Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: In search of a stronger adhesive!        (Topic#1542872)
MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

Grr! I'm just about out of adhesive (which isn't a reason to growl) and need to pick up more. I'm growling because I've recently been made aware (by looking back in my albums) that what I've been using evidently doesn't stick for the long run. Since I need to buy new, I'm willing to explore other options.

What I use now is listed below (the red one).

What I'm thinking of getting is the Glue Glider Pro. Has anyone used it? Does the adhesive work long-term?

I know the ATG would be best, but it's not an option I can persue just yet. If you don't like the Glue Glider, what else could you recommend that will hold nearly forever?

TIA

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to MommaSaid

From what I've heard of the glue glider, the adhesive refills are really really expensive!!! I'm not sure you should invest in a gun that you won't be happy with for the long run.

I have an ATG and its sooo hard not to recommend it...lol! The pink one is quite a bit cheaper too! I'm not sure how much a glue glider is though.

I love Aleene's glues for flowers and heavy embellishments.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to MommaSaid

Have you considered a liquid glue? It's my understanding that Zip Dry works well and doesn't cause the paper to buckle. I took the plunge and got the ATG about a year ago and I'm so glad I did. The Glue Glider doesn't appear to get much more adhesive than a regular tape roller.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to StarsNSparkles

Anne, I don't know anything about the ProGlider, and I'm not in a position to pursure the ATG right now either, but I really like the Tombow runner. It sticks tight!

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui

I know you said you weren't interested in the ATG, but I swear it's the best tape runner out there. Michael's has a 50% off coupon floating out there which makes the pink ATG about $15. It's well worth the money. Other than that, my favorite liquid glue is the Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive.

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to Kamananui

Kelly, I'm going to be looking for that coupon and the pink ATG! Thanks for the heads up.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Hey Jude

I have the ATG and Glue Glider...both have really STRONG adhesive. The intial price of the ATG is more than the Glue Glider, but the refills as others have mentioned for the GG costs more (one $8.99)...

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Hey Jude

Thanks Jude! I decided to go through and add some product links so I can research a few of their goods to consider.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid

• Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:

I have an ATG and its sooo hard not to recommend it...lol! The pink one is quite a bit cheaper too! I'm not sure how much a glue glider is though.

Aleene's.....OH!! That have that at J's, don't they?! That I could work with. I'll also look at the price diff b/n the ATG regular vs pink.

Thank you!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to traceyjean

• traceyjean Said:
Have you considered a liquid glue? It's my understanding that Zip Dry works well and doesn't cause the paper to buckle. I took the plunge and got the ATG about a year ago and I'm so glad I did. The Glue Glider doesn't appear to get much more adhesive than a regular tape roller.

Good points all around! Someday I'll be geeked to own an ATG, but I just can't right now.

My thinking with the glider is that I could at least use a 40% coupon locally to cut the price down.

I'll check into the wet glue you recommended, too. Thank you!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to MommaSaid

for embellis i swear by diamond glaze or glue dots for heavier cardstock.

Edited by Just G on 09-15-10 08:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Just G

I use the Glue Glider Pro and Zip Dry a LOT. If you have a store that sells the GGP and takes coupons, just wait till they're half off.
It's the strongest adhesive I've used in a smaller gun by far!

Zip Dry is also a big fav, I couldn't scrap without it.

Expert
In response to Just G

I used the Glue Glider Pro before finally switching to the ATG. Initially I loved the GGP because it seemed to be very strong, but then I switched to the dotted kinds (not the little strips of adhesive) and started having problems, BUT I think part of that was because my scrap room is in the basement and it gets very cold down there. I've never gone back through the LOs that I did when I first got the GGP to see how they are holding up, should think about that.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to MommaSaid

• MommaSaid Said:
  • Scrap-a-Shop-a-Holic Said:

Aleene's.....OH!! That have that at J's, don't they?! That I could work with. I'll also look at the price diff b/n the ATG regular vs pink.

Thank you!

J's has it as does WM...which is nice for me b/c its a quick trip for a refill.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD

The pink ATG gun is supposed to be at Michael's, and you're supposed to be able to use coupons on it. If that's true, you can get it for less than $20.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to HollyD

I use the Glue Glider pro and like it. I also still like my Hermafix tabs but I'm trying to wean to the pro--

I got the refills very cheap from an EBAY seller, pscheff105.
The listings say: 6 Glue Glider Pro Refills You Choose High Tac or Perma $35.70 with free shipping. That's $5.95 each. I thought that was really reasonable.

For liquid glue, nothing beats "The Best Glue Ever" by ScraPerfect--for embellies and paper. Dimensional adhesives just don't dry fast enough for me and aren't tacky enough until they're really dry--so stuff moves around which is annoying to me. I don't use liquid glue on pics though. (Why? Not sure but I've always done tape runner for pics. Hmmm)

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 09-15-10 11:06 AM
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
I use the Glue Glider Pro and Zip Dry a LOT. If you have a store that sells the GGP and takes coupons, just wait till they're half off.
It's the strongest adhesive I've used in a smaller gun by far!

Zip Dry is also a big fav, I couldn't scrap without it.

Ditto! I love the Glue Glider Pro! Very strong and long-lasting adhesive. My favorite cartridge is the PermaTac. SO awesome!

And Zip Dry is amazing. I couldn't scrap without it either!

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to Ami G

I'm crazy about my new pink ATG. Thought they were too expensive when I first read all the hype about them on this site, but now that I got the pink one (for only $17, with two tape runners) I'm in love and wouldn't go back to my old glue sticks or glue dots.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

if you get the glue glider go with the perma tac the other stuff doesn't hold but if you look at the price of the ATG rolls its around 3.40 for 36 yards (not feet but actually yards) and if you get it a M's its like $3 if you use a coupon.

Edited by CorrieW on 09-15-10 12:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to CorrieW

wish they'd make the pink ATG a deal of the day (HINT HINT , sb.com powers-that-be)

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics