Page 1 of 46 
Username Post: ~*~September 2010~*~Anything Goes Challenge!!! Sign up til 9/10/10!        (Topic#1541457)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

SEPTEMBER is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to SEPTEMBER's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until SEPTEMBER 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than SEPTEMBER 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after SEPTEMBER 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on SEPTEMBER 30th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all daily/weekly/monthly pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 12 midnight PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

5 – Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw one name.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 4 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details inculding any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for.

Note on embedding:
Hope this helps:
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

PLAYERS

paid=

iheartaslan 9/4 GOAL MET!!! 10888 pts 23 DCs
jadecook 22/10 GOAL MET!!! 15538 pts 27 DCs
BJscrapsalot 0/5
amancuso 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 5947 pts 16 DCs
PamStewart.Iowa [R-JADE]
MelissaW 21/20 GOAL MET!!! 12690 pts 30 DCs
NewSnow0518 0/6
kdsmommy
katiemylady 15/15 GOAL MET!!! 6157 pts 14 DCs
B2Hearts 20/10 GOAL MET!!! 8730 pts 8 DCs

MOTIVATIONAL
sugarcrystalz
senora_x
Lamoo12 0/12
Bubblegirl [R-SABRINA]
mrsspec [R-JADE] 0/10
tdn823
pebbles831
scrapinbabygirl
GentlewoodFarms
Claggy (?) [R-SABRINA]
paper_obsessed 0/20
jazzescrapper 0/12

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 10-05-10 04:48 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Totals! PM me yours!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for! (SO the 9/2 challenge needs to be completed by 11:59 pm on 9/2 to take the +10 bonus points.)

9/1: Set up your signature and daily challenges blog for +125 pts! (May take the +10 pts if you complete this challenge on 9/1/10 or 9/2/10.)

9/2: Use or do the following to ONE layout (may be ONE 2 page LO): use a picture of a child, hand-cut an EMBELLISHMENT (strips of paper do not count), distress something on your LO, use more than one title font, and use ALL of the following colors--BLACK, PURPLE, ORANGE, and GREEN (you may use other colors as well) for +300 pts!

9/3: Use this sketch to make a LO! +150 pts

9/4: Use a rainbow on your LO for +135 pts! (It doesn't have to be arched, but should include ROYGBV in order.)

9/5: Go to the sb.com SUPER Store and write a review for a product you own! 1st: 50 pts 2nd-5th review: 25 pts each (MAX: total of 150 pts)

9/6: Divide your work into 4 distinct quadrants. on a LO 150 pts, a card 75 pts

9/7: use 2 (or more) distinctly different fonts. on a LO 150 pts, on a card 75 pts.

9/8: use grey as the background color. on a LO 150 pts, card 75 pts

9/9:
Use random.org to decide which 3 colors to use. Use those 3 colors only. LO 150 pts, card 75 pts.
1-red
2-orange
3-yellow
4-light green
5-Your choice
6-dark green
7-light blue
8-dark blue
9-purple
10-Your choice
11-pink
12-brown
13-black
14-white
15-Your choice

9/10: LO about an addiction you have. It can be about anything (buying paper, soda, coffee, shopping, TV show, sb.com, checking daily deal sites, etc) 150 pts

9/11: As a day of remembrance you are awarded 300 points for loving someone. Do not take the extra 10 for "same day" points please.

9/12: use a question as your title. LO 150 pts, card 75 pts

9/13: today is international chocolate day (go figure!) so use brown on 75% of your LO for 150 pts

9/14: use a sketch from The Scrappiest blog http://thescrappiest.blogspot.com/. I love her blog. She has the best sketches and so many to choose from. Complete this challenge for 150 pts!

9/15: today is international felt hat day. So use felt on your LO for 150 pts.

9/16: change your avatar for 100 pts! Fun easy daily!

9/17: use a sun/clouds on your LO for 150 pts

9/18: hand stitch on a LO for 150 pts

9/19: I have nothing planned for today's daily. So I am sitting here listening to music and I thought you pick your fave artist and make one of their song titles as a title on your LO! My fave right now if def Drake. So I will choose one of his songs! For 150 pts

9/20:
A page recipe!
5 buttons
4 fasteners
3 patterned papers
2 photos
1 word title
Use this combination on any page for 150 points. (You can not have more or less of the items, but you may use additional supplies than those listed.)

9/21: One of my sons is focusing on the letter 'M' at school this week. The other is focusing on the color red. Today, let's follow their lead and use a supply starting with the letter 'M' and use the color red on 25% of our page. 150 points. 85 points for a card.

9/22: Today is the autumnal equinox, so fall is officially here! Write a blog (100 words or more) about your favorite fall activities for 150 points!

9/23: Use this sketch to make a page for 300 points. Or, make a card for 150 points.

9/24: Thank goodness it's Friday! This week has been a struggle for me, so take 100 free points for making it to today. Do not take the 10 points for being completed today.

9/25: Today is National Museum Day. Make a heritage-style page that gives everyone a glimpse into your family history for 150 points.

9/26: Go to random.org and use 1 as your minimum and 5 as your maximum, then generate a number 5 times. Use those numbers for the following categories:

1st number) Color (use on 25% of your page):
1. pink
2. blue
3. red
4. white
5. green

2nd number) Embellishments (use at least 3 of one of the following):
1. buttons
2. brads
3. lace
4. flowers
5. die cuts

3rd number) Number of photos

4th number) Journaling
1. in a block
2. around page edges
3. in a spiral
4. in strips
5. hidden

5th number) Title
1. 2+ fonts
2. 2+ words
3. 2+ colors
4. masked
5. no title

Post this page today, get 150 points. Post it any other day, get 125 points.

9/27: Today is National Family Day. Make a LO about your family for 100 points. Include a family pic and take an extra 50 points!

9/28: I love buttons! Use at least 9 buttons with at least 3 different colors in your LO for 150 points, or in a card for 75 points!

9/29: The holidays will be here before you know it and I can't wait! Tell us what your favorite holiday is and why for 100 points!

9/30: Upload a LO of any kind today for 250 points or a card for 150.

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 09-30-10 10:12 AM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by midnight PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

NEW RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

9/27/10~9/30/10

Weekly: I absolutely adore the furry members of my family. This week do a LO about an animal of some kind for 150 pts! It doesn't need to be a family pet, but it certainly can be! Take an extra 50 pts for doing any of the following:having an animal in a pic, using an animal themed embelly, or using an animal print. Thats a total of 300 points!

I thought I'd go fall themed with the photos.
Photos: 50 pts each

Football
Family
Orange
Festival
Autumn

9/20/10~9/26/10

9/20 weekly photos:

pencils... 30 points
crayons... 30 points
markers... 30 points
paper... 30 points
backpack... 65 points
lunch... 65 points

9/20 weekly challenge:
Alphabets are your friend! Get at least 50 points per unique font that you use on your page this week, up to 6 fonts (you can NOT count different colors of the same font more than once). Get an additional 100 bonus points for using them elsewhere than the title of your page (i.e. the journaling, as embellishment, etc.).

9/13/10~9/19/10
Weekly challenge:
Do a LO about where you live. Either the town you live in or the house you live in. What do you like or dislike about the house/town? How long have you lived in your house/town? Things like that should be in your LO. You could also add memorabilia about your town like a newspaper clipping about something your town is known for, but this is not required. I am just trying to give you ladies some ideas. This LO is all about the journaling so you get 250 pts for this. If your jounaling is more than 50 words you get a total of 300 pts and if you journaling more than 100 words than you get 350 pts total.

weekly photos:
cheap
easy
hard
fast
slow
for 50 pts each for a grand total of 250 if you do all of them

9/6/10~9/12/10

WEEKLY:

Do a LO about an inanimate object with at least 2 pics. 200 pts. Each additional pic up to 3 (for 5 total on the LO) take an extra 50 pts for ea pic (150 pts max). Total pts possible is 350.

PHOTOS: 50 pts ea
start
stop
up
down
middle

9/1/10~9/5/10

WEEKLY PHOTOS (OPEN to your interpretation!)
a butterfly +60 pts
what faith means to you +60 pts
religion +50 pts
holy +40 pts
ethics +40 pts

WEEKLY CHALLENGE

Use or do 10 of the following on a LO:

1. a picture of you that is less than 3 months old
2. a banner
3. make something 3D (i.e. pop-dots)
4. make a handmade flower
5. a language other than English in the title or journaling or a quote
6. the theme: when I grow up...
7. a non-traditional scrapbooking item
8. one photo that is larger than 4"x6"
9. ruler ribbon (like TH Ruler Ribbon or make your own)
10. fibers
11. one photo that is 2.5"x2.5" OR smaller
12. a monochromatic LO (with ONLY ONE color and neutrals)
13. negative space (must have at least 33% negative space)
14. visible journaling on your layout
15. a recycled item (you must identify what you recycled when you post your LO)

use or do 10 of the above things to your LO and earn +275 pts!
DO ALL 15 and earn +400 pts!!!

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 09-28-10 04:57 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~
BROUGHT TO YOU BY KAREN (scrapriguez)

Its back to school time and life is full of color........ so lets use our tools from school and all the brilliant colors in life to create a page.

Box of Crayons (24)

Create a page using all 24 colors from the box of crayons. Don't fret my friends!! Everything you add to the SINGLE page will count towards your colors EXCEPT your picture(s). Bling, eyelets, brads, buttons, paper, mist, chipboard, inks, etc.
You must list each color you use with the item it is for. 1200pts

Here is a link to help you out for the color selections. Crayon colors

Bonus:
Use interactive journaling, pics, etc. 100pts
Add up to 4 extra colors for 50pts each. 200pts total

Total monthly points 1500

Edited by iheartaslan on 09-02-10 12:50 AM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in by the 5th of September take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of September take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of September (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, eyelet, button, staple, brad, paper clip, grommet, jewel, pearl, metal, clip
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER stamped image or word (NOT individual letters)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER rub on shape or word (border, frame, flower, “love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER chipboard (or chipboard-like—i.e. technique tiles, grungeboard, etc) SHAPE
- PER type of bling
- PER color of ink, stickles, or glimmer mist used
- PER ghost shape, ghost letter, transparency, or vellum used
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER unusual texture used on a LO (what I mean--different textures include: paper with glitter or flocking or foil, embossing, glossy accents/crackle accents/stickles, burlap, cardboard, fibers, crumpled paper, velvet, etc. ASK if you are unsure!)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using glossy accents/crackle accents/other epoxy accents
- for using paint or chalk
- for using a punch OR die-cuts
- for doodling
- for non-scrapbook items used on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, or vinyl
- for using metal items (excluding brads and eyelets)
- for having journaling strips or a journaling block
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
- for using the following themes: school; hobbies; faith/religion/beliefs/va lues (or lack there of)
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER layout about yourself
- PER altered item created
- PER mask used
- for using scraps
- for using 5 or more flat or 3D stickers that are not chipboard
- for using wet OR dry embossing
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com OR using a pagemap/sketch (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

20 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch
- PER layout with no pictures

50 POINTS (yes, you read that correctly!):
- for creating your own SKETCH, posting it in your gallery and linking it to this thread

PICTURE & JOURNALING POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than two months old
- PER black & white OR sepia toned OR colored picture

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller

JOURNALING POINTS
-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points up to 4 times per day

10 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 5)

Edited by iheartaslan on 09-01-10 05:51 PM. Reason for edit: Added Points List!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 400 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You MUST post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
SEPTEMBER 2010
1-5 iheartaslan
6-12 Lamoo12
13-19 jadecook
20-26 MelissaW
27-30 amancuso

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Here is the link for the September Anything Goes Challenge!!! Come sign up!!! AND there will be 2 additional RAKs that will be awarded to the person who gets the most people to sign up (the person must post that you sent them when they sign up for you to get credit for the referral ) and one to a new player who was referred by a regular player to the challenge! So let everyone who doesn't play know that there is going to be a random drawing of all the NEW players who sign up by September 10th, 2010 and continue to be active on this thread for a NICE medium sized RAK from my stash! NOTHING IS required except signing up and being active on the thread--they can be playing motivational or for points. SO in addition to the 5 Gift Certificate Categories there are 2 NEW RAK Categories! GO FORTH AND GET NEW PLAYERS!!!

Edited by iheartaslan on 08-24-10 11:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Megan Ann

I see you and I are the only ones up this late (or early ?) I am in! I will start off modest and say 10 for me this month. I think I might be busier in Sept. Nice cool weather, signed me and Westin up for tumbling class so we might a little busier.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to jadebrit

nice to see you over here Jade! Did the info on masking I posted on August's thread help you at all?

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Megan Ann

yes it did, very much. thanks

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

so new players as in never played before or didn't play last month?

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jadebrit

okay I am going to bed. My internet is slow. Nite Megan

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to jadebrit

night, By new players, I mean players who did not play last month. sweet dreams!

BJscrapsalot
Governor
BJscrapsalot
In response to Megan Ann

I'm back for another month, better say just 5 again for September... gonna be a busy month.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to BJscrapsalot

hi. i'm in again, motivational works really well for me. 12 LOs please.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to Lamoo12

I would like to get back into the swing of things and do this challenge. It has been a year since I have done much of anything on here and I want to scrap again. Sign me up and I will get my money off to you today sometime.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to jazzescrapper

Hi Sue. I just saw you in Goofy Goal challenge lol Nice to see you here too!

shae516
Guru
shae516
In response to jadebrit

Ok, I'm in...and Jade sent me.
My goal will be 10 LOs.

jazzescrapper
Governor
jazzescrapper
In response to shae516

I will start with a goal of 12 LO's I think with the kids going back into school that is doable for me(the slowest scrapbooker EVER)lol

Page 1 of 46 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics