Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Question ladies....        (Topic#1542239)
mrs.farmer
Veteran
mrs.farmer

Does anyone have a themed scrapbook room?? I am doing the balck silver and pink and I am having a hard time finding the right accesories

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to mrs.farmer

not me -- I stole the playroom from my children -- so it's boys blue!

mrs.farmer
Veteran
mrs.farmer
In response to ncyankee

Mine is just right off the girls room so an added plus I can monitor them while scrapping lol

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Maybe you could add a fourth color if that would help. Mine is black, green and tan. I can always find stuff in those colors. I have a lot of baskets. Could you spray paint some baskets?

mrs.farmer
Veteran
mrs.farmer
In response to 950nancy

great idea actually! Ill check it out!

irisheyes3
Resident
irisheyes3

How about some metal storage tins and small buckets with handles?

Tenant

My scrap room is light lime and dark brown. I love the outdoors and took inspiration from an Ikea print of a wheat field that I bought a few years ago.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to darcieerin

I have dark eggplant (purple) walls and zebra-stripe accents. There are some photos in my gallery.

I would think it would be easy to find black, silver and pink. What kinds of things are you looking for that you can't seem to find?
I would make or alter things to suit you and your colors.
Have fun!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I would think it would be easy to find black, silver and pink. What kinds of things are you looking for that you can't seem to find?
I would make or alter things to suit you and your colors.
Have fun!

Exactly what she said! Pink is a pretty common color.

For the pink part, there are many tools that come in pink.

As for the black check Walmart's office supply section, as well as their home decor section.

And for the silver (& also more black) check Target's office supply section. 2 aisles over from that, they usually have Paris, shoes, purses, Rome, architectural-type decorations & themes. Also, Bed, Bath & Beyond & IKEA are great places to find things that come in both silver & black (clocks, lamps, trashcans, etc.)
Products Referenced in This Post:
Croppin Cutie - Catch All (Discontinued)

TheHappyCat
Tenant
TheHappyCat
In response to KellyCali

I scrap in a tiny room with one picture on the wall and a basement window, lol. But an entire themed room sounds awesome!

randasue
Guru
randasue
In response to TheHappyCat

a can of spray paint can be your best friend.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to randasue

Yeah on the paint. My room is pink, black & gray. I just spray painted an big old picture frame black. I then covered some cork with black & white print fabric to make my own bulletin board. I think it turned out so pretty!

stephie056
Veteran
stephie056
In response to flintridgescrapper

My scrap room is pink, black, silver, and white... there is a ton of things out there that are these colors you just have to be patient to find them and keep your eyes open.... i've altered a lot of things to make them match the room!! Enjoy the process it's a lot of fun creating your dream scrap room!!!!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to stephie056

I wish I knew whose it was, but I saw photos of a pink/black/silver scrap room. She had decorated it in "French" style - a black Eiffel Tower painted on one wall, and had made adorable black/white "awnings" to hang over the windows. Someone here will recognize it, I'm sure, and direct you to her photos. It was adorable!

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

There are lots of silver and black office supplies in the office aisles at the stores. Also, I have seen lots of college accessories in hot pinks and other colors so you may find accessories in those aisles but I would hurry. I've even seen pillows, blankets, etc. so you could really hit the jackpot if you find the right color in those departments. HTH!

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to ScrappinMom4

My scraproom is a mish mash of things and styles! I can't seem to pick one and stick with it! I collect Raggedy Ann stuff, so they're all over the room. I like shabby chic but don't have much in that decor. The things I really want won't fit in my room. Then I see pink and lime green accessories that I like, so I have some of that too! Good luck with your decorating. Show us some pics when you're done!

-Mary

melissa*l
Pro
melissa*l
In response to Mary W.

pottery barn kids has a bunch of cute pink stuff to check out!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to randasue

• randasue Said:
a can of spray paint can be your best friend.

Thinking the same thing.....check out thrift stores and yard sales for stuff to repurpose. Like a mug tree with assorted mugs to horizontally store your markers, etc...Have Fun!

SwirlyGirl
Veteran
SwirlyGirl
In response to ScrappyMama6

My walls are a light blue with clouds painted along the top of the walls. Everything else in the room is silver and white. I've been able to spray paint anything I couldn't find in my colors.

KathieKreates
Veteran
KathieKreates
In response to SwirlyGirl

My room has cream walls, matches the rest of the basement. I hope to paint it some day. For now I have purple, silver, white, and black "accessories". I even spray painted my tabletop purple with Krylon plastic paint. I have "altered" or painted items to fit my colors. I would suggest altering what you have or what you find. "Armygirl" has many items in her room (see her gallery) that she has altered to fit her color scheme.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics