Username Post: PLEASE RECOMEND....        (Topic#1542654)
jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo

Pretty sb paper for wedding album. I have been looking at dcvw black currant and la creme. Still unsure.....

If it helps pics are blk and wt and my wedding colors were dusty antique purple.

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to jennaroo

I used La Creme on my DDs album, take a look in my gallery to see some of the pps in use.

alarae
alarae 
Diva
alarae
In response to jennaroo

if your photos are black and white, I for sure wouldn't use the la creme collection, your pictures might get lost in the black and creme colors. I really like the black currant collection especially if you said that your wedding colors were a purple color.

I would use anything with color if the photos are black and white.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to alarae

Do not use the La Creme, I loved that stack and then I did a small gift album for a friends wedding (8x8). I am so sick of cream and black, it was the same two colors over and over no different shades etc. I have seen the black current and it looks really nice.

okispice
Mayor
okispice
In response to CorrieW

Try the Basic Gregy Cappella collection. lovely stuff!

lstory 
Mayor
In response to okispice

I absolutely agree with Amy: if your pics are black and white, don't use black and white papers. Since you don't have to worry about colors clashing with your photos, the sky's the limit as to what papers you use. (Well, I mean, you know, within reason. You probably don't want to use Christmas or Halloween or football papers...)

Lisa

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to lstory

What if I did the pics in sephia instead of black and white would the la creme work then?

I am def leaning towards the la creme....I showed DH the blk currant and the la creme and he liked la creme too, I love the blk currant and it was my top choice due to color scheme, but it has alot of papers I'm not sure I know how to work with in there. Usually I'm not a scrapper that keeps albums one color scheme, but I want to on my wedding album.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to jennaroo

the Capella papers from Basic Grey will work great with yer photo's. They have lighter paper and darker, with antique green and purple and pink as main colors.I've added some of the items from the collection. Also, I think if you would look at the K&Company Anchestery collection, you would find some suitable papers. Dusty antique purple shouldnt be too hard to find in papers. Black n white photo's are ment to stand out between colors, and the purple with the blacks n creams would be a great touch. ALtho it can get too monotone. I've used the Capella papers on a recent wedding card and I used the green and pink as main colors. The darker papers out the collection are more purple based... have a look...
Products Referenced in This Post:

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to TheCharmedOne

I'm liking the Cappella line, too. It's got enough color to bring out your photos, but not so much color that it'll overwhelm them, and isn't so neutral that the photos will get lost. That's my vote, for what it's worth!

rockmom
Queen
rockmom
In response to meezerpleaser

Here is a lo using la creme. Granted my photos are color but still you can add any accent color you want to add a little color pizzaz to your lo.

Congratulations By Rockmom

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to rockmom

I have been using a lot of random darker pp.
BasicGrey - Eva Collection - has pretty richer colors in it like purples. I used it some in my album.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Resident
In response to Richelle

Creative Memories had Romance paper and it goes beautifully. Very muted colors that would add to the black and white photos. They have like a vintage theme. I'm sure you could find it on line if thy still carry it. I used it for my older sons wedding.

madscrappertoo..
Queen
madscrappertoo..
In response to eyescrapp

bo bunniew new line.. that light purple.. yummy with black and white

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to madscrappertoo..

Ladies thanks for all your help.....I ended up purchasing the la creme. I think it wil work best for the type of wedding I had. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Alot of you said my photos will get lost so I will just have to be more creative so that doesn't happen. I also think I will reprint my pics in sephia instead of using blk an wt.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to jennaroo

perhaps, to prevent them from getting lost, use the antique dusty purple as a matting color for your photo's... it'll give a nice touch and makes them stand out more.

akentuckygal
Diva
akentuckygal
In response to TheCharmedOne

Depending on the colors in your wedding party but I have been doing a lot of wedding layouts with TCP, GCD and MME

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics