Username Post: Please help with ideas!        (Topic#1541755)
New Kid On the Block

I have 50 employees that I love. I wanted to make something personal for them. I went back to my scrapbooking roots, and planned on making them something that I could frame for their desks, or hang, or something. I've been wanting a Cricut so used this as an excuse. I brought it home and I've been staring at it for 2 days. I'm overwhelmed trying to thinking of something to make. I want them to know I appreciate them, but 50...yikes! Any ideas?? Thank you so much in advance!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to bearsmama99

Once you decide, after you make one the rest will be easy.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to johnsusan8

How about altered notebooks?? cover the tops with pp and then use the cricut to put names or initials on each? Reasonably priced, and dang cute! You can even put ribbons or fibers on the spiral binding!

Altered Journals By Martica

or maybe an altered frame, if you really want them to be able to put it on their desks,,,,,tons of stuff in the gallery (though I couldnt' find any that were publicly embedded to show you!)

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Oh, and btw, I think it's wonderful that you appreciate your employees,,,,,,,with the economy right now, I can't even BEGIN to tell you how many bosses have the attitude that they don't need to appreciate their employees because there will ALWAYS be someone else willing to do their jobs!

I've said it again and again, that is NOT very forward thinking,,,,,,,employees will forgive you for doing what you must (not giving raises, even lay offs),,,,,,but they will NEVER forgive you for enjoying treating them like carp because you CAN.

My 2 cents,,,,you're wonderful!

latina43
Expert
latina43

GOOD IDEA HOLLY THE NOTE BOOKS SOUND GREAT!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to latina43

I made name signs (put them on small artist canvases) for coworkers a couple years ago. they all loved them. though we were recently ordered to remove them because they're not "professional", since you're the boss I guess you won't have to worry about that!

coworker name sign 2 By Tina Scraps

Meagan By Tina Scraps

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-30-10 03:49 AM
In response to Tina scraps

I don't do a lot of altered projects, but if it is something for their desks, I would think about what kinds of things a person might have in their workspace.

So maybe an altered frame, an altered pencil/pen can, an altered clipboard, an altered notebook (as Holly suggested) or notepad, or other things along those lines.

You could also handmake a card for each one and handwrite a sentiment inside of how much you appreciate them.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to queenofstash

How about altered clipboards if they use them?? You can use the cricut to put their names on them And by using male themed paper, even men might like them

There's tons in the gallery,,,here's one!

Mother's Clip Board I Altered For Mother's Day 2007 By Lauriebird

It might depend on lots of things,,,,how many men vs how many women,,,men and women might like different things, which is why things that are unisex might work well,,,,,pencil holders as someone else suggested,,,,,,altered frames (EVERYONE has pics of family, girl friends, wives, children, mothers)!!

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect

It would be easier to make 50 if they were all the same (or simply different colors) but not cut out each person's name.

How about an "I really appreciate you" handmade card with a $5 giftcard to Starbucks or whereever is close to your work?

If you're set on an object, can you make it say your business name, or an appropriate symbol-- like if you do lawnwork then garden tools, or if it's selling cleaning products, then decorate with mops and brooms. The composition book sounds cute and they're on sale right now for back to school. How about a decorated picture frame? Many people frame pics at work. A Post-it holder? A custom mouse pad?

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

in my humble opinion
you need to be professional. Whatever you do it shouldn't be too personal or too cutesy. And look at your motivation for doing this...
Will you have hurt feelings if you see your gift in the trash the next day? If the answer is yes, then you really need to rethink this.
A giant cake may be a better way to go AND you can even decorate it with Cricut.

I hate to say it but there will be people who think "screw the crafts, just give me the $5 or so it costs you to make this". Hate to be blunt but your good intentions may not be appreciated and don't put these people in the awkard situation that they have to fake it cause you are the boss.

boy I really sound like a meanie... steer you scrapbooking energy and efforts to where it will be appreciated. At work, a giant bowl of candy may be better received.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Wow; thank you guys. Awesome ideas! I actually employee 50 women in a salon, and we are like a giant family. Hard to believe, but true. I am always on the receiving end of their sentimental cards and projects, so just want to return it. For some the meaningful gift will be more important, and for others it will be "real" gifts I give out. Doesn't bother me at all. Thanks again, I feel re-energized and may actually start something today without feeling completely overwhelmed!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

• bearsmama99 Said:
Wow; thank you guys. Awesome ideas! I actually employee 50 women in a salon, and we are like a giant family. Hard to believe, but true. I am always on the receiving end of their sentimental cards and projects, so just want to return it. For some the meaningful gift will be more important, and for others it will be "real" gifts I give out. Doesn't bother me at all. Thanks again, I feel re-energized and may actually start something today without feeling completely overwhelmed!

It sounds like these women WILL appreciate your efforts. My comments were referring more to the standard office situation 50% guys... so nevermind me

Renbear
Diva
Renbear
In response to queenofstash

I know that it was mentioned already, but name plaquards for their workstations might be nice.

Also, do you have a break room? How about decorating a wall in the break room where you can post pictures of them, even pics that you may have of them in out of work settings for everyone to see and enjoy. There are a lot of scrolls, flourishes, flowers, butterflies, and so on that you can cut out to make a scene...

My mind is going crazy for you, I'm working on little gifts right now for my Jane Austen tea this Sunday.

Either way, Have Fun!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Renbear

A group wall is a great idea! I never thought of that, and will have to do it too. I have so many pictures that it will be perfect. And, I can add in all of the cards and notes from clients praising them. Awesome...thank you!!

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack

I'm thinking of a small motivational word in a frame... you know, graphic, colorful and simple. I did this for all of my aunt's (large family) a few years ago and they've all still got them up in their houses. I used words like "pray" "patience" "love" etc (yeah I know it's generic but you can use whatever you can think of).

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics