Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: i-rock - Can anyone share their experiences?        (Topic#1541245)
m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to 950nancy

I just got mine today and have used it on two projects...I LOVE IT!

Any recommendations on what I can use beside tweezers or the gem stick thingy?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to m.perk

Ohhhh, this looks like something I might want . . . adding to my wishlist

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to lcmemories

I can't wait for my next trip to M's

miniscraper
Idol
miniscraper
In response to stephie056

I saw it tonight at M,I didn't have a chance to stop and look.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to miniscraper

Finally got my I-rock from my mom yesterday. It was another 5 hours before I got to take a look at it. I'm eager to take it out of the package and give it a try, but the rhinestones are about half the size of what I expected.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

You can get larger sized hot fix gems at like Michael's, HL, the Darice ones, and there are other brands too, look where all the iron on stuff is.

Wiser1
Wiser1 
Idol
Wiser1
In response to Manda_K

OK - I just checked it out at Archivers today and played with it. Totally want one....now or a coupon need one to come out soon! The lip gloss looking tube that comes with the small gems is great for picking up the small gems. All it is is water that you use to help pick up the gem on that applicator.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Wiser1

After all the love about the I-rock. Parents beware! Keep the I-rock stones away from kids and use with caution when pregnant. The I-rock rhinestones contain lead (noticed a very small warning on back of package).

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

One more thing to burn myself with? I already injure myself constantly with my embossing gun and my hot glue gun. I think I'll just stick with the glossy accents and loose gems . . .

Wiser1
Wiser1 
Idol
Wiser1
In response to Tammy Sue

OK - - - Just bought one last night. Archivers had their 30% off coupon!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Wiser1

I've used mine on one project so far, I should've used bigger gems. Won't make that mistake again. I bought the placement stick thingy. It is like a short Qtip in a tiny vial that you add water. The good thing about it, is the water doesn't spill out if you knock the thing over, the bad thing is that it didn't really help much especially with the tiny gems. Maybe I wasn't using it correctly though.

Otherwise the I-Rock worked well. I'm wondering if I can use the tip from the I-Rock on my wood burner and eliminate the need for batteries. Any ideas on that one?

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics