Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Stetz that does like a long wait

Ashley love your gift for your mom

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to babigirl

Hiya? Had today off (W00T!) but I spent it inside helping my mom do school work and decorate for Halloween...then I studied for a Clinical Chemistry (a/k/a Ashley's Kryptonite Subject) exam...Yeah, I'm that exciting LOL! I'm trying to get my act together for NYComicCon next Saturday...I learned the hard way, it is a BAD idea to walk in without a plan...nothing gets accomplished that way.

Stephanie- That fall festival sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to do something like for Girl Scouts but there are waaaaaaaaay too many permits involoved for that to work out.

Alissa- Yeah, I was the one worried about the lemon bars being too tart. I might give them a try, though, since it's just cool enough here for baking.

Kelly- Fishsticks, I wish it was that warm here. I'm thinking of breaking out my thermals when I sleep!

Becky- Yikes on the kittens! We have two outside kittens now too.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DNA301

Good evening.

I had to leave work early today to take Boo (the correct cat, lol) to the vet. She was given an antibiotic shot and some new food (again). She seems perky, and both cats are liking the new food, so I think we are on track again.

Becky, 5 cats? Bwahahahaha. I'm so glad it's you and not me. I bet your kids are loving it.

Alissa, woot for a day to yourself!! I dream of such a day.

Stetz, that sounds like a fun Fall party. I don't recall if I've ever participated in a bonfire.

Andrea, we lived in a town like that for a while. We had one grocery store. No competition, so it was always dirty and had beggars inside and outside. I was late to work a few times because cows (one time a bull) were blocking the only road out. These days, it's so built up that it has way more stores (and way less cows) than our current town. It sounds like your family is enjoying the new area, despite the small house and lack of shopping.

Kelly, yikes! I would cry if I lived in AZ with no AC.

Ashley, have fun planning for ComicCon, and good luck on the exam.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

And in case anyone is wondering.....Pot Rod won the Outhouse races

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

Never participated in a bonfire Jen?? I can't even believe this.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Luvmyfam

Good morning!

Kelly, I'll take your temp without AC! Both of my furnaces are broke and it is around 50 degrees here! COLD!! I'm a sad girl!!

Jen, that's too funny being late to work because of cows! I can see you explaining that story and saying "and that's no bull!" LOL

Andrea, boo on the far away grocery stores, that would drive me insane! I hate driving 15 min to walmart!!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to StarsNSparkles

Becky, bonfires would probably be difficult in the city. I've got to get the wood split for this.

I just hope we have a good turn out. One of the boys will be inviting all the friends that have turned on Shelby...I'm not getting my hopes up for them to actually come!

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I'm sure they would be hard in a city. I was just thinking with all her traveling but then again it sounds like most of that is pretty local.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Becky Scraps

Stephanie, you need to send me some cold and I'll send you some hot. Right now I'm waiting for the repair guy to come with my new part. I have to leave for work at 12. (which he knows) so I hope he hurries up!

Jen, I was trapped on a military base once because of bison. The entire heard was just hanging out on the street. I was there for hours.

Ashley, bake the lemon bars. I love lemon bars. They are delish!

Have a great day ladies. I'm going to go craft for a bit while I'm waiting, and then it's off to work.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Kamananui

I think I finally got my internet working right thank god. That's why i haven not been on like talking about it because my internet have been acting real funky

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Jen your weekened sounded great well until we got to the part about the cats. That part is a a bit crazy.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • runzalot81 Said:
Jen, that's a little nuts about the cats!

Only a little? That's a whole lot of nuts.

DD came home and showed me the ER vet information. The final cost was $190 less than the estimate, and they did find blood in her urinalysis, so all in all, not a wasted trip or cost. But still....

I saw a funny Halloween costume this weekend. An orange jumpsuit with "inmate" written on the back. I thought that would be funny to wear around my office. I think, though, my next costume purchase will be something "Old Western-y." there were a lot of people dressed up yesterday. It would have been fun to dress up, too.

I might get shot if I wore that to my job lol

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

• Becky Scraps Said:
That is crazy Jen. I'm glad to hear they are both good. A little cat drama at our house too. So remember how our momma cat got hit by a car. The kids still don't even realize it. Well I thought we just had the one boy left and that was fine. Then one of his sisters started showing back up again she hasn't been around in like 6 months so she we assume she was living at the neighbor's house. That's fine but then yesterday 3 kittens show up. So now instead of one cat we have 5.

Wow bet you didn't expect to have so many cats at once huh?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Stetz the fall fest at your church sounds awesome and the one at your house sounds like it's going to be awesome to

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to babigirl

Hiya? Just came back from dance...one instructor is ALREADY planning out his show dances (including my solo...I'm trying to convince him to let me do a rock ballet instead of a classical one since I've never done a rock solo before) while the other keeps cutting class short. That's probably the reason why her dances are the last to be done every year. Hopefully, I'll be able to stay in dance until the end of the year...I'm still worried about being able to balance it with school.

Stephanie and Becky- I've never been to a bonfire here either. Then again, I think if we had one here in my 'hood, they'd call the cops and the fire department on us.

Kelly- I was thinking of trying to bake them on Saturday but then I remembered Saturday is NYComicCon and I'll be geeking it out all day. Maybe Sunday instead...hope your crafting went well!

Jen- Glad you got the kitties all straightened out! A bull blocking the road?! Holy fishsticks!

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning!

LOL Kelly on the herd of Bison...now that would be crazy...but I'm not sure as crazy as cows in California. LOL I hope you got your AC fixed.

I did get my upstairs heat fixed. A guy came out yesterday, had to get a new switch, and it worked fine. He refused any payment! I felt really blessed!

Ashley, hope you get what you want in dance.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I'm glad you got your heat fixed Stetz.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

Stetz, the bison were in Cali too. They were just in Southern Cali.

Yay for heat and a free fix. Wish it was the same in my case. A/C is back, but it cost as much as a round trip flight to Paris only I didn't get to go anywhere but work.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Kamananui

That's really awesome about your heat, Stetz!

Barfaroo on the A/C expense, Kelly Been there for sure.

Waiting for Pumpkin Pants to finish his homework and then we're off to the gym.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to runzalot81

It's true Becky. I've never been to a bonfire. I should put it on my bucket list!

Stetz, I'm glad that your heat was fixed. What a nice guy.

Cows are quite popular in CA. I think we have more cows than people in our town, or we did at one time. We get elk out at the now-closed naval base. They would block the road, too, but I was never caught behind them.

The first time I was late for work because of a cow, my boss didn't believe me and chewed me out. One morning she had to stop my my house (I was off that day) to pick up something to bring to work, and it happened to her! She apoligized for being such a dickwad.

Kelly, hahaha on the bison! I've been trapped behind cows and turkeys, but not bison. A/C systems can be ridiculous. We had to replace ours a couple years ago. We paid extra and did the heat at the same time to prevent another huge expense (it was cheaper for us to do them together).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics