Username Post: Mini album experts...        (Topic#1542129)
purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple

I have only made one mini album and it was a kit. But now I'm going to attempt to make one on my own and am wondering a couple of things...

first, I used zip dry to adhere the paper to the chipboard and it seemed to work well, but what is a good adhesive for your pics?

second, I'm going to paint some of the pages and use pp on others, but I'm worried about the paint and embellies scratching my pics. Have you had any problems with that?

third, it's for my baby sister's senior year so got any good embellie suggestions? I've gotten a pennant in her school colors, the letters that look like school letters "U H S". Any other sugguestions or page title ideas?

Thanks!

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to purpledurple

For my last mini I used double sided tape and it worked a treat, but usually I use Anita's Tacky Glue to adhere pps.
Products Referenced in This Post:

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SuperAllyFan

I use Terriffically Tacky tape or my ATG to adhere photos, depending on the paper

As for suggestions, use ribbon, embellies and flowers in her school colors!!!! Mini books are such FUN!!!!!

I try and put my embellies in areas where they won't crush or scratch the photos, but it does happen,,,,it's the nature of most minis,,,,but they are so much fun they make up for it

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

Also, bingo cards, tags you can stamp and emboss, pockets for holding items such as concert or prom tickets,,,,bling, girls love bling Have fun, most of all!

night owl scrapper
Resident
night owl scrapper

I use tacky tape too, love it, use it on everything when I make minis. Usually my minis are second albums to my main album and I am not as concerned on scrapes and such, never really seen much damage, and I embellish heavily!

katie777
Diva
katie777

I LOVE making mini albums!!!! I just finished a few of them and will be uploading in the next few days. Go get some inspiration!

I have been using Elmer's tape runner. I get it at Walmart and I LOVE it!!!! I use it on all my paper and pictures whether it is doing a lo or a mini album. And it is very reasonable.

I have never had any problems with the pictures getting scratched. I don't put pictures on the back page just to insure that the pic doesn't get scratched or damaged from being slid around on the table or wherever it may be. I usually put a journaling tag or a poem or something along that idea.

Embellishments: What is she into at school? Cheer-leading, sports etc. There are Jolee's that are good for those types of things. I love using charms.

Good luck!!!!!!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to katie777

I used the 3L adhesive runner double sided tape stuff.

Edited by Just G on 09-03-10 07:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to Just G

Thanks for all the suggestions...it's just hard for me to make a whole album without any pics. Since school is just starting don't have any! Plus I want to get it done and give it to her so she can add pics as the year goes by instead of waiting till after graduation. Just waiting for the 8x8 chipboard I ordered.

katie777
Diva
katie777

One of the things I love to do with mini albums is to add pockets with tags. I was having a problem getting the pocket to stay adhered to the background paper once I put the tags in so I lined the edges of the pocket with glue dot strips. It works so good!!!! I am not having the pocket lift like before.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics