Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Need pp suggestions        (Topic#1541987)
raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Okay.. I've been perusing the superstore for 2 days now. And I can not find any paper to match- or go well with this photo:

DD and Red Door By Raindancer

I've search and searched. Any suggestions? I need to have something that coordinates with other pps- not just a single sheet- to go with a lift I want to try out.

Help!

paper_obsessed
Veteran
paper_obsessed
In response to raindancer

Try the scrap by color that sb.com offers. It will pull colors from your photo out and match it with papers in the store. Other then that, I don't really know of any pps that would match. I don't really scrap with red.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to paper_obsessed

That tool is next to useless. Sorry sb.com peeps. But it's true.

But I think I might have finally found something that'll do. At least, I hope it will. It wasn't exactly the style pp I had in mind, but I think I can work with it.

Jenni Bowlin's Red and Black Collection.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Here ya go! Check out the 3 LO's in this recent Challenge.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

I think black & white with a splash of red would be really pretty!

By the way, that's an awesome pic!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to KellyCali

I agree, beautiful pic. Depends on the look/feel you want for the LO as to the pp you use. You could go princess with this one, or maybe medevial/goth. Be sure to show us when you're done!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to ScrappyMama6

I was thinking the Once Upon a Time Stack, something from that stack maybe,,,,,but I love tha tstack anyway

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to CommaHolly

I also thought of the Once Upon a Time Stack. I wouldn't necessarily use red in the paper, because I wouldn't want it to compete with that fabulous pic.

Good luck, and make sure to post the LO when you're done.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

I agree about the red,,,,,,,I'd use one of the castle pics myself, for that fabulous picture!

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to CommaHolly

Beautiful photo!
I agree... Once Upon a Time stack. Maybe like Holly suggested, the castle page... bring out the red of the door by highlighting the stone wall.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to Hey Jude

i have a k and company pad that has this really pretty paper that would go with it. it is called the best of k and company. i bought it like 8 or 9 months ago, so i don't know if it is still available... but there's all kinds of paper pads out there... take your pic with you to a craft store and use that against different pads of paper.... that'll do the trick

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to flutterbye0419

Hmm.. you guys have got me thinking. So you think it'd be a better idea to go with mainly b&w and just splash on some red here and there? Those LOs in the challenge are SO striking! But the photos are b&w so it works really well.

Back to the drawing board..

lstory 
Mayor

There's so much red in the pic I'd definitely use it just as an accent, not the main color of your background or pp or whatever. You could use blues or greys, too. The bottom left corner of the pic and around the door frame looks blue-grey to me. Those hinges are just screaming for some TH embellishments, aren't they?

Lisa

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to lstory

How about the Breathless collection? (lovely picture by the way)
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by kariyava on 09-02-10 07:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sparky003
Guru
Sparky003
In response to kariyava

I thought of a paper as soon as I saw your picture! I looked for it on the superstore but it's not there...it's a Glitz Design Distressed Couture (the Vines one)...http://www.glitzitnow.com/glitz-products.php

The picture is a little deceiving though, my paper has a lot more black! It has a nice medieval gothic feel.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Sparky003

There's a newish MME line that's black/grey/white and very dreamy/ethereal. I think it's called Meadowlark. I used a sheet of it for my steampunk page last month. Shoulda bought more...

Lisa

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to lstory

I agree, don't use red in the paper.
I LOVE that photo!

I did a scrapbook when I first started of my parents' wedding photos. They got married in December, and the bridesmaids wore red velvet dresses and carried red bouquets. I bought red rose paper and intended to use red, black and white. It looked TERRIBLE!
My mom bought a K&CO. album and matching papers (I think it was hydrangeas or something). Very muted beige and pinks. I HATED it! (I would never have chosen it.) Mom really liked the album and papers, so I used it. It turned out very nice. The papers didn't detract from the photos and the colors allowed the red in the pictures to really stand out.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 09-02-10 08:54 AM
In response to Bxr-Linda

Another MME line that just came out has some really nice blacks and reds. It's called Lost and Found.

scharnack
Veteran
scharnack
In response to Rae_M

Depending on what the LO you're trying to lift looks like I would use the red. I found this pack from Fancy Pants that has just a smidge of red in it but is still really girlly.
http://store.scrapbook.com/fp-065.html?t2=paper&t3=...

Resident
In response to scharnack

A gorgus photo! Matt it in red, to make that color pop like it does in the pic. For background papers use blacks in different shades and then contrast it with some white. Whatever you choose to do it's an awfully cool pic!

armyscraper
Veteran
armyscraper
In response to eyescrapp

Very beautiful photo. When my dh and I were married one of our photos had a red door. I did my photo album in black and white.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics