Username Post: The Big Shot and chipboard?        (Topic#1541469)
DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl

Does the Big Shot cut thick chipboard too? I bought some nice thich chipboard sheets from Walmart-figured I couls use it with my Cricut. Even with the deep housing blade it doesn't cut it good so I gave up. Then I pulled out my old, dusty, original red Sizzix. It cut it like butter! I picked up some dies that were on clearance at M's...not realizing they were the "big" dies. I can use them to cut paper in my Cuttlebug but not chipboard. So before I go out and invest in yet another toy...I wanted to know if it would cut the thick chipboard. Thanks!

latina43
Expert
latina43
In response to DittoBabyGirl

i don't know..i dont have a big shot sorry couldnt be more helpful!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to latina43

I haven't tried thick chipboard, but it does cut some of the thin to medium chipboard.

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to lcmemories

I have cut fabric, fun foam, and thick chipboard with my Big Shot. Just be sure and use the thicker dies...not the sizzlits size. They need to be the steel dies.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Nancy Keslin

Thanks-I did wind up calling Sizzix. They advised it would cut my thick chipboard.

Guess this will go on my Xmas list =)

Thank you!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to DittoBabyGirl

yep as long as you use the bigger dies not the sizzlets it will cut through like butter. I cut regular heavy carton carboard for a bulletin board at work with no problem at all.

irisheyes3
Resident
irisheyes3
In response to Sneezy1956

I have used chipboard with my Big Shot with no problem.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics