Username Post: JAFF Jr. (Just a few friends)        (Topic#1541601)
Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to babigirl

Home early!! Woot! I still wasn't the first one home, LOL!! Cue the music, "I'm dreaming of my home alone...." (to the tune of White Christmas). Not only was DH here when I got home, but he was being a cranky-head.

The Christmas party was nice. Good food, beautiful decorations, and the socialization was tolerable this year. I stopped one the way home to get my new glasses adjusted. They were too tight and they left dents behind my ears!

Stetz, your mom is buying your Christmas this year? I'm not sure I'm following you on that one.

Mandi, TB as in tuberculosis? However that is spelled! Ouch on the toe.

I had 2 elves on the shelf growing up, only they just sat there. Either the current tradition wasn't practiced back then, or my parents didn't do anything with them. I would play with those things for hours.

*passes coffee to Alissa*

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to Luvmyfam

Jen, I'm so satisfied with how you spelled tuberculosis, I'm not gonna look it up

And thanks for the coffee!

Mandi, sorry about the toe! I about killed a toe back in July. I thought I was going blind it hurt so bad!

It's been a stressful week. One word: testing. Anyway, today was actually a really good day until we had a team meeting at the end. Lots of negativity floating around and I'm letting it get to me. Trying to relax and let it roll off with my DDP. I really need a stiff drink.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

Sorry about the toe Mandi.

I was off for a furlough day. They gave us a few days off this year unpaid to save $. This was the last one. I got the last of my shopping done today. Well except a few lottery tickets.

Tomorrow Trevor and I have to go work for our Country Christmas thing in our town for Boy Scouts. I'm dreading it and so is he. It's 4 hours that's quite a while for a 6 year old to stand there.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Becky Scraps

Hiya? Today was my last day of rotation for this semester! Now it's just finals week to survive LOL...If you're the praying type, can you say a prayer for me as I take my finals next week? It's six tests in five days and I think I might need some help.

Mandi- I heard that TB was on the rise. A lot of the hospitals my classmates rotated in had special isolation rooms in the mircobio labs for TB testing. They, of course, weren't allowed in them. Sorry about the toe!

Alissa- Sorry about the stressful school day. My mom's school is doing midterms and she's just about going batty with all the papers she has to grade.

Jen- Awesomeness about the Christmas party being nice! We didn't have elves in my house at Christmas. My parents went by the standard "Santa is watching you" type thing.

For today (and because of my fangirling episode)...

December Daily Day 7 2012 By DNA301
December Daily Day 7 2012 Journaling By DNA301

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to DNA301

Jen I am glad that your Christmas party was nice. I will be actually going to two Christmas partys for my company one on the 15th that's the other shifts party and then one on the 22 that's the party i am helping with

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Alissa I can make you a Cruzan Confusion if you like

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to babigirl

Ashley I will say a prayer for you. And you have inspired me next year i am going to do a book for my mom but told from keke's point of view if you dont mind me borrowing your idea

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to babigirl

Jen yes TB as in tuberculosis.

Alissa ill come keep you company while you drink lol

Shatema great idea on the daily from keke\s point of view.

Becky doesnt sound like fun at all hang in there

off to get ready for work i'm pretty booked today hoping it will make the day go by quickly

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Briannasmom

Alissa, bummer on the stressful week.

Becky, that is a huge amount of time for a 6 yr-old to stand still! Yikes.

Mandi, I love busy days that go by quickly. I hope that yours did go by fast.

TB....aren't people quarantined for that? I just remember some guy a few years ago traveling out of the country when he had TB, and there was a huge uproar over it.

We took the corvette out today. It was finally sunny! Ashley....we drove by Skywalker Ranch. It's so pretty out there. We ended up at a beach that is normally overcrowded. Due to the colder weather, it ended up being rather empty. That was perfect. We had a great time walking in the sun, taking photos, and watching dogs and kids play in the sand and surf.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 12-08-12 07:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Here is a project that I was working on this last week. The flowers on the top were made by Stetz!

Altered Lunchbox By Luvmyfam

Altered Lunchbox By Luvmyfam

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Went to teach dance today and the kids were so bad...the little ones, I could excuse because they're all hyper about Christmas but my 1PM ballet class I assist with my ballet instructor (but a lot of the time he leaves me on my own to teach them) are older...like between 9 and 12 and they were wicked bad today...like to the point where someone had to come and back me up because they didn't want to listen to me. We even had to take their water bottles from them because, every ten seconds, they wanted a water break.

Shatema- AWWWWWW!!!!!!!! Go on and use my idea! It's yours for the using if you want it!

Mandi- Hope your day went well!

Jen- I heard Skywalker Ranch is very cool! It's one of those places that's on me "To Visit Someday" list...even if it's just to say grumpy fangirl things about Episodes I, II, and III (and the "new trilogy" that's being talked about). Yup, people are put into isolation...usually negative air isolation...air flows into the room but not out so no spores or bacteria can leave the room...if they have active TB.

Today's Elf Adventure...

December Daily Day 8 2012 By DNA301
December Daily Day 8 2012 Journaling By DNA301

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning! Had a fabulous day yesterday shopping with mom! All the conversation was good and we laughed a lot! I love days like that! I got lots and lots of clothes, she let me have 4 shirts early! YAY

Jen, mom was taking me shopping for the stuff she is buying me for Christmas...I wanted clothes!

Mandi, so glad you had a nice visit with your aunt. That's cool that the girls are enjoying the elf again! Sorry to hear about your toe and foot...I hope it is doing better now!

Jen, yay on the nice Christmas party..ouch on the too tight glasses. I don't wear glasses, but when my sunglasses are too tight, it gives me a headache! LOL on DH being a cranky head...too funny! Sounds like you guys had a nice day yesterday.

Alissa, sorry about the stressful week you had! I hope the weekend has been better to you! How much longer til Christmas vaca?

Becky, I've heard of furlough days, but that can be tough without the pay. YAY on getting your Christmas shopping done!! I have several stragglers to get, but my kids are pretty much done. How did the boy scout thing go?

Ashley, yay for rotations being over for now! I know you will do great on your finals.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to StarsNSparkles

we arent sure yet which stage of TB she has we find out this coming week where we sit with mil.
toe slightly better not by much though its blue now though lol

snowinng like crazy here ride to work wont be fun at all.

I;m thinking its gonna be a slow day at work but we will see

Jen glad the party went well but ouch on the glasses and dh being cranky

Becky how did the scouting thing go?

I;m terribly behind on the leaving luv I apoligize

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Briannasmom

Stetz, yay for new clothes! How nice of your mom, and it's great that you two had fun together.

Ashley, I think it's safe to cross Skywalker off of your "someday" list. George Lucas's address isn't published, although a few websites speculate which address is his. If they are right, then it's just a giant entry gate that can be seen from the road. He doesn't grant tours. You have to be working for him or shooting a film there to get on the property. I will say that the drive though there reminded me of that one scene in the original Star Wars trilogy when they were on speeders dodging in between trees. Lucas films has a large campus in or near San Fran. I've heard that it is fun to see (it was in an episode of Amazing Race), but I'm not sure if it's still open to the public. I did learn that there are hiking trails very near his property, and it's a beautiful area. DH and I may go back there in the future and hike around.

Mandi, I hope MIL isn't contagious. My MIL never had anything serious, but she couldn't care less about infecting others. It was an issue with her.

Ashley, it sounds like the older girls don't want to be in the dance class. Are their parents forcing them to participate?

My ears are hurting less, and now the glasses are too loose. I thought this might happen. I'm guessing the back of my ears were swollen on Friday. What a bother.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

The scouting thing went well. It was long but the kids were all pretty good.

Today my aunt took the kids to decorate cookies. We wrapped the rest of the presents. Well we forgot to close a certain door and Rachel seen all the presents from Santa. I told her they were ones we were donating. Looks like I get to re wrap them all. I'm so mad at myself.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Oh no, Becky. Quick thinking, though.

DNA301
DNA301 
Queen
DNA301
In response to Luvmyfam

Hiya? Finals start tomorrow...two test tomorrow (Hematology in the morning and Coagulation after lunch)...then one every day this week. I'm going to be very glad when this week ends so I can get my tree up LOL! There was major drama at home today thanks to my sister...today was her birthday and, of course, she went to spend it with her on-again, off-again boyfriend. She told my mother that no one cares about her birthday but him...so my mom turned around and blamed me for that since I didn't go out with her, my sister, and my sister's friends last night to celebrate (I came home from dance to...er...we'll call them girly issues and my bones hurt). I'm a "disappointment" because I won't do things outside my comfort zone. She didn't want to hear two words about me not feeling well.

Stephanie- I'm glad to be free of my white scrubs for a while. Awesomeness on the good time you had with your mom!

Mandi- Snow?! I'm hoping all major snow will stay away until the end of this week LOL!

Jen- As far as I understand, the girls (and one boy) in my 1PM ballet class all want to be there. They're just very immature and feel like, because I'm not "the teacher" they can get away with anything around me.

Today's Elf Adventure...
December Daily Day 9 2012 By DNA301
December Daily Day 9 Journaling By DNA301

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to DNA301

Good morning.

Mandi, glad the toe is a little better, I'm sure it'll be blue for quite a while! Sorry to hear about your MIL.

Jen, ugh on the glasses! Now you'll have to make another trip to get them adjusted again! Hopefully one more will do the trick!

Becky, oh no on Rachel seeing the gifts. When you say re-wrap...do you mean have those be from you and some of the other ones that were from you will now be from Santa? I'm glad the boy scouts thing went well, yes that would've been a long ordeal!

Ashley, sorry about more family drama.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to StarsNSparkles

All the ones from us are already under the tree so I think I'm going to re-wrap them all with different paper. I should go buy some different stuff on my lunch break.

Ashley your sister is a real pill. Just try to ignore it. How old is she anyway? It drives me crazy when adults act like there birthday is some huge deal. Maybe I'm just a grump but I don't think of mine as all that exciting anymore.

We got a bunch of snow here last night. I hate driving in that stuff.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m

hey girls are low here is 3 degrees. Im not used to this cold weather.

We finally got an answer from the bank. ugh this has been a long process. We saved another 25k though. Our paper work is in underwriting. We may sign as early as the end of this week. We will just make it in before Christmas.

Mandi sorry about your mil.

Becky Bummer on rachel seeing the presents. I never thought about the wrapping. I buy 2 rolls and wrap everyones stuff in the same paper. I guess my kids never noticed lol.

Stetz glad you had a great time with your mom and yeah for new clothes.
I have that pinecone die but havent tried it yet.

Jen it sounds like you had another great weekend.

Ashley sorry your family treats you like that. Saddly they will continue to take you for granted until you move out and do more on your own.

We spent the weekend moving stuff around in one of the storage units, so we could get our trailer out. I took dh to see bond. Sunday dh went snowmobiling and then we took the kids to see life of pi. Both movies were boring to me lol. Im not sure why the kids chose that movie. Its to cold to do anything else.

Hi shatema, are you all moved?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics