Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to StarsNSparkles

Ashley I am sorry this rotation is not going well and yes the sand in the hair thing did suck lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

I think parties every year is way to much. We didn't even have a party for Keke this year we took her to fun land and let her run around and have fun and then we took her out to eat and she was happy and enjoyed her birthday and in the end that's all that matters

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Stetz I am glad you and your niece had a nice talk

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301

Hiya? Started my Clinical Chemistry rotation today...though I dislike the hospital I'm in (it's too big...I got lost twice today), the people in the lab were really nice. They have a good set-up for the students. Each day I'm there, I'll get assigned to a different tech so I can learn all the machines...since the chemistry lab is the most automated out of all the labs. I'm still not really feeling great about this course but I don't really have anything else I can do...so I'm going to stick it out.

On Birthday Parties- My parents never really threw huge parties for my sister and I. We had a family party and then a smaller one where we could invite 5 or 6 of our friends from school but it was never a huge deal.

Stephanie- That's awesome about the talk you had with your neice!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Morning. Been a bit busy. Yesterday I was only at work for a couple hours. I had a doctors appointment and then went to Trevor's field trip in the afternoon.

Stetz how are the lympe nodes doing?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Becky Scraps

Just a routine check-up Becky?

Still swollen & painful...had another pop up and grow on the other side of my neck this week, but I'm going to the dr today.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I'm glad to hear you are going back in.

Yes just routine stuff for me. I had my thyroid tests done again because I had a lump on my neck and I gained so much weight over the summer. But it cam back fine. So I guess I just have to watch my diet better. I've lost a few pounds of it now but I have a long ways to go yet.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

I've been putting on the weight too Becky, don't really understand it either, because I haven't been eating more...at least not that I realize.

I'm glad everything came back fine for you.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Stephanie, another lump? Yes, you definitely need to go back to the doctor. So glad you have an appointment for today.

Ashley, stick it out girl. It will be over before you know it. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. ;-) So, what did you think of the last Dr. Who? I totally bawled my head off.

I'm going back to hula tonight. I'm a little nervous. New instructor (I'm not sure if she's a Kumu or not) and I joined the intermediate class. It's been three years since I've last belonged to a halau. I suspect things will be very different. I just pray it's authentic and I like it because I really miss dancing.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Kamananui

kelly hope your class is what you are looking for.

My kids have a four day weekend so we are all here in this cabin. ds had football practice.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to andrea m

Hello ladies. I went to the dr with my uncle today. The biopsy did show cancerous cells which we expected. He goes back tuesday to set up his appointment with radiation.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• StarsNSparkles Said:
Just a routine check-up Becky?

Still swollen & painful...had another pop up and grow on the other side of my neck this week, but I'm going to the dr today.

Let us know what the dr says

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Kelly I hope you have fun at the class

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to babigirl

Hiya? Rotation was...there...Clinical Chemistry isn't very interesting since it's pretty much totally automated...techs just exist to babysit the machines. I'm just glad tomorrow's Friday and I have Monday off LOL...and NY ComicCon is next weekend.

Stephanie- I hope your appointment went well.

Becky- The lab I'm in must run like 30-60 thyroid panels a day! It all goes on a machine and the machine does all the testing.

Kelly- Hope your hula class went well. As for "Doctor Who," I was alright right up to the point when Amy called River "Melody" and told her to be a good girl and River just kissed her hand and never looked away from the Angel so poor Eleven could have a breakdown. I completely lost it right after that. I'm NEVER EVER looking at the Statue of Liberty the same again!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Good evening! I don't think I even turned my computer on Wednesday night, and now it's Thursday night.

Stetz, how did the doc appointment go? One thing I've learned is that weight creeps on as we age. To keep your same figure, you have to up the exercise, or lower the calories, as you age. Boo. Hiss. Yay for nice talks with nieces!

Becky or Alissa, what is the name of that online site that you were using to track calories....or whatever it was for? I hope you know what I'm talking about, because I don't

Kelly, I loved Hawaiian dancing! I miss it. I haven't done it since I was a kid. I did that, plus jazz, gymnastics, ballet and tap. Gymnastics was my favorite, but if I could relive any right now, it would be tap. My hips would rebel, though.

My kids would be disappointed when they couldn't have HUGE parties every year. I think that was good for them, though. They learned to handle disappointment, and learned that a celebration, no matter how small, is still important. Now that I think of it, DS2 had big at-home parties each year of high school, but that was an asperger thing. The other kids (also had aspergers) expected an annual party at our house, lol! We cut them off after graduation, though.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

I believe it's my fitness pal.

Stetz how was the doctor?

Shatema I'm assuming you are close with your uncle if you are going with him to the doctor. It's so hard to watch someone you love be that sick. I hope they caught his soon enough. I lost my dad to lung cancer earlier this year and it is a really hard thing to watch. We are here if you ever need to talk.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles

Good morning. The doctor appt went well, but they still didn't tell me anything other than possibly a bacterial or viral infection. They gave me antibiotics and I have a follow-up in 3 weeks. If they aren't gone by them, they are going to send me for a biopsy.

Jen...I noticed...we missed you Wednesday night! Yeah, I really need to start exercising, I'm just so lazy!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I hate how doctors always want you to wait on everything. 3 weeks seems like a long time to me.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I survived intermediate Hula. It's just like riding a bike. It all came back to me.

Stephanie, I think that's a long time to wait too, but what do I know? I'm not a doctor, I only play one on the internet.

Busy day today. I've been up since 6:00. Off to Ms to teach a class. Have a good Saturday everyone.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics