Username Post: help with ink applicator        (Topic#1541851)
New Kid On the Block

Hello,

I just bought some memento dew drop inks, and I'm looking for an applicator/blender. I've seen fingertip applicators, but don't know their name, or where to get them. (Are they the best I could use anyway?)

all input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks - Laura

Wiser1
Wiser1 
Idol
Wiser1
In response to laurah952

Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Adirondack Alcohol Ink Applicator

I love this and use the foam pads with it - great blending tool

New Kid On the Block
In response to Wiser1

Hi!

Thanks - I saw that inker. (love his distress inks from what I've seen so far) I wasn't sure if the applicator was too big for the dew drop inks. Thanks for the advice! That's what I'll get.

Laura

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to laurah952

I'm not really sure what you're trying to do.

I use the cat eye inks. I have a stylus (handle). I use the ink directly from the pad, no extra applicator. If I'm inking edges, I hold the ink pad to my paper.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

Hello,

Yes, the ink could be used directly from the pad, but I want to be able to pick up ink with an applicator and work with it that way.

Having never used them, I think it will be much easier, and perhaps not get ink from one color pad on another. I've seen them used with the "fingertip" applicators, and loved the way it worked.

Thanks,
Laura

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to laurah952

Maybe you're thinking of "ink daubers?" I'm not sure since I use the cat's eye and just apply them by hand, without a stylus.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to meezerpleaser

I use my cat eyes without the stylus too. Just hold the pad and apply.

I'm obviously just dense.... I don't understand how you would get ink from one color to another? What kinds of things are you going to do?

As Lucinda said, you could use the daubers. Cotton swaps, foam makeup applicators, or a blending tool would also work.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Bxr-Linda

I'm not sure I understand how you're going to get ink from one pad to another either???

New Kid On the Block
In response to Here Kitty

Hello all,

Yes, the dauber. That was what I saw demonstrated w/ the dew drop inks.

I just want to ink the daubers and then apply to my papers. I'm afraid that if I use the dew drops without this tool, I'll mess up the ink pads. i.e. - If I apply a color to paper, and then another, I could end up with "multi-colored" ink on the 2nd ink pad, etc. - does that make sense?

Am I mistaken? Is it unheard of to use a dauber with the dew drop inks? Is it just too easy to use the ink pads by themselves?

Thanks for all your help,
Laura

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to laurah952

I've always just used the inkpads themselves and have never had any problems.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to Here Kitty

I just use my cat's eye inks and just give them a minute or so to dry between different color applications. I've never had a problem with color bleeding onto another ink pad.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics