Username Post: busy paper---HELP        (Topic#1542347)
Resident

What are some ideas to do with really pretty busy paper. The kind you want to use but you dont want to cover up either????

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to ascott007

Use it for a negative space lo and then you'd be leaving most of it uncovered.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to ascott007

I have used it as a border on a solid piece of cardstock. I just cut or tear a strip however wide I want and then adhere it to the cardstock. I have also used it to back titles, journal blocks etc... just used a wider edge around them so you can see the pattern. You can also use it in blocking (cutting squares/rectangles of different papers and adhering them to the background)

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to CatScrapsHere

Here are some examples from my gallery.

The Fruits of our Labor By CatScrapsHere

Love U Easily By CatScrapsHere

Snow Grill By CatScrapsHere

Band Concert By CatScrapsHere

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to CatScrapsHere

busy paper makes great looking letters. You can mat with some and put all on a solid. or You can use 1/2 or 1/4 pg solid and 1/2 or 1/4 pg busy.

if the busy pattern has a shape- like a flower, tree,etc- you can cut out a shaped piece and pot dot over another page with the patterned shape.

if the busy pattern is a swirl you can cut around one side of the swirl and stick a photo's corner into the cut.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to wilbur

I just layer it with a ton of OTHER busy paper, of course

lstory 
Mayor
In response to CommaHolly

If you look at Websters Pages or other elaborate pp in the superstore and look at the sample layouts, you'll notice how many people seem to cut out elements from the papers and use parts of the papers rather than the whole piece.

In fact, if the paper you want to use is relatively new, try searching for it in the Superstore. You may find some ideas in the examples people have linked.

Lisa
Products Referenced in This Post:

Mix-on the Memories
Diva
Mix-on the Memories
In response to CommaHolly

I flower punch or cut a lot of flower with the Cricut and put them into my flower jar to be used when making cards or for any kind of embellishment.

Resident
In response to Mix-on the Memories

thanks guys!!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to ascott007

I MAY JUST USE AS STRIPS OF PAPER.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to Mia1979

NEUTRALIZE IT! That is what I do. Surround it with a neutral tone, it cools it down immediately. Test it out on different neutrals to see what has the best result.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to ascott007

Use a big piece behind a matted picture with other complementary pp's.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to meezerpleaser

check out the ugly paper challenge. that has a lot of good examples of people using paper that is "difficult"

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics