Page 1139 of 1139 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to southern lady

Ashley, I've heard of companies where you need a referral to apply. I guess that is where temping will come in handy. You will have the opportunity to meet people who can refer you. You do not need a referral to apply for my company, but having one increases your chances considerably.

I hope to avoid the ice bucket challenge. My BIL did one while his wife recorded it. He did not mention the purpose and didn't challenge anyone. He did it for his business saying, "*his company* accepts the ice bucket challenge" and his DD dumped the water on him. He may not know that ALS was involved at all! The best part was at the end my SIL said, "Oh no! I forgot to press the record button." Of course, she did, but his reaction was priceless.

We have wood shingles. It's an HOA requirement. Stupid. They are wood. They will burn. Ours was fire treated, but that was ages ago.

Stetz, 100 people is a lot! We had 50 at ours, and that was a handful.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Today my mom and one of our other Scout leaders went to "interview" a new Brownie Leader. We've been having trouble finding someone willing to take over our Second Grade Brownie troop but we found our leader today. Then I came home and did my job hunting and Ice Bucket Challenge. Of course I messed up the first time (my mom didn't notice until AFTER I'd dumped the water on myself) so I had to do it again!

Stephanie- We filled my bucket with lukewarm water because I have a sinus infection and just got my antibiotics today. I didn't want to chance getting sick.

Andrea- Maybe it's a city thing but I've never, ever seen wooden shingles.

Becky- My mom is making donations in my name and my dad's name (since my dad decided he wants to do it) tomorrow. One of my sister's friends, her mom is donating to "an alternate charity."

Danielle- I'm sorry you're having trouble losing weight. From watching my dad, it seems like a very difficult thing to do.

Jen- My mom's lawyer knows someone who works in a big deal hospital here and she's agreed to act as my referral to see if that helps me get a foot in the door. One of our Girl Scout moms got nominated...her son decided to dump the water on his sister to fulfill the challenge.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Final two day countdown begins! It is going to be a very busy 2 days!!!

Danielle, I quit drinking soda last November and haven't missed it a bit! I also quit making and drinking sweet tea at home in April and haven't missed it either. Sugar is a huge culprit in weight gain. If you really want to lose weight, then giving up those things is worth it!

Andrea, I think you are right...how houses are built is probably very dependent on where you live.

Jen, yeah...I would think they would be a huge fire hazard having wood shingles...makes no sense to me! 100 people will definitely fill up our reception hall, so I'm good with that number. I just hope I don't get shell shocked and have 150 turn up! We are not preparing for that many.

Ashley, I don't agree to donating to an alternate charity...if a certain one started the whole thing, it should be donated to that one. It annoys me so much when people are like that. How did you mess up the challenge the first time?

I'm not doing it...I wouldn't have a clue if I got nominated as I'm not spending any time on FB right now.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

I think we had about 225 at our wedding reception. I come from a pretty big family.

So wood shingles are common by you Jen? I don't think I know of anyone who has them here.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Becky Scraps

hello and good morning

well I had a easy time when I work at the gym because I would work out after work and I had a pool so swimming help little. I don't think I can cut out sugar. well it rain last night my poor dog not like it hear the thunder and there was some lighting. look like it might rain today hopeful not until I come back walk the dogs.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

Stetz yeah two days. They will be a crazy whirl wind i am sure. I think I invited 150 and had about 100 people.

Today is dd's school registration.

My parents might get to come next week. They wanted to but I was working. Now that my days changed they might get to come out. My dad's 60th birthday is on the 26th. I will be able to take him out if they come.

I will not be doing the ice bucket challenge either. I dont do any of those things on fb.

Jen thats funny about your bil though.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

I hope your parents get to come visit!! That would be nice to be able to spend his birthday with him.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

Thanks becky.

How are things coming along with the remodel?

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

Getting really close to moving back in. Most of the electrical is hooked up. The well was hooked back up last night so now Mike just has to get the plumbing all hooked up to it. We still need to get the gas lines hooked up for the water heater though. We are getting a new heating/cooling system installed soon. We have the bids but have to set up a date for them to install it. But we can move back in without heat for now. But in WI we really need to have it soon as you never know when it will get cold.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

I bet it is exciting to see it all coming together.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

It is. I'm getting excited to get back in and start working on the inside! I've been in to do some cleaning already. I'm thinking of going through the kids play room and getting rid of a ton of stuff. They really don't need all those toys and rarely ever play with them.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

I bet it is exciting to see it all coming together.

well I made a early b-day card for my mom. it would be cool if my mom came out here for her b-day. I know my sister want to come out here and see are place.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

b-day By Southern Lady

Page 1139 of 1139 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics