Page 8 of 9 
Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to lisymarie

Cricut needs more carts that aren't cartoony.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to CommaHolly

A border cart would be so awesome! Think of not having to buy and store so many border punches!!!

fatwhippet
Pro
fatwhippet
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:

Or aren't so "birds, flowers and trees" - aka foo foo or fru fru, can never get that right. Is it foo foo or fru fru?

They have the capability to do come real cool designs. Oh well, the markets dictates.

Caitlynsmommy
Veteran
Caitlynsmommy
In response to KellyCali

Holly have you looked at or have Sentimentals Cricut Cart? If you like Heritage you may like that one too. Just a suggestion.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Caitlynsmommy

I'm going to have to figure out which carts I really want and get my booty on EB!! It would be awesome if I could get 3 carts for $60 as opposed to ONE cart for $60! They have come out with some really cute card cartridges that I'd like to get my hands and pps on.

I also LOVE my Cricut! I wish I had the bigger one, but my baby bug works for what I need. I just had to replace my blade for the first time and I've had it for 2 years! And I use it pretty regularly.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Smashley

I've gotten all my carts off there- I have 4 all for less than $90 total! And a friend gave me the 5th because she had an extra. I also bought SCAL so I don't need to buy any carts for a while. The ones I have are- Create a Critter, Mini Monsters, Robotz, Life's a Beach, and Summer Vacation. I don't do cute. Well, the critters are KINDA cute but I like them.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE SCAL! It's awesome! I used it to trace a pattern the other day and it worked FABULOUSLY!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to fatwhippet

• fatwhippet Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Or aren't so "birds, flowers and trees" - aka foo foo or fru fru, can never get that right. Is it foo foo or fru fru?

They have the capability to do come real cool designs. Oh well, the markets dictates.

Yes and Yes! I avoid a lot of cartridges because they are too cartoony or birds, flowers, trees or too old-fashioned. There is a need for heritage and some cartoons but instead of a whole Spongebob cartridge - I mean how many spongebob pages are you actually going to do - they should have just a Nickelodeon or Disney one with a lot of characters but maybe it has to with licensing? I keep thinking I want the two Paper doll cartridges but I don't think I have the patience for all of the layers.

A borders cartridge would be great, although with my Gypsy I could probably create some, I guess I need to sit down with that toy and really figure out how to use it to the fullest potential instead of just using the fonts.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to pugs223

I would LOVE a border cart!! I also really want a holiday one to help me with my cards this year.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Smashley

I got MTC and I LOVE it!!!

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to lisymarie

• lisymarie Said:
Cricut needs to come out with a Borders cart.

A borders cart is a fantastic idea! You should email them that idea.

I order carts off of various sites. Someone always has a sale. I've never paid more than $25 including shipping.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
I got MTC and I LOVE it!!!

Ok...due to my slowness...what's MTC? LOL

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Smashley

I wonder if I emailed them the borders cart idea and they used it if they send it to me free? LOL, doubt it.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to lisymarie

I usually draw in the very small details on the Paper Dolls carts.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • fatwhippet Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Yes and Yes! I avoid a lot of cartridges because they are too cartoony or birds, flowers, trees or too old-fashioned. There is a need for heritage and some cartoons but instead of a whole Spongebob cartridge - I mean how many spongebob pages are you actually going to do - they should have just a Nickelodeon or Disney one with a lot of characters but maybe it has to with licensing? I keep thinking I want the two Paper doll cartridges but I don't think I have the patience for all of the layers.

A borders cartridge would be great, although with my Gypsy I could probably create some, I guess I need to sit down with that toy and really figure out how to use it to the fullest potential instead of just using the fonts.

Overall, I agree that I can't imagine how much SpongeBob one could possibly need to create to justify it's own cart. BUT, my best guess is that they expected people to do more than just scrap pages with these images. Perhaps they were thinking birthday decorations or using vinyl and creating bedroom decor or puppets for the kids to create their own stories....

I really do get the same thought, looking at some carts. How much could one person create to justify this?! I think the bigger picture was that they wanted to provide overall crafty adaptability.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to scrap4brains

MTC = make the cut sorta like SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) you can download any image or font and import it and cut it! SWEET!!!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to MommaSaid

And since we're talking Cricut a bit, I think I need to find the Cricut threads because I got a little too excited to see that HL had a slew of Tim Hotlz stuff, including the grunge paper. Before I put that in my Cricut, I want to know if I need to invest in the deep-cutting blade first.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to MommaSaid

I got a deep cut blade and yes, it works. I am going to get a 60 degree blade though, I have heard that it works great!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • pugs223 Said:
  • fatwhippet Said:
  • CommaHolly Said:

Overall, I agree that I can't imagine how much SpongeBob one could possibly need to create to justify it's own cart. BUT, my best guess is that they expected people to do more than just scrap pages with these images. Perhaps they were thinking birthday decorations or using vinyl and creating bedroom decor or puppets for the kids to create their own stories....

I really do get the same thought, looking at some carts. How much could one person create to justify this?! I think the bigger picture was that they wanted to provide overall crafty adaptability.

Very good point, I guess I'm always looking at things from a scrap point of view since that's the only crafty thing I do. Even so, I would love to buy a Nickleodeon cartridge with a lot of characters or a Pixar one but just can't buy one with only Spongebob or only Cars characters, as much as I love both. But that's just me.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to pugs223

Pugs223, I'm TOTALLY with you on that one!

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to MommaSaid

I totally agree...I just can't see making birthday party decorations or favors when they are fairly cheap and just get thrown away anyway! And besides would you want several Sponge Bob parties. Just not worth it to buy those for me either.

Page 8 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics