Page 1183 of 1183 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Becky Scraps

how fun for the boys that they got a deer.

Oh becky what a tuff situation with the dog. That is a hard decision to make. I would have hard time keeping a dog that bites when startled with small kids. Hugs its hard when our pets get old and sick. Have you taken him to the vet?

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to andrea m

I am sorry to hear that becky. yea it hard put a dog down. my husband had a hard time put his dog down. hope your daughter fine.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to southern lady

I haven't taken him in yet. He has his well visit a couple months ago and they didn't really find anything wrong with him. He's just old. I've been thinking of taking him and seeing what the vet has to say. He peed in a house a few time a couple weeks ago so I thought maybe something might be wrong but it was just the one day and then he was fine. I just don't let him drink as much as he wants. He'll just drink and drink and then it's like he doesn't even know he's having an accident.

Thanks Danielle. My daughter is fine. She just has a little mark on her eye brow. She of course is begging us not to give him away and wanting us to let him out of the kennel. She is a huge animal lover so she just wants to snuggle him all the time and he's not into that at all. I don't think he would ever be aggressive and go after one of the kids without them coming at him. But they are just kids and they don't always understand that he's getting old and not wanting the attention.

Part of me thinks we should just get them a puppy before out two old dogs are gone but that isn't really fair to our dogs either as I'm sure a puppy would drive them crazy.

I'm just hoping not to have to make a decision before Christmas.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Andrea...we don't really have that problem here. We have Mennonites, which are friendly, but they don't socialize much outside of their community/church.

Becky, so sorry about your dog. That's a really hard decision! I'm glad it wasn't too bad of a bite, but I bet it's really hard for the kids needing to keep their distance. That is awesome about Mike getting a deer...so glad Trevor got to be there!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to StarsNSparkles

christmas house By Southern Lady

this is one of my Christmas house I made

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Stetz, I could totally see Greg spending lots on you this year. You are still newlyweds! How will you fit Thanksgiving dinner in with the move? What a pain about the stairs.

Becky, I'm so sorry about the dog. I would definitely take him to the vet. Their condition and comfort levels change quickly when they get old. BooKitty was getting bitey toward the end. That was sad. She was just acting out from pain. It might help to teach Rachel about elder-pet care, which puts the focus on their comfort rather than our need to pet and play with them. Congrats on the deer! Poor Rachel. I can understand her position.

Danielle, where did you find your Christmas house?

Work is busy, home life is busy, too much to do and not enough hours. I am no doubt preaching to the choir, LOL!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Was going to job hunt today but got sidetracked big time. I got a call from the doctor who took care of my foot. It seems my insurance company wasn't going to pay him unless he could explain my situation to him...so I tell him the whole story and ask him to call me back if he needs more info. Fast Forward a few hours and he calls me back and says they're still refusing. I called the insurance company and asked about the situation...It seemed I have to write a letter to them explain the who/what/where/when/how of my injury, sign it, and send it to them.

Stephanie- Sorry about the stairs being an issue in the new house. I may go see "Mockingjay" again...my mom COMPLETELY missed the ending taking a girl to the bathroom and we both missed the post-credits scene.

Becky- I'd probably be freaked out by the deer too. I remember watching my grandmother kill eels around Christmas when I was a kid and that wigged me out big time. I'm sorry about the dog situation. I wouldn't know what to do in that situation either other than maybe freak out about having to make a decision.

Jen- Sorry to hear you're so busy! I think, after tomorrow, things are going to get crazy busy here with the Thanksgiving stuff to get done.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Danielle..your Christmas house is darling!

Jen...slow down girl! LOL Thankfully, we only have to go to one dinner for Thanksgiving and that is in the evening. That morning we will work on loading what we can in the trailers. Friday morning, we will load the rest and move it over. We plan on spending our first night in the house Friday night. Good advice on teaching about elder pet care.

Ashley, how annoying having to do all that for insurance to pay...I've never heard of insurance companies being like that...but with all the new laws...it doesn't surprise me. Why did your grandma kill eels?

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Stetz, I could totally see Greg spending lots on you this year. You are still newlyweds! How will you fit Thanksgiving dinner in with the move? What a pain about the stairs.

Becky, I'm so sorry about the dog. I would definitely take him to the vet. Their condition and comfort levels change quickly when they get old. BooKitty was getting bitey toward the end. That was sad. She was just acting out from pain. It might help to teach Rachel about elder-pet care, which puts the focus on their comfort rather than our need to pet and play with them. Congrats on the deer! Poor Rachel. I can understand her position.

Danielle, where did you find your Christmas house?

Work is busy, home life is busy, too much to do and not enough hours. I am no doubt preaching to the choir, LOL!

i bought these at my scrapbook store. I bought 2 of them. I think when my husband can cut these house out in wood. but we have to Waite until we get a house and he has his own room that way he can do his wood working

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well today going to finish work on my other Christmas house. then I need to start packing up get the dogs food and there beds and the pumpkin bread and the other stuff I am taken with me,

Ashley, how annoying having to do all that for insurance to pay

Stephanie- hope your move goes well. I bet you be happy when you get to spend the night in the house for the first time.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Ashley I hate having to deal with insurance issues like that.

Stetz that's a plus that you only have to go to one Thanksgiving. It will probably be a nice little break to get away for a good meal.

Jen I feel your pain on being busy! You are right about teaching Rachel about it. He was a good boy last night. Rachel did really good with not going by him. I explained to all of the kids that if they wanted to pet him they had to get us first. Rachel asked me if she could pet him right before bed as he always follows us around during bedtime. He used to get in bed with her to snuggle but doesn't any more. So I held him on the floor while she gave him a tummy rub. They were both pretty happy with the situation.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Danielle...I bet you are getting excited!

Becky...good plan with the kids and it's great that Rachel is working well with the situation. I'm sure it is really hard on her...sounds like she was the closest with him.

Yes, it's definitely a plus and a very nice break...just wish it wasn't an hour drive each way! LOL Always a trade-off though!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

christmas house By Southern Lady

here is my other Christmas house I made

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

b-day card By Southern Lady

here a b-day card I made

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

A lot of my "busy" at home has to do with Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it will slow down a bit next week. I hope! I have some Christmas presents and tags to make. Work is only going to get worse until January, when it will get a lot worser. Yeah.....that's a word!! LOL! It will be April 15th before I know it.

Ashley, that's crazy about your insurance! Why wouldn't they believe the doctor?

Stetz, do you have to help with Thanksgiving dinner or bring anything? I hope for your sake that you can just show up. Moving is enough work for one day. Ug on the driving!!

Becky, I'm glad that Rachel is adjusting to the situation with your dog. Getting old stinks, and it must be really hard an animals because they can't tell us what hurts. In hindsight, we realized that BooKitty was probably in increasing pain during her last year or two.

Danielle, safe travels. Have fun with your visit.

Stephen came home a day early. He's here tonight. Scott is supposed to fly home Thursday morning, but texted us tonight. He's pretty sick. Hopefully he can still make it. I will be so sad if he doesn't.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? So I think my solo instructor is out to drive me insane. We had decided on doing "A Whole New World" in Italian last week...then he went to go see "Mockingjay" on Saturday! Today he comes in asking if I want to possibly dance to "The Hanging Tree" from "Mockingjay!" My costume works with either song so that's not an issue...it's just now having to decide between two songs I like.

Stephanie- On Christmas Eve, Italian families do this thing called "The Feat of the Seven Fishes" (I don't know why seven fishes...some say seven days of creation, seven sacraments, seven deadly sins...though some people do ten fishes instead of seven) and one of the fishes is eel. When I was a kid, my grandmother would buy live eels and put them in the bathtub, because that's not terrifying...pulling back the curtain and there are these eels just swimming around. Then she'd kill them to eat for Christmas Eve dinner.

Becky- That's awesome that you've figured out a way to still include your dog to make both him and Rachel happy! My sister's demon dog isn't a cuddler and goes after my beagle all the time.

Jen- The insurance company though I had been in a car accident (no idea why....I told the foot doctor I'd fall at dance). They didn't understand that a dance injury is about the same as a sports injury or something like that.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Jen...yay on Stephen coming home a day early...I bet you are thrilled! Sure hope Scott can make it...I know the ick is definitely going around! I want to make one snowman hat for a Christmas gift for Elias' teacher, but that is the only thing I want to make. Unfortunately, I have to make two side dishes for Thanksgiving...which sucks...but it is what it is.

Ashley...sorry for the new choice on a solo dance. Hopefully, you can decide soon. It is so annoying to me how people act like dance isn't a sport...it can actually be a harder sport than most "sports". Gregg said that about Shelby dancing vs Andrew wrestling and it made me mad. She had 4 hours of dance practice and he had 2 hours...and Gregg claims it is because Andrew has to work harder. I claim BS!!! I hate that junk!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Jen I sure hope Scott ends up being able to make it.

Ashley I can't believe anyone would think you couldn't be hurt in dance like any other sport.

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

hello and good morning

well we are head to Vegas to my husband mom house. we leave here 12 pm I have to pick my husband up from work. then off to a long drive. then we are spend the night at his mom house and then Thursday head to my parents house. my dogs see us packing and they think they are going to get left. they get nerves . we are not get back until Monday.

hope everyone has a nice thanksgiving.

Page 1183 of 1183 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics