Username Post: Album Cover        (Topic#1542207)
GradRNnNC
Tenant
GradRNnNC

I want to convert over to a D-Ring Album for my dimensional LO's. But, they are all so plain. Has anyone covered and decoupaged their album? I would love to hear what others do!

AmyWho
AmyWho 
Mayor
AmyWho
In response to GradRNnNC

I like the American Crafts fabric covered ones with embroidered stuff on them. I could have great intentions on fancying up a plain one but I know I'd never get to it.

GradRNnNC
Tenant
GradRNnNC
In response to AmyWho

Thanks,
I'll check into those.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to GradRNnNC

The ones I use are the leather. NO, I have not (and would NOT) decorate or alter them.
I think they are very classy all by themselves.

The fabric ones may be more conducive to altering or decorating. You can buy the "customizable" ones.

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Bxr-Linda

I just customized a red leather d ring album. I cut white vinyl and placed it on the front. I love it. It really toned down the RED! Which was what I wanted to do.

ScrapbookingPunches
New Kid On the Block
ScrapbookingPunches
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
The ones I use are the leather. NO, I have not (and would NOT) decorate or alter them.
I think they are very classy all by themselves.

The fabric ones may be more conducive to altering or decorating. You can buy the "customizable" ones.

Totally agree!

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to ScrapbookingPunches

I made covers from material for a couple of my Christmas albums. I just hemed all around the piece of material (cut to size) then sewed the ends over about 4 inches to make a pocket to slip the album front and back in. This worked just sort-of OK, but not the greatest. The material slips & slides around when you pick the album up. It would work better to actually glue the material down firmly cover the sides.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics