Page 9 of 9 
Username Post: New trend you LOVE???        (Topic#1541237)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to purpledurple

I have to laugh with whomever said they had too many "heritage" type carts,,,,,I wish they had MORE!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on "Sentimentals",,,I'll have to check it out!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

I liked Sentimentals, but most of the images I like are very similar to images I've already GOT on other carts,,,,I swear they overlap and split things that should go together over several carts just to make you buy more carts! Very business savvy! geesh!

Pickledplum981
Veteran
Pickledplum981
In response to randasue

• randasue Said:

• Pickledplum981 Said:
Oooh and my new favorite trend that I just discovered is some lil bling called dew drops. I never heard of them before and my LSS had some and they come in the cutest little bottles and I want all the colors now

i guess that some things that are new now in some areas of the country are old in others. i discovered dew drops about 2 years ago, and i love them. there were also some items sold in the floral crafting department that looked a little like them, but they were discontinued and some of us bought big bags and swapped around on here. you might could post on the swaps and see if anyone still has some they might want to swap.

for me the latest new thing is the Crafters Companion Templates...you can use them for tracing around and cutting out papers for different shapes, or doodle with them, or use them with glimmer mist. and glimmer mist is new to me, but i am frustrated because i made my own from tutorials, and they worked at first, then they stopped up and i can't get them to work! so i am going to try some canned air like you use to clean your keyboard, like someone here suggested...i hope it works!

i have sewed by hand on some layouts, but i've got a lo i want to sew on the machine...but my dd has my machine and i need to get it back!

here is a layout i made with dew drops. (also known as skittles)
You Have Your Mother's Eyes By Randasue

I'm in jersey and we're behind in everything haha.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Pickledplum981

I haven't bought a lot of the newer Cricut carts because I agree about the repetition.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to scrap4brains

OH - we were talking about a border cart yesterday. Well, about wanting one anyway. I went to M's on my lunch break and some of the carts actually have a border feature on them. Of course I don't remember exactly which ones, but some of them do!

So DH asks me last night if he could get an XBOX. We already have a Wii and a PS3. So I told him if he gets me a Cricut Expression he can have his video game. I think he's considering it!!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Smashley

• Smashley Said:
OH - we were talking about a border cart yesterday. Well, about wanting one anyway. I went to M's on my lunch break and some of the carts actually have a border feature on them. Of course I don't remember exactly which ones, but some of them do!

So DH asks me last night if he could get an XBOX. We already have a Wii and a PS3. So I told him if he gets me a Cricut Expression he can have his video game. I think he's considering it!!

You are right some of them do have a border feature but I don't recall any being like the loops/lacy/fancy borders. I might be wrong though, thanks for pointing that out. I think an Expression for an XBOX is a great idea! And then everytime he buys a game, you get a cartridge - or two!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to pugs223

The borders on the Cricut carts won't cut like the punches. Most of them are only 5 or 6 inches, but you can double them up with DS. I sometimes use the scallop or grass characters that way.

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to scrap4brains

I used my mickey cart for my sons room It's been that way for a year now, I used some of my left over vinyl and cut out his name in mickey ears. I've also made him bday cards with it and cupcake toppers (the face on a pick) I have used the mickey carts for a swap (disney group), I am going to use it for our Disney vacation book, and even made some and let my kids play with them. I got it for 20$ and I totally think it was worth it. Of course my oldest wanted me to buy the disney cars cart but I couldn't justify it since we already spent the money on the decals, plus he has liked it for 4 years now so I am thinking he might want a change and I hate to buy a full cart with nothing but cars for 60$$!! I agree they should mix all the cartoons,by channel (disney, nick, pbs) I would buy that!!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • Smashley Said:

You are right some of them do have a border feature but I don't recall any being like the loops/lacy/fancy borders. I might be wrong though, thanks for pointing that out. I think an Expression for an XBOX is a great idea! And then everytime he buys a game, you get a cartridge - or two!

I also don't remember seeing any loopy or fancy borders. But I think people that have SCAL or something like that could download a fancy border...? I don't have it so I'm not sure how it works.

Oh - good idea on the game for a cart!!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Smashley

FYI, a deal-a-day site has one of the Paper Dolls carts today. another has a set of Copics. PM if you want to know which sites.

I finally used my Big Bite for the first time, so I think I'm going to be into eyelets again. Oh, and if you buy one, the English instructions are on the pale blue cardboard insert in white lettering. Nearly impossible to read. I went to the website and downloaded the pdf instructions.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to lisymarie

• lisymarie Said:
FYI, a deal-a-day site has one of the Paper Dolls carts today. another has a set of Copics. PM if you want to know which sites.

I finally used my Big Bite for the first time, so I think I'm going to be into eyelets again. Oh, and if you buy one, the English instructions are on the pale blue cardboard insert in white lettering. Nearly impossible to read. I went to the website and downloaded the pdf instructions.

I had to do the same thing when I got my Big Bite. I got a headache trying to read those directions!

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Smashley

Yea, I don't know what they were thinking making the directions like that. UGH.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to lisymarie

It killed me that you had to practically KILL yourself to get TO the English directions, but other languages came right out of the package geesh,,,,,if it was a foreign product, I'd understand, but really?????? eyeroll.

Page 9 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics