Username Post: Need a new 12 inch trimmer and want some suggestions        (Topic#1542834)
suznut
suznut 
Veteran
suznut

I need a new 12 inch trimmers and want some ideas on which one to get. I used to have the original CM one but had given it to my sister a long time ago, so I went to the fiskars one and replaced that one a while back and the new fiskars one I have just gave out.....soooooooooooooooooo I'm wondering do I go back to a CM one or is there something out there worth considering....

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to suznut

I started with a standard paper cutter but just didn't like it, I now have a 12x12" rotating self healing cutting mat that is actually used for quilting, but the size is perfect for trimming paper. Then I use a 6"x12" clear quilting ruler and a rotary cutter. This works really well for me and I've found that it is quite worth the money.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to MrsAnnieS

I took the suggestions of several people on here and bought a cutterpede. I also bought all the cutting blades that go with it.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Rosita

Everyone has different preferences, so you are bound to get a variety of responses!

I love my Fiskars trimmers. I always get a good cut with the ones listed below. They are also lightweight. Drawbacks are the "no mans land" area. There are areas that have no markings (around 4.75" on the larger cutter, and 3.73" on the smaller).

I loved my cutterpede, but it frequently gave me crooked cuts. I think because the bend in the extended arm would loosen up.

I have the expensive Memory Makers trimmer, but gave up on it when it squealed like a stuck pig. MM was great and sent me a replacement, but after about 50 cuts, it was squealing, too. Plus it was heavy.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Luvmyfam

i myself have always used the fiskars. It serves my simple need. And i can find the replacement blades cheap and where ever most scrapping products are sold.

Edited by Just G on 09-14-10 07:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Just G

I love my MM trimmer! It's heavy, but that means it's solid, and it's not going anywhere! Yeah, it squeals, but it's easily fixed with some WD40 run along the groove and rubbed with a soft cloth! Works to silent mine every single time!

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to CommaHolly

I have a Carl and I love it! I don't have the 12" like you see below, but it's basically the same thing, just not as wide.
Products Referenced in This Post:

massadmomma
Veteran
massadmomma
In response to CatScrapsHere

I'm with Rosita! LOVE my Cutterpede!
It will cut through just about anything!

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to massadmomma

Another happy Fiskars girl here.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Hey Jude

I have the same fiskars as Judy and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I know there are many who say that it doesn't cut straight, I haven't ever had that problem and I've only ever owned this cutter! I've had it AT LEAST 10 years!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics