Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: It gripes my cookies        (Topic#1542730)
meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I've been looking through the gallery for almost an hour now, and it seems like everything I look at -- be it LO or card -- has no description on it or even a simple list of the products used. I saw a perfectly beautiful reindeer card... do I know where to get it (Cricut?) or how to make it (on chipboard or not)? Noooooo! I can see people not being detailed about their list (I can never remember what kind of pp I use) but I wish that they'd remember that there are those of us who are clueless out here and want to know more about your wonderful LO/card!!

My cookies have now finished being griped. Thank you for your attention to this small rant.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to meezerpleaser

I understand your feelings and certainly get the need to rant every now and then...but as a person who never includes details such as that let me say that it takes time to list those things and I honestly doubt the dozen or so people who look at my stuff care much. If they did they can always pm me and ask specific questions which I would be happy to answer as best I can.

Really I do get it though. I love to scraplift and its so much easier if they tell me exactly what I need to know or what exactly that swirl or flower is.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to disneylisa

hhmmm I've never heard of cookies being griped

I see both ways - sometimes I wish I knew what products someone used, but I also know it takes time to list it all. I try to list them many times, but don't always have the time or patience.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Tina scraps

you can always message the scrapper and ask them what they used!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Tina scraps

I list my products as I scrap. I have a pad of paper dedicated to it.

I often buy products or scraplift something because of the products listed.

I think it is a good idea to list your products - not long ago, I got a new computer. Had I not listed my fonts along the way, I wouldn't know what they were called so that I could download them again onto the new computer.

candy.queen
Expert
candy.queen
In response to Just G

I always used to detail how I'd done something but stopped as I thought people would think I was rambling...

Richelle
Angel
Richelle
In response to candy.queen

I list what I remember. I hardly have time to scrap to begin with so the last thing on my mind is worrying about what products I am using.
I don't think I have ever seen something on a layout and not been able to figure out where to get it or something similiar.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to candy.queen

Ramble away!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I list my products as I scrap. I have a pad of paper dedicated to it.

I often buy products or scraplift something because of the products listed.

I think it is a good idea to list your products - not long ago, I got a new computer. Had I not listed my fonts along the way, I wouldn't know what they were called so that I could download them again onto the new computer.

I have a section in a three ring binder where I have all of my fonts printed in their font so that I can see what style font I want to use and access it quickly once I turn on my computer. I thought I was just being OCD when I did this, didn't realize anyone else did the same thing.

Lots of times I might not list all of my products because I am guilty of stashing supplies for a long time before using it and then forgetting what line the paper came from.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

- I think many scrappers in the middle of mass-producing are either in a hurry or quite frankly just don't have the time.

- I'm split on the details. I do love to know, but then again, I don't always have to know.

- As already mentioned above, I'm sure if you leave a message on their front page or pm the scrapper (vs. their Gallery where they might miss it), they would almost always be more than willing to tell you about their project, the products they used & or the process.

- One last tip is to check their front page for a blog link, which usually includes all the good details!

Hope That Helps!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to KellyCali

When I scraplift my intention usually isn't make an exact replica. I usually take one or two elements and try to use those in my layouts. I got the book Lifted free when I ordered back in July, great book that explains just that concept.
Products Referenced in This Post:

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

When I get new supplies I immediately take them out of their packaging and put them away. Most of the time I don't have a clue what I have or even where I got it. I'm even guilty of snipping off that nice information strip some PP dealers include.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to dwelch

I'm pretty much in Lucinda's camp here. I always take a few moments to link the products I've used and a brief (or sometimes not-so-brief) description of what I did or the journaling or something. Otherwise I feel like I'm just tossing my project out there, naked in the wilderness. I do this for two reasons: I enjoy reading about other people's cards and layouts, and also it's helpful to me when I can't remember a specific product but know I've used it in the past. I can go back through my gallery and find what I'm looking for.

Lisa

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-13-10 03:35 PM

I sort my papers by manufacturer not by what style the PP is. So I don't upload many traditional layouts because I don't know what I have used.

Sarahcuda
Tenant
Sarahcuda
In response to Obi

I don't care so much about listing products, but I do like it when people write out thier journaling if it isn't readable in the scan of the layout. I hate seeing a cool LO but not being able to get the story/explanation of what it is about

chicarella
Expert
chicarella
In response to Sarahcuda

I don't list what I've used because most of it is no longer available so what would be the point? If it is a newer product, I do list it.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to chicarella

I don't mention it much because I'm most of the time using all of my very very old stuff. But, I'm always willing to answer questions including what color copics I use.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Sneezy1956

I understand the frustration. One thing you can do if there is something you really like, PM that person and ask. Everyone is really nice here and I have never once had someone deny my requst when asking about their LOs.

I try to remember to do this but I often forget..

ehammann
Veteran
ehammann

I don't have the majority of my products listed because I'm lucky I get the time to upload them here to share with you ladies. However, anyone is more than welcome to ask me, because I do list each of my products out in a notebook I have with all of my layouts listed. I am also in the process of attaching notecards to the backs of each layout with my supplies listed. I'm sorry I don't do it, but you can always ask me!

Audrey04
Resident
Audrey04
In response to ehammann

I don't even know what products are used because first thing I do is rip them out of the packages and put them in my bins. I really couldn't care less who made the product.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics