need some cool carts!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to ScrappyMama6

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tips, ladies!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Smashley

I love this forum! I've just started frequent-ing this site and love the gallery and perusing the threads. Thought I'd finally join in...

I love my cricut and gypsy! Evil-bay and paper crafting pro are great sources for cheap cartriges, I haven't spent more than $26 on a cartridge and FYI - so many offer free shipping so if the seller doesn't offer free shipping, find one that does because 95% of them do. I also love customcrops.com. They have a few on clearance right now - Opposites attract for $17!

I just ordered distress inks, I love the look so I'm going to give it a try. Along with distress paper, going to dive right in and see what happens.

I'm trying to get away from what some call "brady bunch" pages, I'm a very linear person so I'm trying my hardest to mix it up a bit and step outside by box. LOVE the gallery for that and reading all tips & techniques.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:
  • Smashley Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Extra tip I got from someone else: If you're going to go EB for a cart, your best bet for success may be early in the morning. There's less site traffic then. I'm not fast on the click so I found the tip helpful.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to MommaSaid

I'm so worn out on the whole Cricut thing...I'm all Cricut-ed out. I think of selling mine occasionally.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Penny Lane

ORLY? Hmmmm. I wouldn't! I am loving mine. I am gonna kill it with Grungeboard though! LOL!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Manda_K

I used my Cricut for the second time day. I took dd to a playdate and the mommy and I scrapped. I cut 2 titles and some flowers. I am in love. My friend cut 3 titles and a monogram for the front of her album. She said she's gonna buy one, too. Anyway....

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to lisymarie

I LOVE my Cricut!! I am really getting into border punches too. I have liked them for a long time but I am too cheap to shell out the $$. I just got 3 new ones at TJ Maxx of all places! I never knew they carried scrappy stuff! I got 2 MS ones and a EK Success, for $4 each! I am so excited!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to crazycricut

I don't put anything on the tips of my pins, the head pins I use don't have pointy tips, and I clip them off if they're too long,,,

Thanks for the tip on paper crafting pro!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

you have to PAY to belong to Paper Crafting Pro???

TEN BUCKS a month? So even before I buy ANYTHING I have to spend 120 bucks?? I'm not sure it's worth it, myself,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MommaSaid

[quote=MommaSaid][quote=S mashley][quote=CommaHolly ][quote=Smashley][quote=C ommaHolly]I'm also starting to go cricut cart crazy lately for a year and a half I had like 4 of the carts,,,,,,,suddenly, I have like TEN! I think they came out with a few great ones lately

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Extra tip I got from someone else: If you're going to go EB for a cart, your best bet for success may be early in the morning. There's less site traffic then. I'm not fast on the click so I found the tip helpful.
[/quote]

Or the middle of the night which is when I get most of my really good deals!

OTOH, I accidentally bid 31.00 instead of 13.00 for a cart in the middle of the night last night,,,,,,I won it,,,,,,,,,for 19.87, NOT the 13 bucks I was willing to spend but oh, well, it could have been worse,,,,I got the Winter Woodland cart,,,,I hope I like it for 20 bucks

New Kid On the Block
In response to madmatter

I love Copic Sketch markers and airbrush system. I wish I could use them better.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to tmurnan

Cricut needs to come out with a Borders cart.

Page 7 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics