Username Post: Neat & Classy?! >.<        (Topic#1542333)
Ninerkins
Resident
Ninerkins

I didn't know where to put this really, because the "other crafts" section doesn't include anything close to what I'm making. But its still scrapbook style. o.<

I've been asked to make a journal for my friend's wife. This is really hard to do since I don't know her and what she really likes. I've been trolling her facebook to figure it out, but I can't! He told me "Maybe just something that looks neat & classy. I'd say no ribbons or frilly stuff though. Thanks a lot for making it, her birthday is September 29th so it'd be cool if I could give it to her then but don't rush to get it done by then, I'm getting her another gift too."

...I haven't even STARTED on it yet because I don't even know what would be considered "neat & classy"
Does anyone have any suggestions? =[

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ninerkins

oh boy, hum,,,,can you find out what her fav coor is from your friend?? That might help you,,,,

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

oh, and try the gallery and plug in ALTERED JOURNALS....that might help too!

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane

Neat and classy to me means things like maybe, pinstripes, neutral colors, clean lines...I dunno. LOL!

This is hard! I agree with Holly...find out her favorite colors if you can. If you have access to her facebook ask one of her closer friends.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Penny Lane

I think these two stacks are neat and classy,,,,

Ninerkins
Resident
Ninerkins

I'm considering going with black and white. Its hard to go wrong with black and white...
Ooh, and maybe with silver brads!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I have both of those and I would go with the luxury stack, all the paper is shimmery and subtle. I like the linen stack but not as much.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to Ninerkins

Black, white and gray -- with touches of color? Finding out her favorite color would help, but otherwise you could just go with neutrals and a clean and simple scrapping style. They've got plenty of examples in the Gallery, if you search under Clean and Simple.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to meezerpleaser

When I hear neat and classy I think of blacks, whites and grays, paisley and stripes, ribbons-not necessarily bows-and perhaps a monogram in favorite colors.

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to MrsAnnieS

Start the bones of the book, that can be difficult for a non scrapper to figure out what things to scrap......

start each page then by making an obvious place for pics....add a title, and make a spot for jouranling but do it dif. on each page then in the plastic add a sanwitch bag of embellies to match the LO so that she could finish and feel like she did some of it.......Maybe you could fully do a page or two to give her an idea.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to jennaroo

Try searching Clean & Simple or Classic

Or do a word search for Elegant or Linear

Clean & Simple Style

Go into the gallery tab, choose layouts, then Styles, then clean & simple or classic.

I like black white silver and purples

Edited by Just G on 09-07-10 11:19 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MommyMarci
Queen
MommyMarci
In response to Just G

If it were me I'd like to maybe see some pictures of her, to get an idea of how she dresses. That seems like it would give you a good idea of what *she* considers classy, since it can mean different things to different people.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to MommyMarci

That's a great idea - to see how she dresses. "Neat and classy" sounds vaguely preppy to me - you know, pressed khakis, tailored white shirt with a sweater or cardigan thrown around the shoulders and a string of pearls.

Lisa

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to lstory

• Ninerkins Said:
I didn't know where to put this really, because the "other crafts" section doesn't include anything close to what I'm making. But its still scrapbook style. o.<

I've been asked to make a journal for my friend's wife. This is really hard to do since I don't know her and what she really likes. I've been trolling her facebook to figure it out, but I can't! He told me "Maybe just something that looks neat & classy. I'd say no ribbons or frilly stuff though. Thanks a lot for making it, her birthday is September 29th so it'd be cool if I could give it to her then but don't rush to get it done by then, I'm getting her another gift too."

...I haven't even STARTED on it yet because I don't even know what would be considered "neat & classy"

I just did a craft show a couple weeks ago. Here are a couple of the altered journals I did. Maybe they'll give you a little inspiration.

Edited by cat_woman on 09-07-10 02:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-07-10 03:40 PM
In response to Ninerkins

• Ninerkins Said:

I think language is very important. In Kiwi neat and classy means

Neat = fun and bold.

Classy = Kitche and looking something slightly like a boudoir.

So if somebody asks me for neat and classy I pull out the Hawaiian prints, bright oranges and bling.

And I haven't been wrong yet.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics