Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to babigirl

Stephanie, I have mutant lymph nodes. They stay swollen for weeks. As long as your blood counts are going in the right direction, you are more than likely on the mend. Hang in there.

Shatema, I'm so sorry about your uncle.

Jen, hope you have lots of fun and exciting adventures to tell us about on Monday.

Alissa, skip the chores and go play!

Ashley, congrats on finishing the rotation with good reviews.

Andrea, you lucky duck. I've been craving new Prima, but my room overfloweth. I've been trying to resist all paper, but it's not easy.

Jen, we do have plans for vacation. We are going to Florida. We are going to visit my mom and Harry Potter! I'm so excited!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kamananui

thank you kelly

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to babigirl

Good morning!

Today is church and my niece's birthday. One of the birthdays the whole family dreads going to because they go too overboard...I've seen overboard and this is beyond that. Shelby said, I never watch her open all 50 presents anyway. She was trying to get out of going. Seriously, she does receive about 50 presents...and she's 3. Ugh. Well, hopefully it will be a good visit.

Shelby and I rented and watched Big Miracle and Wanderlust last night, they were good.

Andrea...new prima...that's cool! How is the new house buying coming along? Will you have a scraproom?

Kelly, your the lucky duck getting a vaca in Florida! I want to go to Florida!!

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to StarsNSparkles

Stetz ugh i hate parties like that.

the house shopping isnt going well. we have an offer on a short sale but we have a horrible agant. I would change but they have the house listed and since we made an offer thru them we cant go to another agant and offer on the same house. if this falls thru we will go to another agent. This house does have a craft room for me. thanks for asking.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Ah Andrea, that is too bad...I was hoping the house was coming along quickly. I hate it when I have to deal with horrible agents. What is going wrong with the offer?

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

Andrea, that's the pits on the horrible agent. I hope things start looking up despite her.

Stetz, I hate birthday parties. And weddings. And family reunions and holiday get-togethers. Everybody just get dafvck outta my house. And I'm not leaving to come to y'all either.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to runzalot81

Lol I hate parties like that do I do think that is over board.

Andrea sorry things are not going well with the house

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to babigirl

Alissa...I swear girl...we are twins separated at birth! I'm with ya girl!

The party was OK, but my niece is a selfish spoiled rotten brat! And...my mom is totally oblivious of it...or pretends to be!

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81

You know, I'm pretty lucky that I adore my nephew and both nieces. No obnoxious brat kids in my family!

Whew! What a day! I spent the morning crafting in my jammies. Went out to lunch/breakfast with my boys. Took DS to the mall for playtime. I read my book. Went grocery shopping. Running at the gym. Cooking, lunch packing and household chores. Bath time and laundry. Snuggle and read with DS. We started Diary of a Whimpy Kid tonight. He requested it from the book fair last week.

TV time! Sitting here trying to drink more water. I'm so thirsty!

Have I told y'all about the great weather we've been having?!! This whole weekend was cool, windy, and rainy. Like, fall, for real! All of September was great! Cool mornings and the days were low 90s or lower (super for us). It's usually blazing hot all the way through October. I almost got out the fall decorations today but didn't have time. Definitely will have to this week. In the past, I usually wait until the day of Halloween It's usually too hot for me to notice a "seasonal" change.

I was going to avoid baking a sweet treat this week. But DS has requested my lemon bars. And I have the ingredients including fresh lemons... Oh dear.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Shatema, sorry that your uncle is in pain. My chores always run over, too, but there are minimums that I always do on the weekend, and I feel overwhelmed when they don't get done. Eh. I'll live,, lol!

Andrea, woot on prima!!

Kelly, that sounds like a fun vacation!

Stetz, that is a LOT of presents. What's worse....lots of presents and watching them be opened, or lots of presents and they are opened after the guests leave?

My nieces and nephews are a mixed bag of sweetness and brattiness.....all relative to who their parents are, lol!

Alissa, that's crazy weather. Oooh....good luck with the lemon bars. I've never been brave enough to work with fresh lemons.

The weather here was crazy. 100 degrees today. We popped over to San Fran and it was 68-72 there. It was so sunny, too! In fact, DS2's neighborhood is always packed in fog. Today it wasn't and I lost my bearings when I spotted Lake Merced from his apartment. I never realized the lake was visible, lol!!

My weekend was fun....but I'll have to come back and tell you in a while. I have to run for now.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

And....I'm back.

Andrea, I've heard that short sales, even with a great realtor, can be very difficult to close. I hope that the deal you are working on goes through.

On Saturday we went to a racetrack where my BIL was riding his motorcycle. He spent 20 minutes of each hour riding and would get up to 130 mph. There were 3 classes of riders there, and some got up to 150 mph, maybe more. It was loud and exciting, and as spectators we were in the middle of everything. It was hot, though (100), and a long drive. The corvette got a lot of attention and people kept asking DH if he races it. He doesn't want to as it would trash up the car. On Sunday we popped over to San Fran to have a late lunch with DS2, who we haven't seen in weeks! I need a vacation day to rest up.

My kitty is feeling sickly, so I will probably need to take her to the vet tomorrow. Bad timing as work is a bit crazy this week.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, I made lemon bars from scratch (and using real lemons) a few weeks ago and OMG

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Shatema I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Nothing too exciting for us this weekend. Yesterday I took Rachel to a party for one of her friends at school.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Becky Scraps

this agent didnt write the offer like we asked. now we have to try and write an adendum or pay more out of pocket. with short sales you have a small window to reply and the bank has months. He takes forever to return phone calls and its just annoying. we have used one agent to close on our last few purchases and sales. she is a great agent. Im not used to working with an idiot. To top it all off he was rude to my broker and ordered an appraisal for a house we havent gotten accepted on yet. which baffles my mind. my broker has to pay for that. why would you do that when you havent got an acepted offer. My broker is great and i have used him several times. I told him to suspend the apprasal till we talk to this idiot.

jen sounds like a fun weekend' whenb dh and I were younger he would race rimrock. they drain the lake and have a huge muddy dirtbike race. It was alot of fun to watch.

Alissa I will have to get brave and try lemmon bars from scratch when I get a kitchen. It sounds like you had a busy nice weekend.

We went on a 5 mile bike ride and bbqued some chicken. thats about all. we are trying to save money.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

What a pain. Are there any other agents around you could use?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Becky Scraps

I guess I'm a little lost on what a short sale is...I thought it was when it all happened really fast. Andrea, sounds like you definitely have your hands full with this agent..what a nut! That would be so fun mudding in a drained lake!

Jen, sounds like a nice weekend for you. I'm glad you got to see DS2...never thought you went that long without seeing one of your kids. Haven't heard anything on DD in a while, how is she doing? Does she still live with you guys?

Alissa...whew...what a busy day you had! I love lemon bars...I bed I would love them even more from scratch. Feel free to send me a care package! LOL Lord knows, I'm not going to get in a kitchen and make them myself!

Not sure Jen, I've never been to a party that they opened the presents after the guests leave. I wish my brother would just have 2 parties...one for family and the other for friends. These are those kids who will never know what it is to want something because they already have it before they could ever want it. It's just ridiculous.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

Stetz no a shory sale takes forever. I hate them and try to avoid them. We moved to a place that almost everything is a short sale or a million plus. I dont have a million dollars lol. A short sale means you offered less then the people owe/ thats what the short is. the offer is short of what the loan is. Alot of people are doing these because it doesnt reflect so bad on their credit. If I owned a home that I owed more than it was worth. I can put it up for shortsale. People will offer I then choose the highest offer and send it to the bank. Im hoping the bank will take that amount and write off the balance of what I owe. Hope that makes sense. they usually take 90 days to close but some take longer. Now that so many people are doing it the process is quicker.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to andrea m

Thanks so much for the info Andrea, I was definitely lost...and I don't think I've ever even heard of a sale like that.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I'm wondering if I don't have cat scratch fever...my boss suggested that this morning and I looked it up. Several weeks ago, my outside cat bit my hand and broke the skin quite a bit. According to what I've read, it can take several weeks for any symptoms to show up...but the #1 symptom is swollen lymph nodes close to the site...which would be my neck.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Spent most of the weekend studying (since I had a hematology exam today and a parasitology exam tomorrow)...except for the breaks to watch the "Doctor Who" fall series finale (which was sooooooooo sad) and the start of season 2 of "Once Upon a Time"...this week I start my Clincal Chemistry rotation in a hospital I didn't like the first time I was there. I'm hoping it'll be better this time around...maybe.

Stephanie- I use to hate family parties...any and all kinds of them. Thankfully, we don't have much in the way of family anymore so we don't have to go to those parties anymore. As for the lymph nodes and the cat scratch, I'd explore that one further...cats have all kinds of fishsticks knows what on their nails and it can make you really sick!

Shatema- Praying for your uncle!

Alissa- How's the lemon bars come out? I'm always afraid to bake with lemon because I'm concerned things will come out too sour.

Jenn- That motorcycle thing sounds fun...but totally frightening!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics