Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to DNA301

Stetz I would talk to your doc asap. cat scratch fever can be nasty.

Ashley good luck on your tests.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to andrea m

My neighbor has a lemon tree and she makes lemon pound cake. Once a year she brings over a lemon pound cake and some fresh lemons. To. Die. For.

Andrea, good explanation on the short sale. I've heard, too, that rules are different. Banks can pick and chose which, if any, offer they want to take. Short sales are very common out here, especially in surrounding communities.

Stetz, this is probably the longest we've gone without physically seeing DS2. We've been in contact with email/texting. We've gone MONTHS not seeing DS1 because he's worked and traveled all over. DD is planning on moving out by January. I'll believe it when I see it. She's doing well, otherwise. What's rare is having all 3 gone at the same time. That's why DH and I run away on the weekends

My friend had Cat Scratch Fever. She was pretty sick for a while, but still well enough to muddle through work.

Our friends only do parties where gifts are opened after guests leave. To make it worse, their parties seem to be because they want gifts (they throw their own annual adult birthday parties, massive kid parties, and baby showers). They don't serve meals, and skimp on snacks and beverages. We show up, drop the gift on the table, visit with friends, and then leave,hitting up a restaurant on the drive home. It's rude on their part, if you ask me.

Ashley, I bet that you will enjoy this hospital more the second time around. If anything, you are more familiar with your way around.

BIL's friend joked about me suiting up on Saturday and riding behind him on his bike. There were a couple people who rode tandem. No thank you!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Hmm...from what I read on the internet, cat scratch fever isn't all that serious..and usually doesn't even require treatment. Anyway, I'm going to make a dr appt for either tomorrow or thursday with a new doctor.

Ashley, hope you did/do well on your tests. Hope the rotation will be better, I had thought you said you were all done with that.

Jen, hopefully the weekend run-away trips will continue even after the last one is gone...that is so much fun for you! I don't honestly think I would even go to a party like that, I think it is beyond rude. I know my brother's gf throws these parties just for the gifts too. Yesterday, they had my mom and dad over again for cake and ice cream because that was her actual birthday. My dad was pretty unhappy about that because we had already celebrated it. I'm sure she got even more presents.

Why won't you ride tandem?

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to StarsNSparkles

stetz my niece had it and it wasn't that bad. dh works with a guy who got it and it got infected too. he ended up having surgery. I guess it just depends on the seriousness of the scratch or bite.

Jen I have heard that about short sales too. in this case I believe are offer was the only one submitted to the bank. The agent told dh yesterday that all the paper work is in on the owners part as of friday, which is a plus. The lady has been doing extra paper work to try and get the extra loan balance covered sinse it is a small amount in the scheme of things. Im just impatient living in this smnall space. Im used to having an agent that is in constant communication with us. I guess I have been spoiled in the past.

Ashley be positive. you will do great.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to andrea m

In a way hopefully that's what it is Stetz. At least if that's the case you will be fine. Even if it was bad and had to have surgery it's still not a horrible thing. Hopefully the new doctor will figure it out.

Jen I think that is very rude. I feel weird having parties for my kids besides for family just because I don't want people to think it's about the gifts. I can't even imagine have a big party for myself any year let alone every year.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Becky Scraps

when we have a big parties for the kids. my dh bbq and i make several salads. we make punch and have drinks for the adults. I spend a bunch on just making sure the guests have a good time and that no one leaves hungry. I could save a ton of money just buying my kid the gifts myself lol. I was raised that if you have guest you make them feel welcome and like they want for nothing.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DNA301

Thanks Jen and sounds like you had an exciting weekend which you always do. dorry to hear about the kitty I hope she is feeling better

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Becky Scraps Said:
Shatema I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Nothing too exciting for us this weekend. Yesterday I took Rachel to a party for one of her friends at school.

Thanks Becky. How did Rachel enjoy the party? How is she doing with school?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DNA301

Andrea I am sorry you are having issues with your agent I hope things get better

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• StarsNSparkles Said:
I guess I'm a little lost on what a short sale is...I thought it was when it all happened really fast. Andrea, sounds like you definitely have your hands full with this agent..what a nut! That would be so fun mudding in a drained lake!

Jen, sounds like a nice weekend for you. I'm glad you got to see DS2...never thought you went that long without seeing one of your kids. Haven't heard anything on DD in a while, how is she doing? Does she still live with you guys?

Alissa...whew...what a busy day you had! I love lemon bars...I bed I would love them even more from scratch. Feel free to send me a care package! LOL Lord knows, I'm not going to get in a kitchen and make them myself!

Not sure Jen, I've never been to a party that they opened the presents after the guests leave. I wish my brother would just have 2 parties...one for family and the other for friends. These are those kids who will never know what it is to want something because they already have it before they could ever want it. It's just ridiculous.

Stetz even if i had it where keke would never have to want for anything. She would know what it is to want for something cause just a soon as you have it it can be tooken away.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• StarsNSparkles Said:
I'm wondering if I don't have cat scratch fever...my boss suggested that this morning and I looked it up. Several weeks ago, my outside cat bit my hand and broke the skin quite a bit. According to what I've read, it can take several weeks for any symptoms to show up...but the #1 symptom is swollen lymph nodes close to the site...which would be my neck.

You should get it checked out it is very possible.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DNA301

Ashley thanks for your prayers

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Becky Scraps Said:
In a way hopefully that's what it is Stetz. At least if that's the case you will be fine. Even if it was bad and had to have surgery it's still not a horrible thing. Hopefully the new doctor will figure it out.

Jen I think that is very rude. I feel weird having parties for my kids besides for family just because I don't want people to think it's about the gifts. I can't even imagine have a big party for myself any year let alone every year.

I agree that is very rude IMO to.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
  • Becky Scraps Said:
Shatema I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Nothing too exciting for us this weekend. Yesterday I took Rachel to a party for one of her friends at school.

Thanks Becky. How did Rachel enjoy the party? How is she doing with school?

She had fun. She was mad at me when I told her it was time to go. She is doing good at school now. As far as I know she hasn't cried in a long time. She comes home talking all about what she does there.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

That is great Becky. Keke is doing really good in school to. She comes home telling me she had fun with the kids even though a little boy dumped a whole bucket of sand in her hair.

Ok hair lesson time lol we don't wash our hair every day because it drives drys it out really bad we wash it like once every two weeks and she just got it washed this weekend so yeah didn't want to have to wash her hair again lol.

Hope any one didn't take that as me being smart just was explaining why it was a big deal he dumped dirt in hair and it's not like we can just was it out and plus who wants dirt in ther hair anyway.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to babigirl

Hiya? Not feeling so great today...I'm really tired of the program I'm in...the professor in charge has become a tyrant...she treats all of us like we're stupid little kids (I wouldn't even talk my Daisy Scouts the way she talks to us)...and we found out from another professor that this program has the highest fail rate out of all the local programs (so far, from last year's class, only two out of thirteen kids passed the exam)...I'm disheartened because I've been lied to (the professor in charge has no interest in helping me just get my state license at the end of this mess) and I'm annoyed because I don't like being treated like I'm some dumb kid. There's other stuff too...I've gotten fustrated to the point where I want to quit this program but I don't know what else I'd do.

Shatema- That sucks about the sand in the hair thing!

Becky- Sounds like she's having a great time with school!

Stephanie- Hope your new doctor's appointment goes well. As for the rotations, sometimes we have to go back to hospitals to do other subjects...this time I have to go back to a hospital I didn't like for Clincal Chemistry (I just finished Blood Banking).

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Stetz, I won't ride tandem because it's 130-150 mph around the track! And don't even get me started on the corners. The bikers lean far into the turns. It looks like they are about to lay the bike down on the ground at 30-40 mph!

We plan to continue our weekend trips until we get too old, too tired, too broke or too bored, lol!

Annual adult birthday parties really get to me. I try and be "in the spirit" and celebrate, but inside I'm thinking WTH? One couple would celebrate at an expensive restaurant twice a year (once for him, once for her) and DH insisted we go.....up until I pointed out that for a single dinner, our entire family could fly round trip to Disneyland (because WE were expected to pay the birthday person's tab). My BIL/SIL also celebrate in a big way every year. My SIL once held her birthday party at "The Jungle". The Jungle is like Chuck E. Cheese. She rented their largest room and had a "kid" party for herself! That was awkward. I actually don't care if people throw themselves parties every year, I just don't want to attend every year

We had parties for our kids growing up, but they were either family OR friends, and they weren't every year. Most years it was just the 5 of us. We did make sure that each had a special party at least once.

Yay for Rachel and Keke doing well in school. Boo on dirt in hair! I guess it beats having gum in there.

Andrea, expecting someone to do their job is not being spoiled at all! I would be very frustrated with your realtor, too.

Ashley, I'm sorry that the program is not meeting your expectations. That's got to be very frustrating. I think you'll pass, though. Well....you've already passed! Just get in, do your best, and graduate!

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

So I started working on my mom's birthday gift...I put this album together on Saturday Night (after "Doctor Who" of course) and Sunday before I had to go to bed...

For Wise Witches Cover By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 1-2 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 3-4 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 5-6 By DNA301

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to DNA301

For Wise Witches Pages 7-8 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 9-10 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 11-12 By DNA301
For Wise Witches Pages 13-14 By DNA301

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Andrea, that would be incredibly frustrating to have a realtor or banker or anyone in those types of professions that involve your finances and/or livelihood not keep you informed! I'd just get a little more demanding with him, if you possibly can and tell him you expect weekly updates even if it is just to check in and let you know nothing new is happening.

Shatema...I'd be extremely aggravated with a bucket full of sand in the hair too...even though we wash our hair daily! Sand is very hard to get out and shampooing it doesn't usually do the trick!

Ashley, so sorry to hear that things aren't going well for you in the program! You can either stay positive and hopeful that you will be among the small success rate of the program...or drop out and find something else. I'd hate to see you drop out because you have come this far, but if you are that miserable, sometimes it just isn't worth it.

Jen...you go girl...on the too old, too broke, or too bored...lol! I really hope someday I get the chance to have weekends like that. Oh, I didn't realize what the riding was...thought it was just normal rides. No way would I ride tandem for that either.

All of us siblings do annual birthday get-togethers for our kids for family...only my brother and his gf invite 50 friends too!! None of the adults celebrate their birthdays besides with their own family (spouse & kids). I get tired of all the kid birthday parties, no way would I be attending annual ones for adults. That is ridiculous Jen on your SIL throwing herself a kid part, IMO.

Me and my niece talked for 2 1/2 hours last night, just me and her, private and confidential and I am thrilled! I love that she can open up to me and tell me her feelings and thoughts.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics