Page 1275 of 1275 
Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to southern lady

Jen that is so nice that the temp is helping so much. But sounds like you still have some long hours.

Andrea I bet you are excited for your parents visit!!

Ashley good job on speaking up for yourself at the doctor. What would you be being tested for?

We have open house at school tonight and then Tuesday is the first day of school.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Becky Scraps

Ashley, that's awesome that your lab tech knowledge helped in the doctor's office. I prefer that docs go the low key approach first, and then bring out the big guns later.

Andrea, thanks! I had no idea that street bikes were so hard when I started this. People who ride them make it look easy. Will you be able to spend the entire weekend with your parents, or will you have to work some?

Danielle, what type of fair? A county fair?

Becky, I'm so grateful for this temp. Yep, I still have long hours, but I estimate that she's taken about 3-4 days of work out of my load already. I can't imagine what my hours would be like without her. Wow....open house BEFORE school starts! That's a great concept. Our open houses here were always week 3 or 4 of the school year. I would shake my head in disbelief as the teachers would read off classroom rules, needed supplies, and other important information at the meetings. Bad habits and poor grades were already happening by week 3 or 4.

I'm SO tired. Today was only a 9.5 hour day, but I did get a 30 minute break. I had to take my lunch break in full view of a meeting that I was supposed to be in. Awkward! It was a 90 minute meeting, though. I don't have time for that!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? So today, at the lab, I was training on the main chemistry analyzer...I was supposed to be with one of the older techs who went on special training for the analyzer. Problem was, that she doesn't like training others (she finds it bothersome) so she pawned me off on a tech who's had about three days worth of training on the analyzer. The two of us actually got a lot of work done but it was totally a "we're both learning as we go" type of day. I'm not sure that's very productive or the point of training but that's what happened LOL!

Andrea- Hope all of you had fun at the BBQ. In my experience, doctors don't like having their "standard procedures" questioned by their patients. They assume all patients will just respect the white coat and do whatever they say because of it. My problem is that I, too, wear a white coat and, while I'm not a doctor, I know something about the testing they do LOL!

Becky- WOW! School doesn't start here until like Sept. 8th...that's public schools anyway. Some charter schools started last week. Right now I'm being tested for various food allergies/sensitivities and a bacteria called H. pylori (it's a mean little sucker of a bacteria that produces a ton of acid and erodes the lining of the stomach and intestines and causes ulcers).

Jen- This doctor was like "You get an endoscopy! And you get an endoscopy! And you get an endoscopy! EVERYONE GETS AN ENDOSCOPY!" I decided that I wasn't keen on having an invasive procedure straight off and decided to throw some of my lab tech knowledge in first.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to DNA301

Wow Jen that seems crazy that they would do the open house after school starts. We do have some a month or so in called Routine Night where we go to their rooms and the kids have to show us what a day in their class looks like. Which is actually kind of neat to have them show you what they do all day. I really like my kids school. They do a lot of neat things. We got a new principal this year so we'll see how that goes. She is also in charge of the literacy council which I'm kind of excited about as Rachel struggles with reading and I'm hoping that maybe she'll get more help with it with a principal that focuses on that.

Ashley I'm a little surprised you are still training. There must be a lot of different machines there. It seems like you've worked there a long time already.

southern lady
Governor
southern lady
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Ashley, that's awesome that your lab tech knowledge helped in the doctor's office. I prefer that docs go the low key approach first, and then bring out the big guns later.

Andrea, thanks! I had no idea that street bikes were so hard when I started this. People who ride them make it look easy. Will you be able to spend the entire weekend with your parents, or will you have to work some?

Danielle, what type of fair? A county fair?

Becky, I'm so grateful for this temp. Yep, I still have long hours, but I estimate that she's taken about 3-4 days of work out of my load already. I can't imagine what my hours would be like without her. Wow....open house BEFORE school starts! That's a great concept. Our open houses here were always week 3 or 4 of the school year. I would shake my head in disbelief as the teachers would read off classroom rules, needed supplies, and other important information at the meetings. Bad habits and poor grades were already happening by week 3 or 4.

I'm SO tired. Today was only a 9.5 hour day, but I did get a 30 minute break. I had to take my lunch break in full view of a meeting that I was supposed to be in. Awkward! It was a 90 minute meeting, though. I don't have time for that!

it is a country fair. they had one in are little town but I didn't want to go to that one so I am going into twin fall the big city fair.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to southern lady

Good morning. Took Shelby to have all 4 wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, was not chancing those suckers messing up her $5000 braces teeth! I felt terrible though with her hurting. It was kind of funny though when she came out of the anesthesia, she was crying. They say it is pretty common, mostly with girls, b/c when they go under they are scared and anxious, so when they come out, they cry. She did pretty good though afterwards, didn't complain much, except she got really hungry last night, and options are limited as to what she can eat.

Jen...I'm so glad you have the temp and she is helping you so much!! I hope the two of you are able to get stuff under control quickly! Woohoo on the bike ride...you go girl!! I would be so scared...I know I could never do it!

Ashley, good for you speaking up with your doc. I find dr's intimidating, so I usually just nod when I'm in there. I hope you get some help for your stomach soon...that doesn't sound good at all. I'm wondering if it isn't your gall bladder. I've seen Face Off...me and DD enjoy watching that show. It's pretty cool what they can do with make up.

Andrea...yay for a visit from your parents! Did you have a good time at the BBQ?

Becky, wow my kids started last week. I always find it crazy how schools differ so much in their start days. This year we had the open house the night before school, which we usually have it about a week after school starts. I thought it was nice to be able to take all the supplies and meet the teacher. Of course, the next day, Elias' teacher quit and went to a different school (long story), so he had subs the whole first week. He has his new teacher now, which she seems like she'll be great!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to StarsNSparkles

Wow that's crazy about the teacher quitting like that right at the start of school. I'm glad to hear your dd is doing well with having the teeth out.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m

The bbq was a lot of fun. It was 90 all day and then turned to grey dark skies, rain and lightening. The girls were out there baerfeet in the grass playing wiffle ball.

Ds has his first football game tonight. it is an away game so we cant go.

We have registration days here. the kids are assigned days by last name. you fill out your paper work, get schedules, pay fees, get lockers, and can go around and check out the class rooms. weeks later they have an open house/ teachers conferences so they can address any concerns.

Stetz poor shelby.

I will have to work friday when my parents get here but i have the rest of the weekend off.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

That's good that you have the rest of the weekend off with them!!! Are they just going to be there for the weekend?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Well, at the end of last school year, they let a whole bunch of teachers go...by telling them in the middle of a school day. He was one of the teachers they let go, but then like several others, they re-hired them for this school year. Well, he went looking for a different job before he was re-hired, and when the opportunity came, he took it, seeing as how he wasn't very valuable to the school when he was one of the cut teachers. It's really the schools fault.

Andrea, I'm glad you get almost all the weekend off to be with your parents. YAY for a fun BBQ...I'm sure the girls had fun playing despite the rain...or more so because of it?? LOL

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to StarsNSparkles

Becky yes they are just here for the weekend. They are leaving monday.

I managed to get someone to take my shift tomorrow. I have not told my parents i will just surprise them.

Stetz i dont think i could blame that teacher either. That was kinda a cruddy thing for the school to do.. I am sure it had something to do with contracts.

Page 1275 of 1275 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics