Username Post: Hands free kit        (Topic#1542179)
alysse
alysse 
Guru
alysse

Anyone have the hands free kit for the slice? Thinking about getting it, but want to hear some feedback.
Products Referenced in This Post:

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to alysse

yea i have it. and i love it i can do whatever i want i can be work on a layout while it cuts

Lindy_Pop
Veteran
Lindy_Pop
In response to southern lady

I have it too, love it! It came out just after I got my Slice so it was perfect for me because I kept forgetting to hold the Slice down while it cut. I love the bit 12x12 glass and if your working on a larger size paper but the tack is getting low under it the magnets help to hold it in place too.

daphne1955
New Kid On the Block
daphne1955
In response to Lindy_Pop

I've been wanting the hands free kit...so glad to see that others like it. Now I won't feel so bad about paying $$ for it!

Legomom
Expert
Legomom
In response to daphne1955

I have it and can't imagine using my Slice without it now! It has really improved my cutting... I am realizing that in the past, any problems I have had with wonky cuts,etc.. has been 'user error' in my case. Because since I got the Hands Free unit, I haven't had any probs. And that magnet is STRONG!!! It is amazing!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to Legomom

yea i love mine use it alot

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to southern lady

I absolutely LOVE my hands free. It is worth the money in my opinion. Like Angela, I haven't had issues with wonky cuts since.

New Kid On the Block
In response to fknapoleon

I bought a hands free kit and have what is probably a stupid question. I can't get my slice to sit permanently in the square part that's supposed to go around your slice - does that make sense? And, it doesn't cut when I try to use it - it seems like the part that goes around the slice raises it enough that the blade doesn't reach the paper. I am frustrated, can anyone help? Even without the hands free kit my Slice is giving me fits lately. I can't count on it to cut correctly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Recently I wanted to cut on some glitter paper but it wouldn't cut it properly and I resorted to using plain cardstock. Frankly, I'm embarrassed to bring my Slice to crops anymore - all my friends have a Cricut and I'm about ready to switch to some other diecut machine - but I hate to as I've already invested quite a bit in Slice discs!

Edited by mhector on 12-18-10 10:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to mhector

Looks like I will have to get this new accessory as well.

keilla
keilla 
Veteran
keilla
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I do have the hands free mat and I love it. I've only used my Slice a couple of times, but seems like it cuts great. Hopefully I don't run into the issues many others have. Crossing my fingers.

REHAB LADY
Resident
REHAB LADY
In response to keilla

I bought the handsfree kialong with the drawing tips and have a re-newed enthusiasm for my SLICE. I'm also stocking uo on blades whenever I can but I really think the key to a great cut is the heavy magnet. Now that I have a dedicated scrapbook area, away from the dining area I'm able to leave my large mat out but covered with no difficulties. I can use it more regularly.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to REHAB LADY

I am so glad I got the hand free kit. I had seen it right before a CK convention came to my area. I looked at it there but got it cheaper by wathcing the Mike's ad and buying it at 40% off. I never use the original that came with my Slice. I love the Slice!!!!!

ljmorganx2
Expert
ljmorganx2
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I love the Hands Free Kit. It is fantastic. I got it online for $12.99.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to ljmorganx2

I love the hands free kit!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics